06/17 - Scaling Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindi

Reaction score
Good Morning

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Jun 16, 2018.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 313

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 343
- Number of HITs rejected: -1
- Bonus reward earned: $50.92
- HIT reward earned: $58.43
- Total Amount earned this week: $109.35

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Jun 16, 2018.

- Number of HITs submitted: 3,027

- Number of HITs approved: 3,431
- Number of HITs rejected: -78
- Bonus reward earned: $44.80
- HIT reward earned: $388.64
- Total Amount earned this week: $433.44

:thinking:

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score

- Number of HITs submitted: 264

- Number of HITs approved: 305
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $141.91
- HIT reward earned: $65.65
- Total Amount earned this week: $207.56

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Very amused, been trying to phone my dad for father's day.

1st call, he was out in the garden, enjoying the sun. Oh, phone back later, don't want to miss the nice weather... which is fair enough as they hardly ever get any.
2nd call, my brother and his 2 boys are there. All watching the world cup with him, Oh, phone again later...
3rd call, brother is gone but 2 nurses there to see how he is and the care worker, Oh phone again later.

I bet he'll be fast asleep...

Doug E

Two steps forward, one step back.....
Contributor
Reaction score

- Number of HITs submitted: 167

- Number of HITs approved: 169
- Bonus reward earned: $35.52
- HIT reward earned: $112.17
- Total Amount earned this week: $147.69

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

- Number of HITs submitted: 3,027

- Number of HITs approved: 3,431
- Number of HITs rejected: -78
- Bonus reward earned: $44.80
- HIT reward earned: $388.64
- Total Amount earned this week: $433.44

:thinking:
So did they reverse half of the 150 or so you go the other week? :thinking:

I've gotten a half reversal on mass rejections twice.
I'll take it, better than nothing.

shellsy515

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words.

Yea if you just keep on going you'll almost always make your goal.....something will save you eventually.*

*advice only works for full-timers
Okay, I'll just quite my other job. LOL...though, seriously though I'd really like to...but I know I can't yet, I'm just about to break 100 HITs. How much experience would you say you'd need before you can rely on turking solely as a full-time income?

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Very amused, been trying to phone my dad for father's day.

1st call, he was out in the garden, enjoying the sun. Oh, phone back later, don't want to miss the nice weather... which is fair enough as they hardly ever get any.
2nd call, my brother and his 2 boys are there. All watching the world cup with him, Oh, phone again later...
3rd call, brother is gone but 2 nurses there to see how he is and the care worker, Oh phone again later.

I bet he'll be fast asleep...
I read this and wished I could call my dad in a nursing home, he passed the week or so after I turned 16. But as stubborn as he was, this seems like the scenario that would play out if he were here,lol. Hope your dad has a great day.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I'll just quite my other job. LOL...though, seriously though I'd really like to...but I know I can't yet, I'm just about to break 100 HITs. How much experience would you say you'd need before you can rely on turking solely as a full-time income?
6 years and 40-50 closed quals.

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
Probably depends on how much money you need too. I can live happily now on 20% of what it took to pay the bills 5 years ago. :)

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
6 years is a loooooong time.
I was being generous. Here is how I look at it, Turking is like opening your own business or being any other type of freelancer. There is never one best way to go about it and 95% of those who try at it, they fail. But once in a while, due to no specific set of rules, Jupiter aligns with Mars and you happen to be standing when lightening strikes in the exact place you needed to be. Then those lucky individuals get to have a good run, but for how long? The worklkoad changes daily, hourly even. Requesters giveth and they taketh away, some vanish. So what I'm trying to say is that for the majority of turkers, this is a great source of side income. Anything more is at the least highly stressful and at themost the result of many little Eureka moments compiling over the years to create a database of hit opportunities that are not available to the majority, or they can script etc...to make the work low smoothe, or any other little reasons that caused that result. I'm not trying to discourage, I'm trying to allow for a realistic expectation that 95% likely fall in to.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

- Number of HITs submitted: 315

- Number of HITs approved: 434
- Bonus reward earned: $166.23
- HIT reward earned: $126.31
- Total Amount earned this week: $292.54

shellsy515

Reaction score
I was being generous. Here is how I look at it, Turking is like opening your own business or being any other type of freelancer. There is never one best way to go about it and 95% of those who try at it, they fail. But once in a while, due to no specific set of rules, Jupiter aligns with Mars and you happen to be standing when lightening strikes in the exact place you needed to be. Then those lucky individuals get to have a good run, but for how long? The worklkoad changes daily, hourly even. Requesters giveth and they taketh away, some vanish. So what I'm trying to say is that for the majority of turkers, this is a great source of side income. Anything more is at the least highly stressful and at themost the result of many little Eureka moments compiling over the years to create a database of hit opportunities that are not available to the majority, or they can script etc...to make the work low smoothe, or any other little reasons that caused that result. I'm not trying to discourage, I'm trying to allow for a realistic expectation that 95% likely fall in to.
Well, time to head outside with my lightning rod. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.