06/16 - Saving Sunday!

Are you a Father?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nique77

Reaction score
Basically, MTurk doesn't like for anyone person to send more than 1 request per second (1000ms). Therefore, setting tools/plug-ins to run faster than that starts resulting in Page Request Errors, which are basically short time-outs that you get when you send too many requests to MTurk too quickly.

In an earlier post you mentioned that you set HIT Catcher to 700ms. So to demonstrate PREs, turn off HIT Finder, and then set one single catcher to 700ms. Now watch that Catcher's PRE count start to go up. I forget precisely how long the PRE time-out last, but it's about 3 seconds. So basically PREs are really bad and you want zero of them. MTS and Panda Crazy try to balance-out their timing in order to avoid PREs.

cyberwasp @cyberwasp's suggestion of 1 second for HIT Finder's speed and 1 second for HIT Catcher's speed is good. One's ability to make more money and catch more HITs on MTurk depend far more on increasing their knowledge of the requesters and learning about their HIT-posting tendencies, as opposed to perfectly optimizing the timing of HIT Finder and HIT Catcher.

Gator @Gator is referring to a past explanation of mine about how the timing of multiple PANDAs/Catchers works and details why it's a bad idea to run too many at once.
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/...-multiple-pandas-running-simultaneously.4305/
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have.
Thanks!!! Awesome info to know. Can I "follow" (probably no the right word) a requestor? As in, any time anything comes up for them it will get caught in the catcher? Or is the "Include List" the only way to do that and I need to catch them myself?

KYLaura

Reaction score
I'd rather not share my order history.
Agreed. And I don't like the way they spelled behaviors. So that's two strikes against them. It also feels vaguely against the ToS, even though they said "remove personal identifiable information".

Reactions: mboone73

dreamonjaded1

Reaction score
Title: Survey about your thinking style (10-15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Adelaide CompCogSci [A2UKL52R7I6BX7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.07] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.25
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Questions about how you tend to think about intuition, thinking, truth, etc
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Adelaide Basic Qualification Exists

2:35

I need the Qual.... waiting for it. I didn't see anything other than a place to click request. No 3 cents or anything.

Last edited:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Agreed. And I don't like the way they spelled behaviors. So that's two strikes against them. It also feels vaguely against the ToS, even though they said "remove personal identifiable information".
Yea, they could be British. Or even worse, Canadian.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Chinese-English Bilinguals Survey | PANDA
Requester: Nguyen Le Phuong Linh [A318JQO52C3BVL] (Req TV): $20.33/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
A 20-minute survey on personality and emotions for people who speak and write English and Chinese fluently.
Time: 2 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; Completed ERS_1 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm done for the day (not that I have really worked much today, but I did fine) - but I just looked at my stats and I only have 13 hits pending from last week..., Which means the last week wasn't as good as I thought it was. Maybe. Or, it could be that those 13 hits are realllllly high money. Or not. I prefer to think that they possibly are, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberwasp

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
PE $26.65
I'm happy enough with that for today, seeing as its a weekend and Father's Day both.
Plus i spent a good bit of time doing other stuff and getting the yard mowed.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I’m under a severe thunderstorm warning.

Send booze!

Reactions: Srndpty

charlie

Reaction score
I’m under a severe thunderstorm warning.

Send booze!
We had a lot of fun in Texas with the storms. Getting bad down in the Hill Country. I dealt with it all early this afternoon in DFW.

Reactions: mboone73

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
We had a lot of fun in Texas with the storms. Getting bad down in the Hill Country. I dealt with it all early this afternoon in DFW.
It’s raining sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.