06/07 - Taco Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I'm not a parent so take this with a grain of salt. Kids should be afraid of their parents. I was, and I have good friends, no broken bones, no criminal record and a husband who was thoroughly vetted.
YES!

I don't want my daughter to be terrified that I am going to beat her to death but I want her to be afraid of living in a dumpster and being somebody else's bitch her entire life because she is so damn impressionable.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
TO is a bit iffy on this one but I have never had a rejection from this requester:

Title: 5 minute study on choices(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Daniel Walters [A1RZEWGDQ5II60] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.45] [Pay=3.43] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.13] [Fast=3.88] [Comm=2.79] [Fair=3.95] [Reviews=63] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.26] [Pen=0.03 days] [Res=null] [Rec=33%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: 5 minute study on choices
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [1402406426-91529] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 75; Location In US

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: A Survey Related to Personality. | Accept
Requester: Ed Testing [A2Y7XK7IMHV2L2] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.78] [Pay=3.75] [Fast=null] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.43] [Fast=4.79] [Comm=4.87] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=105] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=11.88] [Pen=1.26 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=2]
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 7200
Description: The goal of this study is to examine the thought processes of participants as they respond to certain questions. This will take approximately 30 minutes to complete, and you will be paid $2.50.
Qualifications: EligibleFacets DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
w[/td][/tr]

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Morning, all.

Holy shit did I learn a lot about 12 and 13 year olds from my daughter's birthday party yesterday.

I let her enjoy her day before I plan on grounding her for the entire summer - just for who she chooses to hang out with.

One girl spent the night here and started talking, at the dinner table, about how hilarious it was the first time her boyfriend fucked her. She is 12. Her parents allow this.

My daughter was bragging about having a facebook page that her mother and I don't know about.

I found it. It is deleted. She no longer has a tablet and her phone has been blocked from the router and her mother is going to kill the data plan on it this weekend.

Sneaky. Fucking. Kids.
Thank krist my son and his friends are complete geeks and nerds and are just into computers and random male insults. (Well, most of his friends, some are a little more advanced but not many). I would have had a heart attack had I heard that about the 12 year old.

The worst I overhear is the word "fuck" (which I do reprimand, even though I use it, but I'm a fucking adult so I can!). There have been one or two times I overhear something demeaning about girls/females and I'll step in on that, too, but I think that's mostly them not really understanding what they are saying.

I think, though, that my son is a little bit, and his friends are a lot, afraid of me. I can be the crazy, fun mom who can shock them with my weirdness, but most of his friends have known me since they were very young and have been around me volunteering at school or on field trips and know I can turn into a REALLY HORRIBLY MEAN SCARY HUMAN if they cross a line.

Letting them think I am a wee bit crazy is actually the plan. Keeps them on their toes.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Alright, since I was responsible for negativity on the thread this morning let me flip it a bit, bear with me:

A few years ago when my wife and I found out we were going to have a baby I started making a blanket for the baby. (yes, I'm a dude who crochets.)

A few weeks later my wife had a miscarriage. It was devastating. I put the blanket away. When she was at work I eventually pulled it out and started working on it again. Months went by and eventually we found out that we were going to have a baby again. I kept quietly making this blanket. I never stopped believing that eventually there would be a baby to give it to. For three years I have worked on it a bit here and there so my wife wouldn't see it and have bad memories.

Last night my wife told me that Archimedes outgrew his baby blanket.

I went to the closet and pulled out the finished blanket I made and held it out to him. He grabbed it and snuggled it and hasn't let go since.

My wife and I both nearly lost it as he toddled up the stairs dragging this blanket to bed.

_______
So I hope that makes up for the negativity I brought to the forum this morning.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Alright, since I was responsible for negativity on the thread this morning let me flip it a bit, bear with me:

A few years ago when my wife and I found out we were going to have a baby I started making a blanket for the baby. (yes, I'm a dude who crochets.)

A few weeks later my wife had a miscarriage. It was devastating. I put the blanket away. When she was at work I eventually pulled it out and started working on it again. Months went by and eventually we found out that we were going to have a baby again. I kept quietly making this blanket. I never stopped believing that eventually there would be a baby to give it to. For three years I have worked on it a bit here and there so my wife wouldn't see it and have bad memories.

I went to the closet and pulled out the finished blanket I made and held it out to him. He grabbed it and snuggled it and hasn't let go since.

My wife and I both nearly lost it as he toddled up the stairs dragging this blanket to bed.

_______
:mallow:

GTR

Reaction score
8 bucks my first hour.

damn your lavish lifestyle

*goes back to eating Ramen noodles without the seasoning pack, because of some asshole at a factory in Bumhole somecity forgot to quality control that shit*

I seem a little mad today :p
just jerking with you guiz

AngelFace

Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness
Contributor
Reaction score

_______
You didn't do anything wrong- darn teenagers and kids can bring loads of negativity- It's their fault lol- And that...is amazing...it is devastating to lose a child- You always remember them..no matter even if it was an egg- they will always be our children

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score

_______
This was heartbreaking but also beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

I did not sign up for a feels trip this morning and now require a tissue.

Reactions: sofaslug and Liz

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score

_______
From a chick who crochets, that is incredibly awesome and sweet.

So, a little related. When I was pregnant with my daughter I started crocheting a blanket. I didn't get it finished before she was born. Then she died as an infant and I put it away. After my son was born I decided to finally finish it so he could use it, and I did. Can't say it was his favorite one, as I have like seven crocheted baby blankets, but it was larger than most and it was used as a floor blanket a lot. It's now put away for him to hand down to his kids and when he's a dad I'll tell him I started it for his sister. He will really love that because, though he never knew her, he has a warm spot in his heart for her (my son is currently 14).

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey of work interests, personality, and cognitive ability | Accept
Requester: Daniel Nguyen [A278M2ZKXNBETW] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.78] [Fast=4.45] [Comm=4.02] [Fair=4.81] [Reviews=150] [ToS=1]
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 10800
Description: This is a survey about your level of interest in a variety of work activities, personality, and cognitive ability.
Qualifications: Motivation Test Pilot 1 Completed DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

AngelFace

Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Supervisor scenario(≈ 8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] (Req TV): $21.06/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
In this study you will read a short scenario about a supervisor, after which we ask you how you would work with this person
Time: 20 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Exc: [92096-91507] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; TP Panel: 349481807 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;

Reactions: Azazael
Status
Not open for further replies.