06/02 - Standard Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Academic study about decision-making on compensation(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: IUC Lab [A34332MUTXEJ8N] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.83] [Pay=4.75] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: With this study we investigate how people make compensation decisions. Please note that you will not be paid if you fill out the survey at random.
Qualifications: Exc: [2906561-90614] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
~6min going kinda slow[/td][/tr]
Holy cow,
is it really you, Pedro?

from Preston, ID?

I voted for you for class prez, btw

Kizka

Non Serviam
Contributor
Reaction score
Regarding the anti-allergen medicines, generics can be bought at places like Costco in large bottles for very cheap. Cetirizine is Zyrtec, Fexofenadine is Allegra, and Loratadine is Claritin.
I second Costco for all OTC meds. I got 6 months worth of generic zyrtec for like 8 bucks.

jakey baby

Certified Muppet
Reaction score
Aw hell :( Did you get her from a shelter?
Yeah. My uncle said he might take her but if not I'll have to bring her back. I'm pretty sad. I had work today and I made an excuse to leave early because I'm just really kind of heartbroken. My face has been puffy all day, my whole face and neck itches, my eyes feel swollen, and I've been sneezing like crazy. Claritin helps a little bit but not enough.

Reactions: Starslip

sudilly

Bubble Hell Avenger
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Subjective life experience and beliefs *5 MIN* survey | Accept
Requester: Laura [A1ONL2IFC4BLRA] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.50] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: You have been invited to take part in a study to learn more about how people experience the world. PLEASE do not accept this HIT if you have done a previous batch. We will not be able to pay you more if we find your worker ID in more than one HIT batch.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: aveline

Kizka

Non Serviam
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah. My uncle said he might take her but if not I'll have to bring her back. I'm pretty sad. I had work today and I made an excuse to leave early because I'm just really kind of heartbroken. My face has been puffy all day, my whole face and neck itches, my eyes feel swollen, and I've been sneezing like crazy. Claritin helps a little bit but not enough.
Not all allergy meds work the same. If you are serious about trying I say get a different formulation.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Take a look at the suggestions Kizka @Kizka posted. I don't know if it was mentioned in there, but allergies can also die down over time with exposure. I'm not necessarily saying you should sit and suffer through it, but it can decrease eventually on its own.

jakey baby

Certified Muppet
Reaction score
Take a look at the suggestions Kizka @Kizka posted. I don't know if it was mentioned in there, but allergies can also die down over time with exposure. I'm not necessarily saying you should sit and suffer through it, but it can decrease eventually on its own.
I'll try a few different things, and I'm going to give it until nearer the end of the week (so like thursday/friday) but if I don't find something that works by then I'll have to give her up. I've had a cat before and I never had any issues, so I don't know.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Not all allergy meds work the same. If you are serious about trying I say get a different formulation.
I second this. Centrinizine (Zyrtec) works for my seasonal outdoor allergies, but not for my cat. Claritin works for my cat, but not the outdoors. And I'm stubborn so I don't take any of it regularly :ROFL:
And like Starslip @Starslip mentioned, allergies definitely come and go. I never had a cat allergy until I went a few years without one. And after 8+ years of having my Puma Kitty again, they're really very mild now.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I'll try a few different things, and I'm going to give it until nearer the end of the week (so like thursday/friday) but if I don't find something that works by then I'll have to give her up. I've had a cat before and I never had any issues, so I don't know.
There might be a series of injections that decrease from weekly to monthly over a period of a few years. Love conquers all right?

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately some animals seem to cause more issues, possibly due to more dander. I'm ok with most dogs but my friend had one that I couldn't be around for any length of time without starting to feel really itchy and having breathing troubles.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Also, (again no judgement, I don't think any of us are trying to hound you!) my friend who took the allergy shots for his girlfriend who 100% refused to give up her cat, only had to take them once every three months and said they were relatively cheap. Cheaper than finding a new girlfriend, I imagine :ROFL: Good luck to you!

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Academic study. Takes about ~6 minutes.(~ 6 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Daisung Jang [A3Q081UBADEZ0F] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.08] [Fast=3.67] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=3.80] [Reviews=15] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 1800
Available: 6
Description: Repayment game
Qualifications: Exc: [-1139809149-90748] DoesNotExist ; TP Panel: -1655170301 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
3-ish minutes and potential bonus[/td][/tr]
Thanks :) That was the first hit I've done in a few hours...lol

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
allergies don't die by exposure; in fact, some allergies develop because of exposure

but there is an oddity about allergies - you can grow out of, and into various other allergies

----

and sometimes it's not actually the animal (though with cats, it usually is).
take dogs for example - many people that are allergic to dogs are actually allergic to the pollen and dander that has gotten on the dog from their walks.

what's more bizarre, is the type of dog can cause different reactions - me, for example, I have a difficult time with short hair dogs like pits, dobermans, and the like.. but longer hair dogs like pomerainians, afghan hounds, etc.. don't cause me any problems

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
allergies don't die by exposure; in fact, some allergies develop because of exposure

but there is an oddity about allergies - you can grow out of, and into various other allergies

----

take dogs for example - many people that are allergic to dogs are actually allergic to the pollen and dander that has gotten on the dog from their walks.

what's more bizarre, is the type of dog can cause different reactions - me, for example, I have a difficult time with short hair dogs like pits, dobermans, and the like.. but longer hair dogs like pomerainians, afghan hounds, etc.. don't cause me any problems
My understanding is allergies are an overreaction by your immune system to things it doesn't know how to deal with, primarily due to a lack of exposure in childhood. Small amounts of exposure to the allergen over time can train your immune system to stop overreacting. They did a study on it with kids suffering from peanut allergies and found in most cases they can be "trained" away.

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
As someone who has three cats, and is also allergic to cats...I say to see how it goes, if you can manage at all.

When I first had cats when I was younger, they always gave me itchy watery puffy eyes, sneezes/runny nose, etc. so I grew up on allergy meds, especially in the spring/summer when it seemed like my cat allergies worsened. Fast forward to about 4-5 years ago, and my allergies became non-existent, even in the spring. I slowly stopped taking the allergy meds, and with the exception of petting a cat and touching my eyes, I never had an issue.

But, when we got our most recent cat, Declan...my allergies appeared again out of no-where. I realized that the only young cats/kittens that I've had were when I was very little, and then Declan now - our most recent cat. I never deal with allergies to cats when they are fully grown/adult, only younger cats. Declan is the worst for my allergies. When we first got him, if I held him while I didn't have a shirt on, he would give me a rash/hives on my chest. Now he's a little older, but in the spring time he still sets off my allergies - eyes, nose, etc...

As others said, experiment with different allergy meds...I cannot recall which two I settled on, but my doctor recommended taking one for a few months, and then the other, to avoid a tolerance and make sure they were effective; it worked great! I'd definitely be using them again if Declan was an issue year round, but he only affects me in the spring. Also, if I keep up on brushing the cats, it helps tremendously! But, at the end of the day, your health, wellbeing, and sanity are most important! <3

Last edited:

Kizka

Non Serviam
Contributor
Reaction score

----

I am also a sufferer of the short fur allergy. My next pup will be a long haired hippy.

Reactions: GTR and Starslip

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I wasn't allergic to the outdoors until I bought a house and fell in love with gardening. Now anything green gives me hives. But I won't let it win... all summer I walk around itchy and looking like a leper, but my yard is really pretty! :p

Reactions: Starslip and Kizka

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
My understanding is allergies are an overreaction by your immune system to things it doesn't know how to deal with, primarily due to a lack of exposure in childhood. Small amounts of exposure to the allergen over time can train your immune system to stop overreacting. They did a study on it with kids suffering from peanut allergies and found in most cases they can be "trained" away.
Yea, that is true, but people are also allergic to things they have always been in contact with, like me with dogs and cats.

Reactions: Starslip
Status
Not open for further replies.