05/31 - Funky Friday!

Do you eat meat?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dill

Reaction score
Need at least a 2 hour long vicky batch to post sometime today.

Please.

Reactions: Katia2019

Katia2019

Reaction score
Schools here started the day after Labor Day. There was a state issued "no school past June 15th no matter how many snow days were used" when the school year started. They used a lot of snow days this year. Guess when the last day is? June 18th because they apparently changed the "no school after June 15th" sometime during the school year.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Went to the neighborhood 7-11 yesterday. Not only are they not doing Gulp Fest this summer, they are no longer going to be a 7-11! (gasp!)

What I thought was a company owned store was in fact owned by some company that licensed the 7-11 name and offered the 7-11 products (Big Gulp, Slurpee, etc). 7-11 and this company are ending their licensing agreement, the stores have to remove the 7-11 branding by Dec 31, 2021 and my neighborhood store is removing the 7-11 branding and products in July, changing the name to "DK". I am not sure there is going to be a 7-11 in my city after all the stores convert to DK so it's going to be weird not to be able to get a Big Gulp or Slurpee in a city of 500,000+ people.

GTR @GTR

Reactions: GTR and teal4life

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Marcelo Triana a noob requester? :wink:

Choking my hit finder with LinkedIn lawyer search tasks when they probably should have batched them (might even be cheaper on fees also?)

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Survey on Hurricanes and Wind Damage to Homes | PANDA
Requester: Rodrigo Castillo [A3IA8HUX2FNIFA]
TurkerView: [ $16.52 / hour ]
Description: In this survey, you are asked to read and answer questions about fortifying homes against hurricanes. You will also be asked some basic demographic information. This survey is being conducted by researchers at the University of Florida
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • Current Residence - Owned EqualTo 1
  • Location EqualTo US
  • Did my survey DoesNotExist
[3GT259VZ8HGQ61TF32FNJT8AMGBUYE]

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: 2 Part Investment Study | PANDA
Requester: David Zuckerman [A1R2RUIMY8YD5O]
TurkerView: [ $29.67 / hour ]
Description: This is a TWO-PART research study on decision-making, with the opportunity to earn bonus money in each part. The duration is approximately 30 minutes for the 2 parts combined. Your HIT payment will be $1.50, plus any bonus money you earn.
Duration: 240 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
  • Location In US
[3ZXRRTK2NDCT3YZDPG0C6NJTWB31OI]

TabethaC

Reaction score
For those who work with Appen and the Rater Labs job, I got a ticket asking for further information that I didn't understand what they are asking for. They want the google link of my residence, and I'm not sure what they mean by that.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
For those who work with Appen and the Rater Labs job, I got a ticket asking for further information that I didn't understand what they are asking for. They want the google link of my residence, and I'm not sure what they mean by that.
If you go to google maps and type in your address, you probably just need to give them the web address that appears.

Reactions: TabethaC

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

barny

(╯>.<)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Morning everyone. It's been a while... My home computer (where I tend to do most of my Turking from) broke down three weeks ago, and I've only been able to replace the motherboard as of yesterday, but I'm back up and running (thank goodness!). I feel like I've been watching money being flushed down the drain these past few weeks. Anyway, happy Turking to all today, and it's good to be back.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Morning everyone. It's been a while... My home computer (where I tend to do most of my Turking from) broke down three weeks ago, and I've only been able to replace the motherboard as of yesterday, but I'm back up and running (thank goodness!). I feel like I've been watching money being flushed down the drain these past few weeks. Anyway, happy Turking to all today, and it's good to be back.
That sounds like a nightmare! Glad you got it sorted out though. Hopefully you brought all the Hits back with your return.

barny

(╯>.<)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
That sounds like a nightmare! Glad you got it sorted out though. Hopefully you brought all the Hits back with your return.
'twas a nightmare indeed. When my computer wouldn't turn on one day afterwork, it felt as though all the blood in my body suddenly drained. Just a bad feeling. Luckily a replacement motherboard was only $18, but it took three weeks to arrive.

And holy hell, yeah, I've been trying to complete a few hits here and there the past few weeks on my tablet (not fun by the way) and there's just been nothing. I think I've made about 30 bucks in the course of three weeks, when normally I can make that in a couple of days tops. Looks like the summer Turk doldrums are here in full force...

Status
Not open for further replies.