05/30 - National Hole in My Bucket Day Wednesday!

Do you think the work threads are work-focused enough?

• No, we could be more work-focused.

Votes: 38 27.3%
  • Yes, it's fine.

Votes: 92 66.2%
  • Could be less work-focused and more social.

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
hey, the $16 survey comet hits are saying that they dropped a lot of people who were obviously not even trying

..I SAID THAT like two weeks ago, when I was reading the other people's answers.
I'm sure they deserved it. Even trying I was worried about some of mine, mostly because I'm not as familiar with some of the topics the further along that we move. But some people are just " I don't think that can happen in three days" and done???? not even a lick of a care.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure they deserved it. Even trying I was worried about some of mine, mostly because I'm not as familiar with some of the topics the further along that we move. But some people are just " I don't think that can happen in three days" and done???? not even a lick of a care.
it's not exactly a bad thing, if you think about it; they're useful as an example of what not to do.
They are also useful to the requester as a way to scale their judgement on whether someone provided any type of research.
I have consistently added two source web site links to each answer, and it is still worth the time.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
it's not exactly a bad thing, if you think about it; they're useful as an example of what not to do.
They are also useful to the requester as a way to scale their judgement on whether someone provided any type of research.
I have consistently added two source web site links to each answer, and it is still worth the time.
I've always added 2 links if not more, and actually read on the topic. I find it educational while also making some money. They take about an hour if you try, sometimes longer. But I think they are being fair.

Reactions: MarkC

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I think they just want an honest, decent effort.

My favorite questions are the ones that have numbers I can analyze (or make an attempt, anyway). Extrapolate data. I mention the numbers given and just use those numbers, similar past events, and common sense to make a prediction. The HITs usually take me about 45 minutes or so.

I did laugh at someone's justification from last week's round. The person wrote something like, "I just feel it will happen as I predicted." In that case, the person is probably seeing how much they can get away with.

Last edited:

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know how long it takes for the empirical jury hits to approve and pay?
can be a couple of days, but not much longer than that usually.

Tom81

Reaction score
can be a couple of days, but not much longer than that usually.
Thanks....it's been almost a week since I did one and still haven't been approved but it was the one where they messed up and forgot a question.

Reactions: cb456

jakey baby

Certified Muppet
Reaction score

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I think they just want an honest, decent effort.

My favorite questions are the ones that have numbers I can analyze (or make an attempt, anyway). Extrapolate data. I mention the numbers given and just use those numbers, similar past events, and common sense to make a prediction. The HITs usually take me about 45 minutes or so.

I did laugh at someone's justification from last week's round. The person wrote something like, "I just feel it will happen as I predicted." In that case, the person is probably seeing how much they can get away with.
The mturk equivalent of "because I said so". I just do not have the nerve to blatantly rip off a requester, nor the desire. Sometimes you have to wonder if these people do not understand the ramifications of their actions or inaction. It is not in their interest to provide lackluster work, yet they continue.

Last edited:
Reactions: TotalBabe and GTR

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to be getting a cat :)
you should have two cats.
they do better when there are more than one

they keep each other company
two don't eat much more, or use much more litter than one
and having a companion can ease their own stress

Last edited:

jakey baby

Certified Muppet
Reaction score
you should have two cats.
they do better when there are more than one

they keep each other company
two doesn't eat much more, or use much more litter than one
and having a companion can ease their own stress
I've never owned a pet myself before so I might get another down the road, but want to get one for now. Plus, my apartment has weird rules so I'm not 100% two cats is allowed.

Reactions: GTR

GTR

Reaction score
I've never owned a pet myself before so I might get another down the road, but want to get one for now. Plus, my apartment has weird rules so I'm not 100% two cats is allowed.
just make sure to let the cat pick the NFL team it would like to cheer for, and don't force it to wear a cheese hat on it's lil head :p

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Short graduate research study about public health advertisements | Accept
Requester: Jacob Lopez [A9RUFOL92QGZA] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 10800
Available: 1
Description: Graduate researchers are conducting a quick survey to investigate public opinion concerning a recent public health advertisement.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: <Gucci>
Status
Not open for further replies.