05/30 - Munificent Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LumosDC

Reaction score
Reactions: Lingesh and Michele

cassius

Reaction score
Rent is so high i don't know how people can even save these days. Average rent where i am (orlando) for a 2BR is $1790+
yeah, i'm seeing them go up. the apt i rented in columbus was 800/month, almost doubled in the 15 years i lived there. but not as expensive as others. it was just run down. then new landlord only fixed up supposedly one side of the duplex. but didn't do that well. found one in a small town rural area and it's just at 1000 with pet and garage. so far so good. much nicer and doesn't come with all those problems. the furnace in the apt in columbus was belching gas when i left. i had the LL in to fix it cause it wasn't working. after that there was a gas smell in there that frightened me. then it kind of went away. i wasn't asking the LL to come in and fix it again. he was in the process of selling it and if he didn't fix it right, i didn't trust him. so endured. i didn't smell it when we moved out. but my neighbor came through with the door open and she said she smelled it. so, i hope the new owner figured out he had to fix that furnace.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, it's crazy here in California. I pay almost $1500 for a 1 bdrm and struggling. The thing is, looking around now, this is actually on the cheaper end at least in my area. And they're getting around the monthly lease amount by adding in extras to the utilities. So, technically, I pay ONLY about $1275 for rent. But they add on stuff like mandatory valet garbage for $25/month even though I carry out my own garbage only 20 feet away to the dumpster....many months is goes up because they find some new thing to add.
Rent is so high i don't know how people can even save these days. Average rent where i am (orlando) for a 2BR is $1790+

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Jury Duty - The Kind You Can Do In Your PJs (MPSCK5T)(~ 79 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Empirical Jury [A2QGI2L47S8HB0]
TurkerView: [ $11.89 / hour ]
Description: You will read a presentation and return a verdict. You will also answer questions about yourself and the script.
Duration: 165 Min
Available: 32
Reward: $14.20
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • SurveyGroup [6439] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90
  • Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
  • Exc: [11754332-366792] DoesNotExist
[345DFELIPB1ZFUXTPN2QYFC89CZX0I]

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
I've never been able to catch this one
Title: Psychology Test Battery | PANDA
Requester: Badre Lab [A3GJM4QUV9OTGO] (Req TV): $14.67/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Complete a series of psychology experiments with the chance to earn a monetary bonus. Must be between 18-35 years old and have normal or corrected-to-normal vision to participate.
Time: 72 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $64.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 3000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: Lingesh and Dan 45

PandaThief

Reaction score
Yeah, it's crazy here in California. I pay almost $1500 for a 1 bdrm and struggling. The thing is, looking around now, this is actually on the cheaper end at least in my area. And they're getting around the monthly lease amount by adding in extras to the utilities. So, technically, I pay ONLY about $1275 for rent. But they add on stuff like mandatory valet garbage for $25/month even though I carry out my own garbage only 20 feet away to the dumpster....many months is goes up because they find some new thing to add.
They're requiring 3x the rent just to get into the door. That's $5400 a month on a $1790 apt . If you're just one person how is that even possible better yet how is that even sustainable when wages are crap and everything else is rising around you except that.

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yes! It's the same here. My neighbor in the apartment across the way from me is a mailman and single parent. He is trying to move but was saying that even with his relatively good monthly income of $5,100, he can't qualify on his own to move in to most places, like the duplex he was looking at around the corner that's requiring 3 times the rent for your monthly income. He was talking about possibly having his grown daughter, that has her own baby, move into one of the two bedrooms in one of the duplexes.
They're requiring 3x the rent just to get into the door. That's $5400 a month on a $1790 apt . If you're just one person how is that even possible better yet how is that even sustainable when wages are crap and everything else is rising around you except that.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
And many/most? places want first, last and security deposit, so it's $5400 just to move in, not counting any utility deposits you might have to come up with, plus you need to make that much every month to qualify!

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

PandaThief

Reaction score
Title: Jury Duty - The Kind You Can Do In Your PJs (MPSCK5T)(~ 79 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Empirical Jury [A2QGI2L47S8HB0] (Req TV): $11.89/hr/hr
Description:
You will read a presentation and return a verdict. You will also answer questions about yourself and the script.
Time: 2 hour(s) 45 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $14.20
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [6439] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1Take Test; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US; Exc: [11754332-366792] DoesNotExist ;

Title: Jury Duty - The Kind You Can Do In Your PJs (NBZMCZW)(~ 41 minutes) | PANDA
Description:
You will read a presentation and return a verdict. You will also answer questions about yourself and the script.
Time: 1 hour(s) 51 minutes(s)
Reward: $7.35
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [11754331-366791] DoesNotExist ; SurveyGroup [6439] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1Take Test; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Title: Jury Duty - The Kind You Can Do In Your PJs (MDPPRLJ)(~ 51 minutes) | PANDA
Description:
Time: 2 hour(s) 12 minutes(s)
Reward: $9.15
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [6439] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [11754329-366789] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1Take Test; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Individual decision makingAccept
Requester: Kiryl Khalmetski [AQ2WUYPWX623I] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$24.57][Pay=Generous][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $5.00
Duration: 00:30:00
Available: 1
Description: This is a study about individual decision making. You will make decisions for which you can receive a bonus depending on what you have chosen and chance in addition of a guaranteed payment of $2.00 and a bonus of $3.00 for fully completing the study.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Completed my survey already DoesNotExist

Reactions: Blakkat
Status
Not open for further replies.