05/25 - Bloodstained Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow I've gone so quickly from oh no my laptop fried, to realizing all of my HITs were gone to having this super fast loaner laptop and being extremely happy. I didn't even have to make coffee while it turned on or anything. I hope when I get my permanent one it is this fast and stable! I was trying to do things on an old netbook yesterday that was sad. I think I made .30 maybe. This is great. I'm grateful.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Read a document for a healthcare study and answer comprehension questions | Accept
Requester: Emilie Johnson [A2ZHBJO1YHC8O1] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $25.90] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $6.96] [Pen: 4.00 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$2.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Read a consent document for a study as if you were being offered to participate and answer comprehension questions ***If you have done a HIT for an online chat on genetic testing please do not take this HIT***
Requirements: Age - 25 - 30 EqualTo 1; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; US Bachelor's Degree EqualTo 0; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Azazael

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes! Finally! My Francesca Gino hit from the 14th finally approved. Like just now as it was still pending about 5 minutes ago.

:phew: I was beginning to worry that what I wrote (which was a lot) totally sucked.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't help that he's my step kid and his daddy and grandpa will do anything for him. Like pay his ticket when he caused a car accident, they bail him out constantly..it's lead to this self entitled dick mentality he has...wanna hear what he did on our vacation? He's lucky I didn't just leave him there.
My five year old told me that I could get her milk this morning and I explained to her that this is our house and not her own personal luxury resort and restaurant. She seems to want to be pampered this week I'm like hmmmmmm no. You're not sick or injured so...yeah I'm like let's nip this in the bud please.

Bokamo

Reaction score
It doesn't help that he's my step kid and his daddy and grandpa will do anything for him. Like pay his ticket when he caused a car accident, they bail him out constantly..it's lead to this self entitled dick mentality he has...wanna hear what he did on our vacation? He's lucky I didn't just leave him there.
Being a step-parent is a hard place to be. I am not one, but my husband is (and that's part of the issue with my son), and it breaks my heart to see the struggle sometimes. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this stuff :(

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes! Finally! My Francesca Gino hit from the 14th finally approved. Like just now as it was still pending about 5 minutes ago.

:phew: I was beginning to worry that what I wrote (which was a lot) totally sucked.
I completed this hit on the same day and I have been impatiently waiting for it to approve. It literally just approved as well! I was starting to panic. I feel like I just got off an elevator. haha :p

Jade71

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Karl Schuhmacher for work related to 3CKVGCS3PHEQCFFLYBY3T75A8A70SJ.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Being a step-parent is a hard place to be. I am not one, but my husband is (and that's part of the issue with my son), and it breaks my heart to see the struggle sometimes. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this stuff :(
He treats his mom the same as he does me, I don't think it's the step parent thing. It's the he likes being a dick thing. He the type of person that he only needs you when he can get something from you, when there is nothing to be gained or nothing for him to use he has no use for you.

Example, this girlfriend he has, he literally has her because she'll do anything he tells her to, follows him around like a puppy etc etc. He broke up with her once because he thought he could get other girls after 4 of them turned him down...he went back to her and she took him right back of course. While we were on vacation he tried to get with this girl on the cruise ship, she shot him down and he acted like a complete ass the rest of the trip.

I could literally tell his girlfriend this and she would do nothing. Yet he tells her that we treat him poorly and she believes it, she literally told our 14 year old daughter that "he's an awesome person and you all treat him like shit". I know this because our 14 year old us that..

This is the type of shit I deal with.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Survey on product evaluation (less than 2 min) | Accept
Requester: Q. Lab [AF8FKBE8S9BK4] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $11.12] [Pay: 3.57] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.56] [Fast: 4.83] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 26] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.25
Duration: 8 minutes
Available: 6
Description: You will be given some products to make simple comparisons and/or evaluations
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location In CA, US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just wanted to add, I really believe genes have a ton to do with who people are now. I've been in this kids life since he was 11, his mom hasn't been with his dad since he was 4. He hasn't spent much time with his dad either. Every other weekend from when he was 10-16 and sparingly seems them now...yet his mom will point blank tell me he is literally just like his dad to a T, and all he does is remind her why she divorced him because he is literally the same person.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I completed this hit on the same day and I have been impatiently waiting for it to approve. It literally just approved as well! I was starting to panic. I feel like I just got off an elevator. haha :p
Right? When I saw this morning it was still pending I began to really worry. Now just to pay out so I can transfer it :)

Reactions: 4ourfuture

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I just wanted to add, I really believe genes have a ton to do with who people are now. I've been in this kids life since he was 11, his mom hasn't been with his dad since he was 4. He hasn't spent much time with his dad either. Every other weekend from when he was 10-16 and sparingly seems them now...yet his mom will point blank tell me he is literally just like his dad to a T, and all he does is remind her why she divorced him because he is literally the same person.
It makes me sad that he's only 19 and it seems like both of his parent figures have already written him off. He's still young and dumb and is literally barely out of high school. He's still growing and learning and his brain is still developing. Give him a chance.

Bokamo

Reaction score
He treats his mom the same as he does me, I don't think it's the step parent thing. It's the he likes being a dick thing. He the type of person that he only needs you when he can get something from you, when there is nothing to be gained or nothing for him to use he has no use for you.

Example, this girlfriend he has, he literally has her because she'll do anything he tells her to, follows him around like a puppy etc etc. He broke up with her once because he thought he could get other girls after 4 of them turned him down...he went back to her and she took him right back of course. While we were on vacation he tried to get with this girl on the cruise ship, she shot him down and he acted like a complete ass the rest of the trip.

I could literally tell his girlfriend this and she would do nothing. Yet he tells her that we treat him poorly and she believes it, she literally told our 14 year old daughter that "he's an awesome person and you all treat him like shit". I know this because our 14 year old us that..

This is the type of shit I deal with.
In a weird way, it's nice to see that I'm not the only person dealing with this crap. My son acts like an entitled dick too. The whole reason he blew up at me and moved out? I asked him to do the dishes..literally asked, not crappy or rude or anything. He and my husband don't really get along (like he told my mom that he's willing to spend time with me, but not my husband because he "has no use for him", and his gf tried to tell me all this stuff about my husband being too hard on my kid, etc. Blah, it's all crap.

Reactions: 4ourfuture

Bokamo

Reaction score
The similarities here are freaky lol. My husband has been in my sons life since he was 5, my ex and I divorced when he was 2. My ex would go a YEAR without even talking to kiddo (so I totally understand having "daddy issues", don't get me wrong). But his attitude? Is totally his dad. Even his mannerisms...which is funny since they haven't ever spent much time together.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It makes me sad that he's only 19 and it seems like both of his parent figures have already written him off. He's still young and dumb and is literally barely out of high school. He's still growing and learning and his brain is still developing. Give him a chance.
It's not that...it's that he's a flaming dickhead, he needs a serious dose of reality. And we have tried repeatedly to make him take responsibility but all he has to do is call his dad and they take care of it for him.\

Written off is not the word I would use, frustrated and tired of dealing with his attitude, yes I am that.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 8-10 Minute Academic Survey | Accept
Requester: R M [A3G5JQ5KBXW99S] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $11.51] [Pay: 3.20] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.35] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 24] [ToS: 0]
Reward:
$0.90
Duration: 45 minutes
Available: 31
Description: We are currently recruiting participants to complete an academic research survey.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Bokamo

Reaction score
And there's the rub for me. I'm trying to figure out where to draw the line between tough love and making concessions. This stuff is a pivotal moment in his journey to being an adult, I want to influence him in the right way.

rsv777

Reaction score
It's not that...it's that he's a flaming dickhead, he needs a serious dose of reality. And we have tried repeatedly to make him take responsibility but all he has to do is call his dad and they take care of it for him.\

Written off is not the word I would use, frustrated and tired of dealing with his attitude, yes I am that.
Sounds more like what they call "tough love".

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The similarities here are freaky lol. My husband has been in my sons life since he was 5, my ex and I divorced when he was 2. My ex would go a YEAR without even talking to kiddo (so I totally understand having "daddy issues", don't get me wrong). But his attitude? Is totally his dad. Even his mannerisms...which is funny since they haven't ever spent much time together.
That pretty much is where I'm at too..and his dad has spent his while life being bailed out by his dad...ironic eh?

This kid doesn't even have chores now because when you give them to him, he half asses them and does them so poorly I have to do them afterwards. I have this pet peeve about my house being clean and he takes his one small area and throws shit all over the floor including clothes then refuses to clean it up...it's literally just being an asshole on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.