Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

dayum, Lucky Charms gettin' harsh
Hit this this morning.
Don't want them so i guess it's going in my ebay store when it comes in.

can't even win a box of Lucky Charms marshmallows
story of my life
Speaking of Ebay, if you do win make sure to sell that shit instead of eating it because those special edition prize boxes go for a good little chunk of monies from cereal collectors.....yes it's a thing.

Yes people spend 100s of dollars on expired cereal.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Reactions: SherryNotShirley

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

dayum, Lucky Charms gettin' harsh
"Or any other day." ?!
That's kinda rude and unnecessary. Why is that there?
Eat a bag o' shorts, General Mills!
I got my good eye on you too, Cap'n Crunch!
Don't think I forgot about your drunk ass. Your cereal rips up the roof of my mouth and I think breakfast is way to early for that level of pain

GTR

Reaction score
Hit this this morning.

Speaking of Ebay, if you do win make sure to sell that shit instead of eating it because those special edition prize boxes go for a good little chunk of monies from cereal collectors.....yes it's a thing.

congrats on the glasses
and yea the special edition cereals do go for big bucks

Reactions: C to the J

KittyTacos

Reaction score
Hit this this morning.

Sage advice...

I once sold a unopened box of celery flavored Jello for close to $100

Reactions: C to the J and GTR

GTR

Reaction score
"Or any other day." ?!
That's kinda rude and unnecessary. Why is that there?
Eat a bag o' shorts, General Mills!
I got my good eye on you too, Cap'n Crunch!
Don't think I forgot about your drunk ass. Your cereal rips up the roof of my mouth and I think breakfast is way to early for that level of pain
I've never trusted Cap'n Crunch
he looks like he would stab you in the back while smiling to your face

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Just a little confused because when i hear bitcoin i automatically think bitcoin mining , I'll look into this, thx
Mining is a thing but bitcoin mining=gold mining. You don't need to know a bit of gold mining to buy/use/save/understand gold coins. Or, in a more contemporary situation, think of it like minting money(printing bills and stamping coins). Mining is basically creating new money, like minting coins, it has almost nothing to do with the daily use of the currency.

Reactions: PandaThief

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Just a little confused because when i hear bitcoin i automatically think bitcoin mining ,
when I hear bitcoin, I think unregulated, pump and dump, sketchy. While the swings are not as wild and frequent as they used to be, there was still quite a bit of a swing recently.

I hope Jerami and others aren't being conned - especially fee'd to death that wipes out any portfolio accumulated.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
when I hear bitcoin, I think unregulated, pump and dump, sketchy. While the swings are not as wild and frequent as they used to be, there was still quite a bit of a swing recently.

I hope Jerami and others aren't being conned - especially fee'd to death that wipes out any portfolio accumulated.
I hear what you're saying. Well, not too worried about losing free money but, I think of them like I'd think of any speculative market. I worry about them as much as I worry about my free Robinhood stocks, which I sold when they were higher than their original price. The thing about cryptocurrency is that there are very few fees associated, though price fluctuations are definitely something to be aware of. There are "stable-coins" that don't fluctuate(well they do but, only because the backing currency fluctuates) like the USD Coin https://www.coinbase.com/price/usdc.

But, for people who feel that they could be conned, for whatever reason, I suggest taking the free money, cashing out immediately, then closing the account. Same exact advice I give when I want someone who is wary of speculative markets to get their free stocks from Robinhood.

Do the thing they ask to get the thing that's worth money. Trade said thing for money immediately. Spend money. Keep it simple, I say.:)

EDIT I don't use this as an investment strategy. I used it to take the free money they offered. I'll be cashing it out and spending it. I don't have enough money to let it sit there and gain or lose. Not really into investing, at this stage in my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberwasp and GTR
Status
Not open for further replies.