05/22 - Warburton Wednesday!

Does your username have a story behind it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

corysilk

Reaction score
I don't know if this is against the rules to talk about it, but I think the rejections had something to do with the math equations that had a literal line ( ---) as one of the lines. I don't know if we were supposed to box those in or not, but most of the ones I did today had a line in it.

Reactions: tempo and aveline

sks

Reaction score
I would like to check my email and see he’s responded.

Reactions: tempo

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I don't know if this is against the rules to talk about it, but I think the rejections had something to do with the math equations that had a literal line ( ---) ass on of the lines. I don't know if we were supposed to box those in or not, but most of the ones I did today had a line in it.
I wondered about those too. I always boxed them just because I figured they were part of the math problems (I'm bad at math, so I really have no idea why that line would be there)

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I wondered about those too. I always boxed them just because I figured they were part of the math problems (I'm bad at math, so I really have no idea why that line would be there)
If it was just a solid line, problem separation maybe? I didn't get to do the masters batch.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
If it was just a solid line, problem separation maybe? I didn't get to do the masters batch.
It was just like a minus sign that would sometimes be at the very top. Like they would be laid out on the page something like this (oversimplification, but you get the idea):

--
1 + 1
2x - 5

Reactions: tempo and corysilk

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
I wondered about those too, but the requester didn't respond to emails at the time so there was no way to clarify. I didn't box them, personally

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
It was just like a minus sign that would sometimes be at the very top. Like they would be laid out on the page something like this (oversimplification, but you get the idea):

--
1 + 1
2x - 5
Yeah that is strange, not sure why it would be there. I wouldn't think it would get boxed, but what the purpose is I have no clue. I had imagined maybe they were used to differentiate between the start of multiple problems initially based on the description.

Status
Not open for further replies.