05/22 - Storm Owl Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Req.body

Crow
Contributor
Reaction score
I think they should do a reality show on turkers. Stick us all in a house together. Last one standing gets a cool million.
I really wish one day there was like a turkcon where we get to meet requestors.

-Scratch that, I think I would be throwing food at some requestors for some retarded rejections.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpookyMyers

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
Debt is a bitch. It's nice to have a way to chip away at it, though, even if mturk chips away at your soul at the same time.
I have no debt other than our house. It's awesome but also sucks because we pay cash or do without until we can pay cash. I learned by the age of 20 I could not have credit cards because they never felt like real money to me... Just Monopoly money or something.

Reactions: Vanyanka

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have no debt other than our house. It's awesome but also sucks because we pay cash or do without until we can pay cash. I learned by the age of 20 I could not have credit cards because they never felt like real money to me... Just Monopoly money or something.
I actually don't have debt anymore except a small credit card balance but I remember those days well. I had a fuckload of medical bills pile up really quickly when I was without health insurance years ago. It's just crushing.

Loxxed

Avada Kedavra
Banned
Reaction score
I have a question,

Why is working from my queue magnitudes faster then just checking "Accept next hit"?

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
I actually don't have debt anymore except a small credit card balance but I remember those days well. I had a fuckload of medical bills pile up really quickly when I was without health insurance years ago. It's just crushing.
Yup. We declared bankruptcy when I had my middle son. We paid over $800 a month cobra out of unemployment when hubs job was sent to the Philippines and we moved back home. It covered us and the baby until he was 30 days old. He got sick right after that after a reaction to a vaccine and was in the hospital over a week. He had spinal taps and countless tests. We didn't think he'd make it. Racked up close to $400k in medical debt and said fuck it, bankruptcy it is. That was about 7 years ago now.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yup. We declared bankruptcy when I had my middle son. We paid over $800 a month cobra out of unemployment when hubs job was sent to the Philippines and we moved back home. It covered us and the baby until he was 30 days old. He got sick right after that after a reaction to a vaccine and was in the hospital over a week. He had spinal taps and countless tests. We didn't think he'd make it. Racked up close to $400k in medical debt and said fuck it, bankruptcy it is. That was about 7 years ago now.
That's terrifying. I'm so glad your kid is ok, even if you did have to declare bankruptcy. $400K is just insane.

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, new idea. Combination of Turk (real world style) and rehab. That should narrow the field fairly quick. Haha

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
And this one:

Is this from the $.03 hits? I'm generally not PC. At all. But I don't like that word and taught my kids it's not cool to say. We used that one and "gay" so much when I was a teen. I still let them slip sometimes but I'm trying to teach my kids a bit better.

Reactions: Vanyanka and Loxxed
Status
Not open for further replies.