05/18 - Funky Friday!

Which Tribe should win Survivor this week?

• Tribe 1 (https://youtu.be/PfnlMbCzhoI)

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Tribe 2 (https://youtu.be/d01y-QUWNqc)

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I was JUST typing a post saying,

OMG I cannot believe how excited I am about the royal wedding tomorrow! In 12 hours I'll be watching it!!!

But, for me, this IS a huge part of my life. I watched Diana get married. I was obsessed with her as a girl. I have scrapbooks I made from all the articles I could find on her from when they got engaged up through her death. I have read at least 15 books about (by, cough) her. I have several tchokes that are Royal related. I was up for Williams wedding. Now I get to stay up for Henry's (well, Harry).

(I also know a lot about many of their ancestors (Queen Victoria for one) and some of their predecessors.)

So, in a way, I am excited about my own life because it's been such a ginormous part of my life!
what do you think about megan? think Harry is making the right choice?

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
The royal family just needs to not exist. A waste of money while their people are suffering.
They actually bring massive money into the country and they do a ton of good work for many causes that would otherwise not be known. Look what Diana did for AIDS sufferers in the 80s and what she was doing for land mines when she died. Her sons are carrying on her traditions. Charles has a lot of good charities, too.

They're not complete leeches on the system. They actually generate more than they take.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Hunters vs Rangers Game (2‐player game) | Accept
Requester: Han Ching Ou [A2236TC743IZQY] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $0.50
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 1
Description: This task consists of a few games and survey questions. Data from these games and surveys might be used to develop better strategies for wild life conservation.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
what do you think about megan? think Harry is making the right choice?
If Harry is in love then yes, he is making the right choice. He sure dated around a lot, so he's got experience! I think Diana would be thrilled to see her son so happy. I love that he bucked tradition and is marrying a divorcee. His great, great uncle had to abdicate the freaking throne for doing the same thing!! And his great aunt could not marry the love of her life because he was divorced (and it basically broke her.)

However, I am not 100% in. If anything this might be like and Andrew and Sarah Ferguson thing. They divorced but are still great friends. It seems like Harry and Meghan are good friends. I'm willing to be happy for him and hope it lasts a long, long time, like his grandma's marriage has.

I just hope they can have a couple of kids! I think he'll be a smashing dad. She is getting a wee bit old, though, so they gotta get on that (and I had my last kid three weeks before I turned 36 so I am an old mum!)

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Product to Interest Audit (single yes/no per HIT) | Accept
Requester: Amazon Requester Inc. - Customer Interests [A225CX8SZ86ADP] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $13.44] [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 4.33] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.38] [Fast: 4.36] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 37] [ToS: 0]
Reward:
$0.01
Duration: 5 minutes
Available: 200
Description: Confirm labeling of products with interest (e.g. 'batman', 'sailing' etc). Single yes/no per HIT, average estimated time < 5 seconds.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yet they still cost the people almost 50 million a year that could go to making sure people aren't dying waiting for medical care :(
But my position is the money they put back into the economy that Parliament could put towards that exact same cause is vastly more than 50 million.

(Let's guess how much extra money is going into the country right now for this wedding?)

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it's exciting, but I also still wish I were a princess, so...

cassius

Reaction score
They actually bring massive money into the country and they do a ton of good work for many causes that would otherwise not be known. Look what Diana did for AIDS sufferers in the 80s and what she was doing for land mines when she died. Her sons are carrying on her traditions. Charles has a lot of good charities, too.

They're not complete leeches on the system. They actually generate more than they take.
Yes, they're such classy people.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3750801/Britain-s-exclusive-secret-sex-party-heads-North-Kate-Middleton-s-sextrepreneur-friend-launches-members-orgies-Manchester.html

Status
Not open for further replies.