05/12 - Some Shelter Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone starts out thankful for sharing batches then learns, grows, becomes...

Shit what's another word for jaded.

Anyway it's a cycle, most of us would still be flopping around like idjits if it wasnt for people sharing whether that be knowledge or hits. Or nonsense.
I like apathetic, it's close enough to pathetic to be funny and still be true.

Reactions: Jaded

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
We've had this discussion endlessly.
The point of the forum is to help everyone. I am so grateful for the first batch I ever worked on (it was posted in a thread). It taught me a lot and made me able to earn more money. I remember who did it and when it happened. At the time, it was a godsend. (speaking as me :)

If you aren't linking a batch here, because you don't want to share it - don't mention it on the forum. Do as you do, but don't discuss it. It's just rude. (Speaking as a mod)
One could argue that hinting at a batch is actually more helpful than flat out posting it.

Increases the amount of money made by the worker who is willing to actually look for a batch.
Increases the quality of work the requester receives because it isn't being exported to a different community that is going to give a requester lower quality work. A6_Foul_Out @A6_Foul_Out

Secret batches are only secret to people too lazy to look for them.

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
One could argue that hinting at a batch is actually more helpful than flat out posting it.

Increases the amount of money made by the worker who is willing to actually look for a batch.
Increases the quality of work the requester receives because it isn't being exported to a different community that is going to give a requester lower quality work. A6_Foul_Out @A6_Foul_Out

Secret batches are only secret to people too lazy to look for them.
So like if you said "square root of 25 = $$"

Reactions: C to the J

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That just makes people pissy, I feel like if you're (you in general, not you specifically) gonna give secret hints you might as well just PM

this is not me speaking as a mod, this is me speaking as a floaty cat
Sorry, I'm not trying to give hints here I'm the one that is pissy. I've been excluded from more 5ives money in the past 2 years than I care to count.

Reactions: SAJ and C to the J

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
That just makes people pissy, I feel like if you're (you in general, not you specifically) gonna give secret hints you might as well just PM

this is not me speaking as a mod, this is me speaking as a floaty cat
Not secret hints...just name dropping stuff instead of blowing it up with an export

So many times I do that to clue people in then 3 posts later it gets exported then batch is efff'd

Reactions: C to the J

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I got less votes than SAJ @SAJ ?

that scene made me ridiculously sad.

Not secret hints...just name dropping stuff instead of blowing it up with an export

So many times I do that to clue people in then 3 posts later it gets exported then batch is efff'd
oh, I Just meant that post specifically, not the whole conversation.

Reactions: SAJ

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
Ok, maybe I'm not understanding, but aren't 5's the worst kept secret, but the hardest qual to get? So it's not like they are going to be flooded with new workers?

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Ok, maybe I'm not understanding, but aren't 5's the worst kept secret, but the hardest qual to get? So it's not like they are going to be flooded with new workers?
That was an example hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.