05/12 - Some Shelter Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Some of us "newer" folks aren't a-holes and very much appreciate the help you more seasoned turkers provide. Appreciation doesn't pay bills though, I get it lol. And people who do crap work for whatever reason honk me off.
Some of us "aholes" will mention the batch for the "newer turkers" but not export it to get blown up.

Reactions: Bokamo

Bokamo

Reaction score
Some of us "aholes" will mention the batch for the "newer turkers" but not export it to get blown up.
I didn't mean YOU guys were a-holes! I meant those people who just want you to spoon feed them all the hits and then turn in crap work.

Reactions: SAJ

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Some of us "newer" folks aren't a-holes and very much appreciate the help you more seasoned turkers provide. Appreciation doesn't pay bills though, I get it lol. And people who do crap work for whatever reason honk me off.
it’s a double edged sword. i agree with SAJ’s opinion on this case. mturk is a competitive field, but this is also a forum to help others and share hits. so you can’t really have it solely one way. it’s a blessing and a pain

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't mean YOU guys were a-holes! I meant those people who just want you to spoon feed them all the hits and then turn in crap work.
That is why I have issues with batches being exported. The lurker world is bigger than active members on all forums.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
it’s a double edged sword. i agree with SAJ’s opinion on this case. mturk is a competitive field, but this is also a forum to help others and share hits. so you can’t really have it solely one way. it’s a blessing and a pain
Yeah it sucks it is good and bad. I just pound survey exports all day long to try and keep the lurkers busy lol

Reactions: Peachy and Bokamo

Bokamo

Reaction score
Title: READ THE DESCRIPTION FIRST: Perceptions of science research-4(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Ian Hanldey [A3RVTH12L81G2T] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 1.75] [Fast: 3.67] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 7] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: 0.13 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.45
Duration: 35 minutes
Available: 1
Description: YOU MUST BE A MALE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS HIT. There is a separate HIT for female workers to complete. In this HIT, you will be asked to view and complete a variety of tasks and evaluations related to science and scientific research. This experiment will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [733712919-87663] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
We've had this discussion endlessly.
The point of the forum is to help everyone. I am so grateful for the first batch I ever worked on (it was posted in a thread). It taught me a lot and made me able to earn more money. I remember who did it and when it happened. At the time, it was a godsend. (speaking as me :)

If you aren't linking a batch here, because you don't want to share it - don't mention it on the forum. Do as you do, but don't discuss it. It's just rude. (Speaking as a mod)

Last edited:

Bokamo

Reaction score
Yeah it sucks it is good and bad. I just pound survey exports all day long to try and keep the lurkers busy lol
I finally KINDA learned how to do an export (only recently downloaded MTurk Suite after a long Mturk hiatus), so I'm trying to share more of those lol.

Reactions: jan and SAJ

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I finally KINDA learned how to do an export (only recently downloaded MTurk Suite after a long Mturk hiatus), so I'm trying to share more of those lol.
Yeah it is so easy these days with one button :wink: Not long ago it was a process to share a survey

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
what's missing is the difference between helping the forum, and posting the hit to HN.

If you want to post everything "to the forum" to help the people "on the forum" you really can't have a gripe with that.

Conversely, hard exporting it and having it go up to 250 novices who provide shit work on HN is bad for EVERYBODY

(except for people who think it's funny)

and they don't care anymore anyway lmfao

Last edited:

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
I got my first batch work from this forum. I was extremely grateful, but it didn't' come from an export. I put 2 and 2 together from clues folks gave me. But I don't think I have ever approached the forum as a place to be spoon fed. My biggest hurdle wasn't learning how to find batches, my biggest hurdle was getting the right add on/scripts to make them more streamlined, and Thankfully any questions I have had about PandaCrazy, MTS, etc. have been answered or viewed via YT.

Edit: to fix write to right, because that just ain't right.

Last edited:

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
another 2 whole days before the 1st GSW/Rockets game. blegh

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out
Status
Not open for further replies.