05/09 - Munchkin Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
Going back through the posts, I see the "pay per hour" argument I see on every other forum. I always feel it comes down to two types of people.

1. people that feel that low pay isn't worth their time and effort and feel offended at such a low rate.

2. (and this is more my style) people that would rather make something while sitting here waiting for the better pay ones to show up.

There are times, we all know, that there ain't shit to do on mturk. You either sit around and wait or you get busy on the crumbs that are left.

I am more a style 2 person because I was always taught a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.

That being said, I ain't ever been desperate enough for Brelig...

TheDuck

Reaction score
Title: A short academic study! | PANDA
Requester: Mac SI [A1S9VEQE3KRJQY] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.15 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 43 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This is a short academic study. It takes about 3 minutes.
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Location is US

Reactions: TQueen

ashleyvirus

i'm the real taylor swift
Reaction score
Going back through the posts, I see the "pay per hour" argument I see on every other forum. I always feel it comes down to two types of people.

1. people that feel that low pay isn't worth their time and effort and feel offended at such a low rate.

2. (and this is more my style) people that would rather make something while sitting here waiting for the better pay ones to show up.

There are times, we all know, that there ain't shit to do on mturk. You either sit around and wait or you get busy on the crumbs that are left.

I am more a style 2 person because I was always taught a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.

well, and it also comes down to the fact that if this shitty lowpaid work keeps getting done by desperate people, requesters aren't going to change, they're going to keep putting out shitty lowpaid work because it gets done at those abysmal rates. boycotting those hits is one way to do it. but i guess there will always be someone out there desperate to make even $3/hour. i understand, i do. just things aren't going to change at this rate and it's frustrating.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score

and that's the reason why soo many requesters pay shit

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
There are valid arguments on both sides of the pay discussion. Preferences, yo. Can we just gif party until good hits start to post instead of having a discussion that has been had ad nauseam at this point?

Last edited:

TheDuck

Reaction score

Both camps have their merit. We are engaged in real-time supply and demand for work on mturk and we all have the power of substitution that sets our minimum rates. Scoutit clearly is in no rush to get their tasks done and can afford for work to sit around until newbies or those who really need the money take the tasks. Others (like surveys or deadline-crunched requesters) need their tasks done quickly and can't afford for hits to sit for days or weeks before they are completed.

Since I have other work, my substitution rate is higher and I will not do tasks that pay below a certain amount and avoid requesters who pay little per hour. If they want me to work, they'll raise their pay.

DONTDOIT

Custom Title:
Contributor
Reaction score

3. For me at least spending downtime learning to program has made me more money than working bad batches ever would.

Reactions: jan and TheDuck

TheDuck

Reaction score
Title: A short academic study! | PANDA
Requester: Mac SI [A1S9VEQE3KRJQY] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.15 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 43 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This is a short academic study. It takes about 3 minutes.
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Location is US
1 minute

Reactions: Empress328

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
and that's the reason why soo many requesters pay shit
Possibly, could also be that the dollar is worth more in India, which in the beginning we were in direct competition of. And now that they are opening up to other countries again, we will have the same issue yet again.

I personally don't work the cheap batches and haven't touched sergios at half the pay as before, but I find myself working more on the .50 surveys and such. They don't pay the big bucks I like in a hit, but they add up.

3. For me at least spending downtime learning to program has made me more money than working bad batches ever would.
I always wanted to be able to program. Problem is, I don't have the money to go back to school for it.

Last time I took a course, it was for Visual Basic. And I hated VB with a passion...

Reactions: Concise

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
"Please note that for this survey you will be watching videos, so your browser must be up to date to run these"

makes me wonder if there are still poor souls out there running like... internet explorer :spaz:
Even worse, you can still download "Netscape Navigator" and use it online...

ashleyvirus

i'm the real taylor swift
Reaction score
why do i get so many errors with qualtrics? i literally have to clean my qualtrics cookies out every day or i get a 400 error page. it's so annoying!! i don't even take that many surveys!

Bigbore

Reaction score
well since zoltars are sucking toes, im gonna go play factorio and let HM run

Reactions: BrewMeister
Status
Not open for further replies.