05/08 - Scottish Fold Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
I wouldn't count on Zoltar's for a while guys. Reason I say this a lot of people would say they hit the cap every day or say I did 377 zoltars. Those people jacked it up for the rest of us. I am sure that 10- 20% of these people were doing excellent work. I think Zoltar got fed up. Blocked some people have cut way back on the amount of work available. I hope they don't become the new YTA capped at 6 or 10! If they come back in full glory feel free to throw this post back in my face a whole bunch :)
Maybe.
Of course, on one level, I think you're right - frankly, I suspect that's what happened to virals and since I loved those, it still annoys me.
But it's always on the requester. If they wanted someone to ponder over those, they could have qual'ed the HITS. I think big batch work like that should always, at some point, be qual'ed. I go slow (and make less than other people) on all hits, because that is my nature. But I rarely get rewarded for that. It's sort of like that you are the decider thing. When I make the choice, I always try for 50/50 - and on mturk, well, you know how that goes :(

Last edited:

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't count on Zoltar's for a while guys. Reason I say this a lot of people would say they hit the cap every day or say I did 377 zoltars. Those people jacked it up for the rest of us. I am sure that 10- 20% of these people were doing excellent work. I think Zoltar got fed up. Blocked some people have cut way back on the amount of work available. I hope they don't become the new YTA capped at 6 or 10! If they come back in full glory feel free to throw this post back in my face a whole bunch :)
I agree with Zoltar getting fed up, but I feel like this is just the normal ebb and flow of Zoltar. They post every day for a week or two, then take a week off. At least that is what I have noticed.

corvid

Contributor
Reaction score
It's been there all weekend.
do you think this is why mturk suddenly and seemingly without warning approved all of those international workers? to get some native British English speakers? i'd imagine it's not good to leave google hanging when they post a big job like that.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Psychological learning study: Predicting the behavior of others (~ 40
minutes)
| PANDA
Requester: Online Research Studies [A27CNW4L89VKTU] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.07 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.21 Generosity
★★★★ 4.52 Fairness
★★★★ 4.88 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 70 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: In this study you will observe behaviors and make judgments. (ca 40 min)
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 4
Reward: $4.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Exc: [1694910785-11541] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Location is one of: US

Takes about 20-25 minutes, don't be surprised when you finish the main task and get redirected to another small survey. It isn't that bad.

Reactions: <Gucci> and Tribune

Desertdarlene

Baby Shorebird and Duckling Protector
Reaction score
Well, I'll guess I'll sleep in more, then. They tend to come out before I get up anyway. One day, I got up extra early and got a whole bunch.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe.
Of course, on one level, I think you're right - frankly, I suspect that's what happened to virals and since I loved those, it still annoys me.
But it's always on the requester. If they wanted someone to ponder over those, they could have qual'ed the HITS. I think big batch work like that should always, at some point, be qual'ed. I go slow (and make less than other people) on all hits, because that is my nature. But I rarely get rewarded for that. It's sort of like that you are the decider thing. When I make the choice, I always try for 50/50 - and on mturk, well, you know how that goes :(
I was thinking this morning as I did the three I got that they might be getting ready to qual based on the responses they're receiving from these microbatches this weekend.

Ofc, I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee yet, so I could just be talking out of my ass.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I was thinking this morning as I did the three I got that they might be getting ready to qual based on the responses they're receiving from these microbatches this weekend.

Ofc, I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee yet, so I could just be talking out of my ass.

I hope they don't qual off of this weekend. I didn't do any yesterday and only managed to grab one today.

Reactions: Tribune and jan

Empress328

Semi Well-Known Member
Reaction score
do you think this is why mturk suddenly and seemingly without warning approved all of those international workers? to get some native British English speakers? i'd imagine it's not good to leave google hanging when they post a big job like that.
Someone miscalculated here. 59 thousand are just sitting around.

Reactions: Tribune

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Those workers are for the most part finishing up their probationary periods and these Jamelios only posted this week. Unless you're suggesting google got in touch with Amazon and demanded British workers?

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
4 to 5 minutes

Title: Guess the more popular image | PANDA
Requester: Greg [A3575GM9DMC7TU] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: Give us your opinion and guesses about which image received more votes on Reddit
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Location is one of: US

Reactions: Tribune and jan

corvid

Contributor
Reaction score
Those workers are for the most part finishing up their probationary periods and these Jamelios only posted this week. Unless you're suggesting google got in touch with Amazon and demanded British workers?
"demanded" might be a bit harsh, but that is pretty much what i was suggesting. some of those new workers said they'd been waiting a year or two to be approved. it's just odd timing. i'm always curious about the working relationship between the google requesters and mturk. i'd imagine mturk is much more accommodating, or even just available, for them than they are for the average academic requester. or else i think google would have their own platform by now.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
"demanded" might be a bit harsh, but that is pretty much what i was suggesting. some of those new workers said they'd been waiting a year or two to be approved. it's just odd timing. i'm always curious about the working relationship between the google requesters and mturk. i'd imagine mturk is much more accommodating, or even just available, for them than they are for the average academic requester. or else i think google would have their own platform by now.
Google has been saying that they are developing their own platform, but competing with a tried and true site is difficult. Just look at Google Plus and Facebook.

Reactions: Tribune and corvid

jan

Reaction score
Title: This is a 2 min survey about your experiences with airports. Quick, easy, and fun! | PANDA
Requester: UM [A2FI5PAPNNIR8M] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.88 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.54 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.76 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.58 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 50
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: In our pretests, people took 2 minutes on average to complete the survey. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT IF YOU TOOK IT BEFORE. Max time allowed: 30 min
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 96; Total approved HITs is greater than 50; Location is US

jan

Reaction score
does anyone else have a bunch of unapproved Zing's?
(I have a few hundred from yesterday, and given how fast they normally approve...........it sort of worries me :incog:

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Google has been saying that they are developing their own platform, but competing with a tried and true site is difficult. Just look at Google Plus and Facebook.
I'm thinking although the data itself is very valuable, setting up the whole service is probably not that profitable. Amazon seems to barely care about it, and Facebook and Google, or some of the other tech giants haven't tried building a competing platform yet.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Just look at Google Plus and Facebook.
Heh, I set up a g+ account on the first day they let employees start inviting friends, but deleted it when they started trying to force me to use my real name on YouTube. Nope.

Reactions: Tribune and Squatty

jan

Reaction score

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Where's ChristopherASA @ChristopherASA?

Title: Invitation to Ages 75 and above only. Survey on Attitudes, Values and Public Policy | PANDA
Requester: Tom Bowerman [A1B6ERVTF8W5E1] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.62 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.75 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 24 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Age 75 and above only, otherwise subject to disqualification.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.04
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 96;Total approved HITs is greater than 50;Location is US

Status
Not open for further replies.