05/06 - Secondhand Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been outside working on my garden all day, just got in and decided to try to work for a little bit. And oh my god, these Eric Sites hits seem too good to be true.

Its all a dream

Reactions: twig

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Do anarchists use carrier pigeons?

:thinking:

Reactions: Pleco

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Eric Sites
4:39 PM (53 minutes ago)

to me

That should not be the case. The questions should be representative of normal users sending a text or email to a tech support person.

I reviewed this hit and it looks fine so I reversed the rejection.

Cheers,
Eric Sites

(this regarding if the questions actually had to be question, ill put in the thread)

Last edited:

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
For verifying these questions, are you marking bad if the response doesn't have correct spelling or capitalization?

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
What I want to know is how he's able to determine if you're repeating questions/statements too often if he's not grading the questions himself?
If his data is bad after looking at everything he'll probably never come back to mturk again so do your best to give him good data. This goes for everyone :)

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Participate in a study about your experience at your job (~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Jennifer Whitson [AST67UO5RF1EX] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: In this study, you will write about your experience at your job and answer questions related to the experience. Because the goal of this research is to understand employees' motivation, you must be a full-time employee to participate.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [42680-42091] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

Reactions: basketcasey

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
What I want to know is how he's able to determine if you're repeating questions/statements too often if he's not grading the questions himself?
I think it might not be a really huge deal as long as most people actually try to give varied answers. Because he's training a bot, I think he's just trying to make sure that he gets as many varied responses as possible in order to teach the bot how humans respond, so it can actually provide useful answers for people.

But like Drwho10 @Drwho10 said, if people don't bother to submit good work, he has no reason to stick around, so I really do hope most try hard.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think it might not be a really huge deal as long as most people actually try to give varied answers. Because he's training a bot, I think he's just trying to make sure that he gets as many varied responses as possible in order to teach the bot how humans respond, so it can actually provide useful answers for people.

But like Drwho10 @Drwho10 said, if people don't bother to submit good work, he has no reason to stick around, so I really do hope most try hard.
I wonder if history is going to view us as traitors for training bots that will eventually take over and destroy the human race. And all for a dollar.

Worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.