05/06 - Secondhand Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh thank goodness I caught a Gibson. I can do something else for a few minutes.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Just make sure you're not rejecting a wish because it doesn't have a question mark. "Please tell me how to reset my password" is the same as "Can you please tell me how to reset my password?" "I need to know whether this email is valid" is the same as "Would you tell me whether this email is valid?"
That's exactly what I just said.
Yet the review HIT instructions don't say this at all. He hasn't replied to my email asking for clarification, either.

Reactions: redtokyoboxers

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
That's the way I've been doing them but the review hits say statements while the writing hits say questions.
Yeah. I'm looking at it more of a spirit of the law type situation, then. Does this seem like a response that makes sense within the spirit of what he's suggesting? Then it's a good response.

Just another turker

I don't need no stinking Masters!
Contributor
Reaction score
Eric Sites still going strong I see

charlie

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm looking at it more of a spirit of the law type situation, then. Does this seem like a response that makes sense within the spirit of what he's suggesting? Then it's a good response.
the writing hit has a statement in the example.

Example Completed Task:

• Question 1: I don't have a SocialTech account
  • Answer 1: Sorry, but someone requested a password reset on your account.
  • Question 2: When will I get locked out?
  • Answer 2: You have 8 hours before you will be locked out of your SocialTech account.

• etc... All questions and anwsers must be different.

Reaction score
This is exactly what we are told to do in the writing HITs:

"Enter a response that a SocialTech user would send after receiving the text message or email above."

and

"Enter the response a SocialTech Security representative would send to the given customer question/statement above."

So for the review ones, questions that are statements are valid.

Last edited:

spchles1

Reaction score
Verb To Be - AM/IS/ARE- Important. Geesh

Mikeyyyyy

Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
You're essentially writing up a script. Don't write 5 separate questions and answers that don't follow. each hit is a self contained flowing conversation. Even if an idea is similar, for instance, 2 hits are about a user who doesn't actually have account w/ that group, write up the Q & A a bit different. First question sets the tone. Follow from there.
You can do either. Over the course of these posting I've done about 150 and all have been separate questions, all approved. Someone contacted him today and said a string was fine as long as it wasn't garbage. Whatever you're more comfortable with.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Receive $.5 for 5min academic survey about an anti-smoking CSR ad | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Hyejin Kim [A3FA773189O6S1] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 5] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: You will receive $.5 for your participation. We are conducting a brief academic survey about your thoughts regarding CSR ads.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
You're essentially writing up a script. Don't write 5 separate questions and answers that don't follow. each hit is a self contained flowing conversation. Even if an idea is similar, for instance, 2 hits are about a user who doesn't actually have account w/ that group, write up the Q & A a bit different. First question sets the tone. Follow from there.
Yeah, either are fine. Each as individual questions/answers and as an entire dialogue as one HIT are acceptable, too. :)

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Bugs the hell out of me when people write or say, these ones, or those ones. These or those would suffice.
Oh yes!, oh God YES!! Don't have any idea where people got that shit. ............... Drives me BATTY! I've finially found a "These/Those Soul Mate"!!! :celebrate: :cheers: :highfive: :ghost: :party: I actually correct people on this infraction/stupidity/dumb shit. { <------- I'm just a tad emotional about this ... maybe :) }

Reactions: vickiJ
D

Deleted member 481

Someone mentioned earlier that grammar/spelling are grounds for rejecting a question/statement right?
Yes, I emailed Sites about this and he responded that yes it would be. The answers especially. The questions, not so much.

Reactions: nopoopwarez
Status
Not open for further replies.