05/05 - Threads with TissueHime on Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
What do you mean? I know John Smith loves giving out blocks (the reason why I stop doing his hits).
The pay drops and work increase in Virals, the pay drop in Burkes the blocks from Zoltar.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
There's no "for the most part"
This is a you problem, not a requester problem.
They have no obligation to keep their instructions the same every time, while by accepting a hit you are expected to read them every time to see if anything changed
don't get me wrong. I don't put any blame on the requester. I said the british accent was a requirement in the first sentence of the instructions and that I didn't do any of them. I was saying that if people say that they read the instructions EVERY time then I think they are just fooling themselves especially with hits like zoltar website evaluation, viral, etc.

weakman

Reaction score
Well. First off...I'm not making an attempt to assign blame here. My post had nothing to do with who's fault the issue was.

It had everything to do with the claim that Google can handle 150 screwed up HITs because it's Google. This is a common thing that comes up- people frequently say "Oh, well, it's GOOGLE. They're a huge company, it doesn't matter if I screw up their data a little bit"

My point was that one person making one mistake might not really matter, but a bunch of people making the mistake plus a bunch of people purposefully screwing them over absolutely CAN impact them.
Yes, but google has to share the blame I believe. They should've known people will mess up easily because they are use to their hits being a certain way. It is my fault as well and it is a good lesson that I hope I will never forget.

weakman

Reaction score
The pay drops and work increase in Virals, the pay drop in Burkes the blocks from Zoltar.
People were scamming zoltars pretty bad from what I heard. I am pretty sure they won't get upset if you make a mistake or two, but some of them were way off.

Reactions: jan

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yes, but google has to share the blame I believe. They should've known people will mess up easily because they are use to their hits being a certain way. It is my fault as well and it is a good lesson that I hope I will never forget.
Nope, the blame is solely on the worker, and no one else. They changed the instructions, it is in red and at the top, there is nothing more expected of them.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Sergey had a run of blocks as well, didn't he?

Actually I think most of the Google requesters have started blocking people now. John Smith was the biggest and most aggressive about it, but I'm pretty sure at least a few people have been blocked by all of them.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
the sooner you learn the requester doesn't have to do a damn thing that they don't want to do the sooner you will become one with turking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kadauchi

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Sergey had a run of blocks as well, didn't he?

Actually I think most of the Google requesters have started blocking people now. John Smith was the biggest and most aggressive about it, but I'm pretty sure at least a few people have been blocked by all of them.
Sergey does hand them out, Burke has also blocked people. Out of the big ones, I haven't heard blocks from Virals or Jamelio.

Reactions: togar

weakman

Reaction score
Sergey does hand them out, Burke has also blocked people. Out of the big ones, I haven't heard blocks from Virals or Jamelio.
Thank god about Jamelio. Hopefully they received my email. I wonder how many people are faking the british accent right now. Luckily I stopped at 60. Still quite a bit tho.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Thank god about Jamelio. Hopefully they received my email. I wonder how many people are faking the british accent right now...
Doesn't mean they wont, the zoltar blocks are brand new, haven't heard of any before today.

Digital Nomad

Reaction score
The group made me angry..... I wanted to yell at them all. How are they full time workers for years and have so few hits. I can knock out 3,800 a day if I go full time.
This is why I cannot tolerate looking at any of those Facebook groups. To each their own, but wow.

Reactions: Bigbore

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest, I think its messed up for anyone to scam any requester, but the Endor british thing today was an honest mistake if people did them. We aren't perfect. I truthfully was about to ham them until I read the forums.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay.

You can keep telling me that you think this is Google's fault all you want, I'm not going to argue with you or agree with you on that one.

I'm not assigning blame, I'm pointing out that the whole "Google can handle me fucking up their data" mindset is inaccurate. The fact that people continue to act like the Google Mturk accounts are the same as Google as a whole isn't a helpful attitude. The stuff they do on Mturk is a really small portion of their overall business, and if people fuck up the data consistently, they're going to quit using Mturk.

One person making one mistake, probably not a big deal.

Hundreds of people making the same mistake, probably going to cause problems.

People saying "Well it's GOOGLE, they can afford to pay for bad data!" and purposefully scamming the requester out of money based on the assumption that the company can absorb the cost, probably going to cause problems.

weakman

Reaction score
Doesn't mean they wont, the zoltar blocks are brand new, haven't heard of any before today.
Gulp. Im feeling luck tho. If they do block me it is what it is. However, I know there will probably be hundreds of people block if I am. Probably be interesting to hear all the fake accents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.