Requester: Christopher Gustafson [A28IH7T9DWZMOW] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $3.00
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Complete a hypothetical food choice task and answer food-related questions
Requirements: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

I HAVE A REQUESTER SEARCH ON PANDA WHY DO YOU HATE ME CHRISTOPHERRRRR

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Other than terrible twos yeah
It's really hard and I don't really get how to comfortably walk the line. I guess the best way to put it, it's like having these people who think they have no rules and can do whatever they want yet want no responsibilities to earn those things all while having everything paid for.

I like to say it's like having people who want you to treat them like they're in charge while they put in the effort of 8 year olds.

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess at the end of all of this is, are adult children or kids who are becoming adults about the most difficult age range to deal with?
I think just generalizing people into one single category is a problem in itself.

I've seen the whole "millennial" stereotype in RL, as well as baby-boomers acting selfish and irresponsible.

At the end of the day it's all about how people are raised and what gets passed down from one generation to another. Just because one person that age is annoying to deal with doesn't mean everyone is.

Preferences, yo? Or something like that? That's not related but hello again everyone :coffee4:

Sybaris

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
It is okay to have scripts running on two different computers? Just for clarification, two computers logged in to one mturk account. And what is a virtual desktop?
All of my mturk scripts via AHK are running on my main machine. As for browser based scripts and extensions I don't have any probelms between browsers and machines. My phone I use mostly for when a survey requires Android or for doing various usertesting tasks that are phone based.

Virtual desktops are exactly that. You can set it up so so that you have programs/windows running on a separate screen that that you can move between. Linux based desktop managers (like having sticky windows that will move from one virtual desktop to the next) are a lot better than Windows but Windows does have them as well. As for windows, without custom software I think they started including it since Windows 7 but am not sure. If you have 10 you definitely have the option.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Perceptions about language use (v3) | Accept
Requester: JOSE [A22VVQRVWTII0H] Contact
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $0.20
Duration: 1 hour
Description: Read a statement and answer some questions. Takes about 5 minutes.
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.2
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It is okay to have scripts running on two different computers? Just for clarification, two computers logged in to one mturk account. And what is a virtual desktop?
Amazon limits the number of page requests you are allowed to make by account. You can run things on two separate computers if you'd like, but if you make too many page requests you will keep getting errors. Also the TOS says its not okay to let scripts run at a high rate of speed all day long but I'm not sure how strictly this is enforced.

Manly5000

Reaction score
Title: 2 minute survey for $0.20 | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $15.53] [Pay: 4.20] [Fast: 4.10] [Comm: 4.50] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.80] [Fast: 4.58] [Comm: 4.04] [Fair: 4.64] [Reviews: 438] [ToS: 2]
TO2:
No Reviews
Duration: 40 minutes
Description: Please complete a short 2 minute survey
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US; Josh_4_30_18 DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Literally 15 seconds to complete.

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Respond to a survey about food | Accept
Requester: Christopher Gustafson [A28IH7T9DWZMOW] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $3.00
Duration: 30 minutes
Description: Complete a hypothetical food choice task and answer food-related questions
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

I HAVE A REQUESTER SEARCH ON PANDA WHY DO YOU HATE ME CHRISTOPHERRRRR
You are more likely to pick up the hit if search the hit. It's the same panda I had yesterday and caught it. I forgot I took it the day before, which was also the same panda. lol.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I think just generalizing people into one single category is a problem in itself.

I've seen the whole "millennial" stereotype in RL, as well as baby-boomers acting selfish and irresponsible.

At the end of the day it's all about how people are raised and what gets passed down from one generation to another. Just because one person that age is annoying to deal with doesn't mean everyone is.

Preferences, yo? Or something like that? That's not related but hello again everyone :coffee4:
Teenagers are Gen Z and we don't really have enough stereotypes of them yet.
We should create some.

Gen Z people would rather put Tide Pods in their butt than earn money from a hard day's work.
The lazy bums.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I guess at the end of all of this is, are adult children or kids who are becoming adults about the most difficult age range to deal with?
My daughter is about to turn 13 and every single day it takes more and more to keep from slapping the living hell out of her. I'm pretty sure it is a climb until it become unbearable. It's probably the reason that most children eventually move out.

Sybaris

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Amazon limits the number of page requests you are allowed to make by account. You can run things on two separate computers if you'd like, but if you make too many page requests you will keep getting errors. Also the TOS says its not okay to let scripts run at a high rate of speed all day long but I'm not sure how strictly this is enforced.
I have things timed up pretty well. Hit Finder and Panda Crazy are the only things that are hitting Mturk's sites regularly and not so fas that I get PREs (most of the time) unless I'm also manually hitting a bunch of pages quickly.

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Participate in a study on consumer preferences | Accept
Requester: Anne Kranzbuehler [A226GMU1G4L1ZJ] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $15.04] [Pay: 4.80] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.60] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 8] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Duration: 1 hour
Description: Give us your opinion about a described situation
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

30 sec

Last edited:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Waiting on hold with the water company to ask someone to mail me a form to sign up for automatic payment (because the sign up form isn't available online (wtf)) and the hold music includes an ad for automatic payment.... :headwall:

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My daughter is about to turn 13 and every single day it takes more and more to keep from slapping the living hell out of her. I'm pretty sure it is a climb until it become unbearable. It's probably the reason that most children eventually move out.
That is probably true, and I'll agree with the other post in that some people are just way more difficult than others. This whole experience has taught me something though. As I'm the stepfather of these children and I've met all of their biological dads...no matter how someone is raised or little time they spend with a side of their family sometimes you can't outrun your genes.

The oldest boy I referenced is literally exactly like his dad despite spending about 10% of his life with him.

Reactions: sofaslug

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Waiting on hold with the water company to ask someone to mail me a form to sign up for automatic payment (because the sign up form isn't available online (wtf)) and the hold music includes an ad for automatic payment.... :headwall:
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
You are more likely to pick up the hit if search the hit. It's the same panda I had yesterday and caught it. I forgot I took it the day before, which was also the same panda. lol.
Yesterday people were saying it was a different panda every time. I give up on Christopher, it's been like 4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.