04/29 - Serial Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lila. B.

eh.
Contributor
Reaction score
Fire alarm went off. Had to wait in the rain for the fire department to come. Could be worse I guess.

Reactions: aveline

LlamaRhama

Party Llama
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
So, I had plans with friends that were supposed to come up to see a concert and hang out for a weekend in July...they had bought tickets, we made arrangements, it was golden. It was a camping/concert weekend at the gorge in washington. I got a text today saying they had an opportunity to head to the bahamas for a steal price. (I know this isn't really super relevant but the her boyfriend, and my other best friend, is a computer engineer and makes a shit ton of money) and so they can no longer make it up. This is one of my best friends from college and I don't really know what to say to her, and I don't really want to feel selfish, but I've always been the one to see them first. I'm not going to guilt them into coming because they obviously don't want to, but I don't know how to tactfully remain in this relationship without feeling petty. Any advice?

I'm also a few beers in...so sorry if I'm emotional and reaching...

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
So, I had plans with friends that were supposed to come up to see a concert and hang out for a weekend in July...they had bought tickets, we made arrangements, it was golden. It was a camping/concert weekend at the gorge in washington. I got a text today saying they had an opportunity to head to the bahamas for a steal price. (I know this isn't really super relevant but the her boyfriend, and my other best friend, is a computer engineer and makes a shit ton of money) and so they can no longer make it up. This is one of my best friends from college and I don't really know what to say to her, and I don't really want to feel selfish, but I've always been the one to see them first. I'm not going to guilt them into coming because they obviously don't want to, but I don't know how to tactfully remain in this relationship without feeling petty. Any advice?

I'm also a few beers in...so sorry if I'm emotional and reaching...
If they're swimming in money they can go to Bahamas any time. You're not selfish for feeling human. They put a trip already planned and slapped you in the face. You should be angry. Just go silent for awhile. Continue your life. If they care they'll reach out. If they don't. Hey. Nothing last forever. Don't jump off thep plank for people who won't give you the time of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.