04/27 - Wednesday is the day after Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure once he develops his own identity and style he'll try on clothes again and tell you how much your style doesn't match his. its natural. Hit the kohls clearance rack for some simple shirts and you can get em for like 5-10 bucks with added discount coupons. They'll be fine for the regular out on the town stuff.
Oh please God I hope so. I don't want to be picking out his clothes when he is 17. I just want to hand him a wad of cash and tell him to stay within budget.

Reactions: Drwho10

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh please God I hope so. I don't want to be picking out his clothes when he is 17. I just want to hand him a wad of cash and tell him to stay within budget.
From experience it usually happens around the time you get interested in chicks and you care more about appearance along with who you are as a person.

weakman

Reaction score
yea scripting will get you further for sure... If you aren't scripting I would assume 500 is a grind.
Well, yeah I was referring to scripting. You have to know how to script. Good skill to learn.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
We hit Target today for some short sleeved nice shirts and nice shorts (graduation will be like 90 degrees, he can so wear shorts for that!)

Usually I get his clothes from second hand stores due to the grow out of it so fast rate that 11-17 year old boys have. But tonight? all new. Wow!

I'm going to look into uniqlo. I have never heard of it.

(and as an aside I totally had to buy him all new what I call "wife beaters" under-bits. Heck those are spendy, too, when they're man sized!)
oh shit good luck with that. 11-17 gonna be some spendy years.

Uniqlo is the best tho, they are affordable and they (at least used to) have collaborations with designers if he gets all fashion sense-y
i avoid places like target it seems like their clothes aren't all the cheap for the quality they offer. If you don't mind spending time looking Ross is a great place (pick one in a nice neighborhood) and kohl's has some great sales with stacking coupons. Also check out nordstrom rack if you got one nearby
I was mainly thinking T-shirts -- the merona ones on sale are really cheap and last for a good while

Reactions: tricker and Drwho10

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
From experience it usually happens around the time you get interested in chicks and you care more about appearance along with who you are as a person.
That is years from now. He's so not interested in chicks. Sex? yes? Chicks? no.

Antamania

TO Mod
Reaction score
Dumb question, but did the Stanford hits that we signed up for that weird program for ever post this morning?

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score

Uniqlo is the best tho, they are affordable and they (at least used to) have collaborations with designers if he gets all fashion sense-y

I was mainly thinking T-shirts -- the merona ones on sale are really cheap and last for a good while
Except the 4-5 times he has to dress up per year it's all t-shirts here. Graphicly designed ones. The funny the better. Zombie, toast, cows, whatever makes a joke and the kid loves it. I go to thrift stores just to find the most humorous t-shirts I can possibly find for him.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
speak of the devil

https://www.reddit.com/r/frugalmalefashion/comments/4gp0gg/40_off_gap_no_exceptions_use_code_happy/

That subreddit is normally filled with half garbage and shitty brands promoting their still overpriced junk, but i've definitely caught a few sales that i wouldn't have had it not been on my front page.

Me and kryss @kryssyy bought some sick nikes for like $50 originally $100+ a little while back

Except the 4-5 times he has to dress up per year it's all t-shirts here. Graphicly designed ones. The funny the better. Zombie, toast, cows, whatever makes a joke and the kid loves it. I go to thrift stores just to find the most humorous t-shirts I can possibly find for him.
ah yea prints are always gonna be a little more expensive... I'm out of ideas on that one

Reactions: kryss and Drwho10

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score

i think i've tried one or two of their shirts not bad. After rolling through the kohls clearance racks and seeing stuff 80% off with stackable coupons on top of that, tshirts were like 4-6 bucks and i couldn't bother with target

Reactions: YAHU

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
you'll find loads of those at kohls or ross. there's like a whole clearance rack dedicated to random graphic t's at the kohl's i go to

Reactions: tricker and YAHU

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
i think i've tried one or two of their shirts not bad. After rolling through the kohls clearance racks and seeing stuff 80% off with stackable coupons on top of that, tshirts were like 4-6 bucks and i couldn't bother with target
Target sales racks aren't all that bad. But I'm a girl so maybe that's a girl thing?

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
you'll find loads of those at kohls or ross. there's like a whole clearance rack dedicated to random graphic t's at the kohl's i go to
I am going to drive to So Cal, take you to lunch, then take you shopping.

I'm a girl's girl. Raising this boy on my own baffles the fuck out of me. I have done good for 12 years but I know the next 6 count the most and freak...I'm lost, lol!

Reactions: Drwho10 and YAHU

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score

I'm a girl's girl. Raising this boy on my own baffles the fuck out of me. I have done good for 12 years but I know the next 6 count the most and freak...I'm lost, lol!
lemme tag along we can go to hole mole :biblethump:

Reactions: tricker and Drwho10

Melly

Pew Pew!
Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I do the same thing for my son. His favorite shirt use to be a neon yellow shirt with Carlton from Fresh Prince on it that we got at Goodwill for like 1.99 . Now, he really likes stupid ass shirts with cats on them.. like cats in tacos and total stupid shit like that. Hot Topic is where he finds some good ones.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score

As far as clothes go shopping for a guy is way simpler unless they're really into fashion and stuff but at that point they know what they want and can probably find it.
For me i just have some simple T's, a fair bit of button downs for casual use and tops for when its chilly. For outerwear i have a few leather jackets and wind breakers and a blazer. (Ross and nordstrom rack are great for big outerwear purchases since those can get pricey but you want quality) Unless you need some business attire for work like i do that should be fine. Maybe 1 suit set 'cause all guys should have at least 1 of those. Jeans, shorts, and some slacks are all you need for pants.

This doesn't count clothes i buy for my various hobbies i'd categorize them as gear not really everyday clothes.

lemme tag along we can go to hole mole :biblethump:
:burrito::celebrate::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Azazael

Reaction score
Dude! Seriously! Some stuff is private! smh...
oh stop! i didnt say anything about the nipple clamps, ball gags or the crunchy peanut butter now did i????

Status
Not open for further replies.