• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

aturkerhiding

Reaction score
Names please? :wink:

Good work!
I did the 6.00 survey posted earlier. I did the 2.50 madlabs hits. (They post these a lot, I do them whenever I see them)
Bunch of the .03 mobile motion hits. The rest is a closed qual hit I'm doing for a requester.

Edit: I for got about a couple Sergey hits, the Stanford survey for .80, and (my first) $2.00 pin.

Last edited:

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that many people do not know how terrible it is to purchase coffee.
about how it greatly contributes to deforestation, which is a direct link to increasing the co2 levels in our atmosphere without the plants to filter the air.
about how it greatly contributes to slavery and poor wages in other countries, just so that we can pay less than $1 per cup.
about how it destroys the economies of the countries wherein the coffeebean is grown, simply by virtue of being such a top export, despite the farmer barely making anything.
I buy fair trade, organic. plus shade grown when I can find it. Not all coffee is bad, but you have to be willing to pay a little more. There are good deals out there though.

jenaling

Who?
Contributor
Reaction score
So, um... okay. Gonna go work on some survivor stuff.

Reactions: Spicy Unagi

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that many people do not know how terrible it is to purchase coffee.
about how it greatly contributes to deforestation, which is a direct link to increasing the co2 levels in our atmosphere without the plants to filter the air.
about how it greatly contributes to slavery and poor wages in other countries, just so that we can pay less than $1 per cup.
about how it destroys the economies of the countries wherein the coffeebean is grown, simply by virtue of being such a top export, despite the farmer barely making anything.

and don't even get me started on the fairtrade law scam

Last edited:

Mr. Krabs

Another Day Another Nickel
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Perceptions of pattern and cause | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Robbie Sutton [A1M3A8T5CNQA8Q] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: This study aims to examine how people make sense of events. You will read events adapted from newspaper reports, and asked several questions about them. We estimate that your participation will take approximately 8 minutes.
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Any one cash out at prolific lately? I saw this banner at the top
Due to changes in the way PayPal are charging we've been forced to update the fees to 2.9%+20 for all cashouts to PayPal. Don't worry though, you'll still have a free option for cashouts over £20 with Circle.

Has anyone used Circle? Should I just take the fee and go through paypal (I have over 20 in prolific). :thinking:
i was JUST on the prolific site and didn't see this, wtf? i've never heard of circle. just transferred a bunch to my paypal last week.

Reactions: Itsmee

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else doing that CERL hit today?
They decided to do it at a time I'm unavailable so I'm missing out. Though they said I can do it some other time. Kinda disappointed about that. Seems pretty juicy.

aturkerhiding

Reaction score
Title: Perceptions of pattern and cause | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Robbie Sutton [A1M3A8T5CNQA8Q] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: This study aims to examine how people make sense of events. You will read events adapted from newspaper reports, and asked several questions about them. We estimate that your participation will take approximately 8 minutes.
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10
less than 5

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score

and don't even get me started on the fairtrade law scam
It's too early to make me feel guilty.

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
i was JUST on the prolific site and didn't see this, wtf? i've never heard of circle. just transferred a bunch to my paypal last week.
It was on the cashout page :(

I went ahead and transferred to Paypal and will see what the fees are. I really don't want to switch to something else, but don't want to pay a lot of fees for Paypal. Just wondered if anyone else had used circle and can verify it is safe.

Last edited:

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It was on the cashout page :(

I went ahead and transferred to Paypal and will see what the fees are. I really don't want to switch to something else, but don't want to pay a lot of fees for Paypal. Just wondered if anyone else had used circle and can verify it is safe.
yeah i'm also curious to hear if anyone has experience with circle

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
Man this stinks. My laptop pooped out on me a few weeks ago so I pulled the trigger last week on buying a new one, thinking I'd pay for it with mturk earnings. It's been my worst week since I've been turking. booooooooooooo

Reactions: Turkster

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I used Circle for bitcoins when they were dealing with them, and never had issues with the company. They are safe to use.

And I guess this is my first post on the website. Long time lurker :)
thanks. good to know. and welcome!

Reactions: Dill

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
I used Circle for bitcoins when they were dealing with them, and never had issues with the company. They are safe to use.

And I guess this is my first post on the website. Long time lurker :)
Thanks -- I'm going to see how this transfer goes and will decide if I want to use Circle for next month's payout on Prolific :)

Reactions: Itsmee and Dill

aturkerhiding

Reaction score
Title:Categorize a short video | PANDA
Worker:Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester:Mobile Motion GmbH [A1HMOCC7K2FWAI] (Contact)
TO 1:[Pay: 3.00][Fast: 5.00][Comm: 0.00][Fair: 5.00][Reviews: 2][ToS: 0]
TO 2:[Rate: $16.62/hr][Pen: 0.04 days][Res: -- of 0][Rec: 100% of 1][Rej: 0][ToS: 0][Brk: 0]
Description:
Watch a short video (p>
Time: 5 minutes
Reward:$0.03
Qualifications: Location is US; Adult Content Qualification is 1;

Someone put these in your panda! They've been going off all morning and they're distracting me from the other stuff I'm doing. Quick and fun, fast approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.