04/26 - Tablo Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
in south florida... we have a million pizza huts.

but i'm going to forget that and focus on the presidential campaign and hope that trump loses every state
spoiler alert, you may not want to check the news today either

# electrolyte @electrolyte politicsgif

Bigbore

Reaction score
The one time I didn't tip a delivery driver, he looked at the recipt and called me a bitch to my face then stalked off..... I was kinda stunned, I get that you should tip these people and I did feel bad, but my bf at the time was out of state and had ordered for me and didn't tell me what to tip the guy, I was gonna call into the store to have them put the tip on when he got back but instead I ended up calling in to tell them he was an ass.
had an issue with papa johns once, ordered a pizza and paid ahead of time, tipped 8 bucks(Feeling generous), I get a call 30 mins later from pizza guy saying he cant get into my apt complex (gate had been broken for months, both were wide open) I ran out to one gate, no pizza guy, ran to other, no pizza guy. Call pizza guy back no answer. call pizza place, they tell me he "walked around your apartment complex for 20 minutes and no one answered phone when he called". uhh whatever, ill come pick it up, "we'll we're not open for pickup" ... so you're going to deliver a new pizza right? "well we already attempted delivery and its late"... manager kept being really snippy and giving me attitude, it was only like 9:30 pm less than a mile from a large university they werent about to close. got ahold of someone at corperate and got a few free pizzas but the next day when they were delivering the order that I had made the day before and paid for the day before. The same delivery driver that lied saying he couldnt reach me, ASKED for a tip. like dude forreal? threw a handful of pennies at him, and told him to pick it up if he wanted a tip so damn bad before slamming the door.
Maybe I'm petty, but fuck that guy

Derek

Reaction score
Ok, I've got fingers crossed. Rejections drive me nuts. But usually I earn them....
anyone else get this?
"Erin Questionnaire (with possible bonus) $0.50 Rejected
Please accept my apologies for the confusion; the quotas were met for this study and you were somehow redirected to the 'Completion Code' page. Thank you for your interest in this study!"

Edit:Likely a better way to post that but not sure how.
Follow up:
Got this reply after your recommendations
"Hi, Derek.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience. I am new to this (as is probably very obvious!) but have figured out how to "Approve" a formerly rejected HIT.

As such, I have expanded the quota and included a direct survey link below. If you would like to complete the study, you can click on the link below. At the very end, it asks for your MTurk WorkerID; please be sure to enter this and email me the completion code so I can undo the rejection.

I am so very sorry again for all of this inconvenience.

Best regards,
Erin"

Looks like it all worked out in the end.

Tribune

Tribune of the Plebs
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
had an issue with papa johns once, ordered a pizza and paid ahead of time, tipped 8 bucks(Feeling generous), I get a call 30 mins later from pizza guy saying he cant get into my apt complex (gate had been broken for months, both were wide open) I ran out to one gate, no pizza guy, ran to other, no pizza guy. Call pizza guy back no answer. call pizza place, they tell me he "walked around your apartment complex for 20 minutes and no one answered phone when he called". uhh whatever, ill come pick it up, "we'll we're not open for pickup" ... so you're going to deliver a new pizza right? "well we already attempted delivery and its late"... manager kept being really snippy and giving me attitude, it was only like 9:30 pm less than a mile from a large university they werent about to close. got ahold of someone at corperate and got a few free pizzas but the next day when they were delivering the order that I had made the day before and paid for the day before. The same delivery driver that lied saying he couldnt reach me, ASKED for a tip. like dude forreal? threw a handful of pennies at him, and told him to pick it up if he wanted a tip so damn bad before slamming the door.
Maybe I'm petty, but fuck that guy
I don't deal with Papa John's, because reasons. :weed: :whistle:

DCI

Reaction score
I mean, from the story it seems like the driver was concerned about the dude smoking around his young daughter. I can definitely see both sides.
It's a lot more likely that the guy lied about not smoking around his kid than it is that the driver made it up. One has a very obvious motivation to lie while the other would be doing it at his own detriment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.