04/22 - Stereopony Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Why don't you multi tab?
Open up 3 or 4 tabs worth and by the time you get back to the first tab, more than the 20 seconds will have passed?
Maybe I'm thinking this through incorrectly. (let me know if I am)

I was doing that then realized I was submitting a hit faster than every 20 seconds. And can't they see that you're submitting a hit faster than 20 seconds, therefore NOT spending 20 second on each hit?

Sure, the hit timer would show it was open longer than that, but if I submit, say, 6 hits a minute I'm obviously not spending 20 seconds on each. :shrug:

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It was probably still awful. We were just too young to notice.
Oh there was a glorious time when it wasn't and would drive our parents crazy! Back when they have world premiere videos and we would talk about it all week at school, recording the Top 20 Video countdown on VHS, wishing I was 18 so I could be a contestant remote Control and the times we would stay up late on Saturday night just to watch Headbanger's Ball :wink:

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I was doing that then realized I was submitting a hit faster than every 20 seconds. And can't they see that you're submitting a hit faster than 20 seconds, therefore NOT spending 20 second on each hit?

Sure, the hit timer would show it was open longer than that, but if I submit, say, 6 hits a minute I'm obviously not spending 20 seconds on each. :shrug:
Based on an email I got from VDX (which they run), yes, they can know that.

( C to the J @C to the J)

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

you're not overthinking it, and that is exactly correct. people just do it that way to justify not following the requesters instructions

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
I know a few people here play D3. Anyone have mutual things to do tonight (absolutely nothing) and want to run a few rifts? It is either this or clean the house and I'd much prefer the former

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
you're not overthinking it, and that is exactly correct. people just do it that way to justify not following the requesters instructions
Not that I would support not following instructions or anything but I think it's silly that this "rule" is only on this batch and not all the other ones.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
That wasn't my intent when I started, and for these hits 20 seconds is a looooonnnngggg time when it's a bottle of salad dressing and the two categories they ask about are automotive parts and moisturizers.

Hopefully the ones I did like that won't cause me to lose the qual.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That wasn't my intent when I started, and for these hits 20 seconds is a looooonnnngggg time when it's a bottle of salad dressing and the two categories they ask about are automotive parts and moisturizers.

Hopefully the ones I did like that won't cause me to lose the qual.
Yea never understood HITs like that.
If it takes me 5 seconds to know the answer 100% then do you want me to just spend the next 15 seconds staring at the screen? :thinking:

Itsmee

Condor
Contributor
Reaction score
R.I.P Erin Moran (Joanie loves Chachi)

Reactions: teal4life

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yea never understood HITs like that.
If it takes me 5 seconds to know the answer 100% then do you want me to just spend the next 15 seconds staring at the screen? :thinking:
apparently they do with these. These are so much easier than the other ones that don't have this time requirement. Most of mine are now submitted at 22 seconds, lol. I'm doing them now in between other stuff as waiting that long is too annoying.

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Law Enforcement Scenario | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Shefali V. Patil [AI016X2KP39Q3] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 4.87] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 24] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Read a scenario in which you assume the role of a law enforcement officer and answer a series of questions
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.9

Status
Not open for further replies.