Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
so for the other turkers out there with green thumbs, my new basil and tomato plants are kicking ass, but in the last few days ive had thrips eating the crap out of my basil, anyone had luck with insecticidal soap with them? Trying to keep the veges and herbs all organic
I usually buy a bag of ladybugs at Home Depot.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Bigbore

Reaction score
Last edited:

Billdar

...Narp?
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bigbore

Reaction score
I would say ladybugs.
theyre potted plants, dont think the ladybugs would stick around lol, i do have some friendly mushrooms from the rain we've had for past few days, should help break down the wood in my soil mix

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
theyre potted plants, dont think the ladybugs would stick around lol, i do have some friendly mushrooms from the rain we've had for past few days, should help break down the wood in my soil mix
if they ain't indoors they will just long enough to eat those other bugs, once their food source is gone they will move along

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
That actually is considered organic, just neem oil :) and thats exactly what i bought. I'll have to take pics later, im growing on my front patio (live in an apt) got thai and sweet basil, juliet tomatos, and gypsy peppers. As well as some chamomile for my gf
I hear good things about neem oil, but haven't tried it. Also +1 for ladybugs, love those
I spray neem oil on my apple tree and it seems to be doing a good job of bringing down the number of bad bugs.

Mosquitoes hate the smell. I spray the lawn and the perimeter of our yard with it and it works for a couple weeks at a time to keep them away.

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score

Bigbore

Reaction score
if they ain't indoors they will just long enough to eat those other bugs, once their food source is gone they will move along
I'll probably get some next month, kinda spent a ton of money on organic soil mix/worm castings/ new plants and pots this month lol gotta chill on my gardening habit for a bit

Reactions: Billdar

DjBonadoobie

DOUBLEWAT
Contributor
Reaction score
That actually is considered organic, just neem oil :) and thats exactly what i bought. I'll have to take pics later, im growing on my front patio (live in an apt) got thai and sweet basil, juliet tomatos, and gypsy peppers. As well as some chamomile for my gf
Never had a thrip problem per se, but I've had a lot of luck with neem oil for pests and fungi/mold. It's a beautiful thing...

Reactions: Bigbore
Status
Not open for further replies.