04/16 Moar Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
If not enough people join a chat hit, but the requester does give a code does this mean he rewards the full amount of the hit? I thin/ I just made 7$ it 10 minutes.
Every requester handles this scenario differently, though it's usually outlined somewhere within the HIT (description, iFrame page, instructions/introduction to the study, etc.) But IME, some requesters will only pay if the task was completed, or if a specific amount of time has passed while waiting for the other participant...unfortunately, I don't think there is much of a rule of thumb. IMO, I would contact the requester while you have time remaining on the timer, and get their opinion.

marshmallows

Sentient package of Marshmallows
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Advertisement evaluation survey | Accept
Requester: Catherine Janssen [A2AC07IJGQFVIF] Contact
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: In this survey, we are interested in your perceptions and opinion about a company and its ad
Requirements: Participated in survey DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.2
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

marshmallows

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Climate Change Survey(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Nirajana Mishra [A100E7JNSZR2N2] Contact
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $0.30
Duration: 30 minutes
Description: A quick survey about your preferences in the context of Climate Change
Requirements: Exc: [2570580-83549] DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.2
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

marshmallows

Contributor
Reaction score
If not enough people join a chat hit, but the requester does give a code does this mean he rewards the full amount of the hit? I thin/ I just made 7$ it 10 minutes.
if you got a code and it tells you to submit the hit you'll get the full amount, they can't pay less than what the hit is. Some of the chat/game hits do that. But make sure it doesn't say something like "go look for X hit and submit this code"

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I think I just got a literal insane person in those NTA hits. His web page had a huge picture of slaves being hung right as the header and he had a sections on his page called 'The truth about The Matrix' and 'The End of Masculinity'. Also global warming is a hoax and there is a massive cabal of child molesters running the entire world. NAMBLA is only the beginning.
Por favor: NTA, who dat?

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
You know what is really lame? Waiting for a company to call you and tell you the house is done so you can go sign your lease.
I was never fond of the phrase "A watched pot never boils." As a kid, my parents would use this anytime something wasn't going quick enough for me. So I got a pot out one day, and put a few cups of water in it, and waited until it boiled on the stove. I watched the whole time, and sure as shit, that water boiled...but it really seemed to take a whole lot longer than it did in reality.

My takeaway from that, was that the saying is just a little butchered IMO. I think it would be better to say, 'A watched pot never seems to boil,' as while you're watching it, it just takes forever and seems as though it will never reach a boil! Point being, if you think about and concentrate on anything enough, your perception is likely to make it seem slower, etc.

Try to distract yourself, and let it be a pleasant surprise when the news comes! :wink: Just my 2 cents though.

Last edited:

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
Por favor: NTA, who dat?
Title: Upload image of Wendy Pelletier | AcceptA
Requester: NTA [A2FOWQ8GGKCQUX] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 4.05] [Fast: 3.86] [Comm: 3.31] [Fair: 3.86] [Reviews: 24] [ToS: 1]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.25
Duration: 6 hours
Description: Please find, upload, and correctly size an image of Wendy Pelletier, who is a Republican candidate in the United States 2018 Maine District 12 State Senate election.
Requirements: Masters Exists

There's a whole bunch of them up.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was never fond of the phrase "A watched pot never boils." As a kid, my parents would use this anytime something wasn't going quick enough for me. So I got a pot out one day, and put a few cups of water in it, and waited until it boiled on the stove. I watched the whole time, and sure as shit, that water boiled.

My takeaway from that, was that the saying is just a little butchered IMO. I think it would be better to say, 'A watched pot never seems to boil,' as while you're watching it, it just takes forever and seems as though it will never reach a boil! Point being, if you think about and concentrate on anything enough, your perception is likely to make it seem slower, etc.

Try to distract yourself, and let it be a pleasant surprise when the news comes! :wink: Just my 2 cents though.
I understand that, problem is though, it requires all sorts of extra planning like the lease office is 30 minutes from here in rush hour so my GF has to leave work early, we also are going on vacation in less than a month. I just really need this to speed up so things can be ready to go.

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Take a test about art knowledge | Accept
Requester: Daniel Greenberg [A1HWP0S36PTA7N] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 4.83] [Fast: 4.33] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 14] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00
Duration: 1 hour
Description: Identify the artist who painted each painting
Requirements: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
I was never fond of the phrase "A watched pot never boils." As a kid, my parents would use this anytime something wasn't going quick enough for me. So I got a pot out one day, and put a few cups of water in it, and waited until it boiled on the stove. I watched the whole time, and sure as shit, that water boiled.

I like watching water boil. I use gluten free noodles which need some olive oil to not stick, and watching the oil separate and re-form globs is really pretty. I also have a baby, so I might just be more prone to staring blankly at things during this phase of my life though.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I like watching water boil. I use gluten free noodles which need some olive oil to not stick, and watching the oil separate and re-form globs is really pretty. I also have a baby, so I might just be more prone to staring blankly at things during this phase of my life though.
Staring blankly at things can be meditative and calming. :)

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: survey | Accept
Requester: AA [A2VG366WKT4CYB] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $12.84] [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.33] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 35] [ToS: 2]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.20
Duration: 15 minutes
Description: Survey about your opinion
Requirements: garnelo DoesNotExist; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]