04/13 - Stumbling Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Pew is blocking anyone that does around $500 worth of their HITs for the year. I haven't been blocked personally, as I haven't done that many yet, but I know some that have. This is the response from Pew about it, when the idea of blocking by qual instead was brought up :

"Thanks for letting me know about that – I’ll plan on migrating our code to use a qualification instead of a block in future batches. In the meantime, I’m not sure where that conversation is happening (can’t find anything on the typical forums) but the block is currently placed at $500 for annual 2019 total compensation – if you can let people know about it then hopefully they can stop before hitting it. My apologies for the inconvenience, there’s nothing in the Amazon documentation that mentions that blocks have a negative consequence for workers! Very sorry about that! Thanks for helping us with our research and for the valuable feedback!"

So if you think you're getting close to that mark, you may want to stop to avoid a block.

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Pew is blocking anyone that does around $500 worth of their HITs for the year. I haven't been blocked personally, as I haven't done that many yet, but I know some that have. This is the response from Pew about it, when the idea of blocking by qual instead was brought up :

"Thanks for letting me know about that – I’ll plan on migrating our code to use a qualification instead of a block in future batches. In the meantime, I’m not sure where that conversation is happening (can’t find anything on the typical forums) but the block is currently placed at $500 for annual 2019 total compensation – if you can let people know about it then hopefully they can stop before hitting it. My apologies for the inconvenience, there’s nothing in the Amazon documentation that mentions that blocks have a negative consequence for workers! Very sorry about that! Thanks for helping us with our research and for the valuable feedback!"

So if you think you're getting close to that mark, you may want to stop to avoid a block.
They seem like such chill folks.

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
Title: A simple decision making task. Bonus payment ~ $2.50 - $7.50 (max $15) depend. on your decision. | Accept
Requester: Cornelius Schneider [A304HJV9NV45AY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.92] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 4:00:00
Available: 31
Description: Simple and interesting decision making task. 15-60 min (depend. on your decision). Bonus payment ~ $2.50 - $7.50 (max $15) depend. on your decision.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Participation_DC DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]
Lost on the 50/50 bonus, got a crap selection of the 8 choices. 5 of the 8 options are pretty bad, and one is very mediocre. My total bonus: $1.45.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Lost on the 50/50 bonus, got a crap selection of the 8 choices. 5 of the 8 options are pretty bad, and one is very mediocre. My total bonus: $1.45.
oh man :( that's rotten. Sorry. Hope you didn't do many of them

Reactions: thismegan

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
oh man :( that's rotten. Sorry. Hope you didn't do many of them
I only did 10 since it selected the one for taking 80% of the earnings. $3 (60 tables) for 40 minutes of counting 0s would have been a nope.

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I suck at these because I go cross-eyed so I never put over 10 lol
I only chose to do 1, i wasn't trying to do a bunch of counting lol

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Jury Duty - The Kind You Get Paid For (Cann-F)(~ 48 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Empirical Jury [A2QGI2L47S8HB0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.89] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Poor] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.19] [Fast=3.11] [Comm=2.19] [Fair=3.05] [Reviews=83] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.27] [Pen=3.19] [Res=0.00] [Rec=71] [Rej=2] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 5.83
Duration: 1:50:00
Available: 21
Description: You will read a presentation and render damages. You will also answer questions about yourself and the script.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [1508083094-140562] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
caught this, idk if I feel like it tho lol[/td][/tr]

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Jury Duty - The Kind You Get Paid For (Cann-F)(~ 48 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Empirical Jury [A2QGI2L47S8HB0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.89] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Poor] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.19] [Fast=3.11] [Comm=2.19] [Fair=3.05] [Reviews=83] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.27] [Pen=3.19] [Res=0.00] [Rec=71] [Rej=2] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 5.83
Duration: 1:50:00
Available: 21
Description: You will read a presentation and render damages. You will also answer questions about yourself and the script.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [1508083094-140562] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
caught this, idk if I feel like it tho lol[/td][/tr]
i've had 2 rejections from Jury Duty things, i'm done with them. Their comprehension checks are small details that don't really matter sometimes.

Mikeyyyyy

Contributor
Champion
Reaction score

Welp, Ive already made over $500 from Pew I'll trade a block for that kind of money in less than two days I suppose.

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score

interesting, I wonder what their reasoning is?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
interesting, I wonder what their reasoning is?
99% chance it's tax reasons.
Yes.

"You're right that the limit is for tax reasons - but mainly because Amazon is completely non-transparent as to what they actually do when workers hit the independent contractor threshold. I've heard that they have sent out 1099s in the past, but not always, and since it's completely confusing and there's no clear info on it we decided to be cautious."

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Opinions on mobile shopping (3-5 mins) | Accept
Requester: Christian Flores [A36HCVX4OZASDI] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.29] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.40] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinions on mobile shopping experience
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.