04/11 - Waffle Cone Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I still laugh to myself when I think about how I talked to my husband about me needing masters on here.
He thought it was the masters degree. lol. He was all "can't you just lie and put you have masters??"
That's funny.

My girlfriend just gets annoyed about it and says things like "why can't they tell you what you have to do to get one?" Which I tend to agree with tell us the things we need to hit to have it.

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
As someone who tries to make 250-300 a week on here...even without a kid that is going to take some serious grinding. You really need to pump your numbers and quals before you're expected to make that much though.

I started doing this because I got injured on the job, this lets me not have to do something that would leave me in serious pain and lets me do house chores also. It helps.
I've done it a few times with no quals but it takes seriously grinding and motivation. When I did it, I was taking everything off HF. 5 cents, 10, 15, whatever. I did everything I could. I did the big surveys, and I did the small ones. Anything that came my way, I took.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
As someone who tries to make 250-300 a week on here...even without a kid that is going to take some serious grinding. You really need to pump your numbers and quals before you're expected to make that much though.

I started doing this because I got injured on the job, this lets me not have to do something that would leave me in serious pain and lets me do house chores also. It helps.
Lol yeah. I was doing a good $120-$150 before, but I have lowered my daily goal to $10 and weekly to about $70. I don't need this to survive. Like I told my husband last night, this is my spending money so he doesn't have to give me any lol.

Last edited:

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: AUDIOBOOK SURVEY - MUST CONSUME AUDIOBOOKS REGULARLY | Accept
Requester: Play Endor [A2QHHNZZ7DRC4E] Contact
TO: [Pay: 1.70] [Fast: 4.50] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 1.80] [Reviews: 34] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.10
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 88
Description: -
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: themildone

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning everyone :coffeepc: My best friend just got engaged so today is a good day <3 (he's on here but idk if he wants me to tag him or not.)

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Brief Videos and Personality (~10-15 min) | Accept
Requester: MSP Lab [A2AN6JLAK63YGR] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $27.32] [Pay: 4.86] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.60] [Fast: 4.88] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 43] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.80
Available: 1
Description: As part of a research study at Wake Forest University (IRB00023007), we are conducting a survey about people’s behaviors and their personalities. This will involve recording and uploading brief (2 to 5 sec) videos and completing questionnaires.
Requirements: Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.18
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Good morning everyone :coffeepc: My best friend just got engaged so today is a good day <3 (he's on here but idk if he wants me to tag him or not.)

Yay!! Congrats to the happy couple! What did he do to pop the question?

Reactions: sinon

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey (max 10 min) about U.S. Opinions on Popular Societal Issues | Accept
Requester: Dr. Sander van der Linden [A2HCCUZM33JUPY] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 20 minutes
Description: Academic survey about opinions from the U.S. public about popular societal issues.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

JCGrey

Contributor
Reaction score
So, my son goes to kindergarten next year. I think my husband has decided to let me stay home and make money on here while taking an online MAT course to become a teacher!!

I might sub too, idk. I told him I could probably make $200 a week on here when I don't have to deal with a kid lol.
My kids are in school during the day, I pick them up at 2:30 and they are home the rest of the day. I can make $200 a week on here without good quals but I do have to put in a good amount of effort.

The other thing that really helps our family, we don't have to get someone to watch the kids when they are out of school ( before school, in the afternoons, a week in the fall, two weeks at Christmas, winter break, Spring break, 2 month summer break and all the other holidays they get off) Even when they go to school they are home a lot.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
My kids are in school during the day, I pick them up at 2:30 and they are home the rest of the day. I can make $200 a week on here without good quals but I do have to put in a good amount of effort.

The other thing that really helps our family, we don't have to get someone to watch the kids when they are out of school ( before school, in the afternoons, a week in the fall, two weeks at Christmas, winter break, Spring break, 2 month summer break and all the other holidays they get off) Even when they go to school they are home a lot.
Yes! Before and after care is outrageously expensive. I get the 7 year old neighbor a few times a week and the parents pay me a little bit for that. It works out great for me because I have some extra cash and my daughter has someone to play with and they know their daughter is right here well cared for and pay much much less than they would paying for a program.

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah, don't forget to factor in all that you're doing at home instead of paying someone else to do it. We're actually saving money by me being at home with the baby and finishing up some certifications while doing mturk, rather than stay at my hideous old job and putting her in daycare.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Academic Survey(~ 7 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Reinholtz Lab [A2LN1QYH6RU9E5] Contact
TO: [Pay: 3.25] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 9] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.70
Available: 56
Description: Fairly straightforward academic survey
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [83346-82757] DoesNotExist; Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kliq

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

yes it is so expensive! That's why we are thinking of me being a teacher so I can somewhat have the same schedule as him. And if I work late or something, he can just join me in the room. Until then mturk seems the best bet to make a bit of money lol

Reactions: JCGrey and Stacy B

Kliq

Reaction score
Title: Survey (max 10 min) about U.S. Opinions on Popular Societal Issues | Accept
Requester: Dr. Sander van der Linden [A2HCCUZM33JUPY] Contact
TO: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 20 minutes
Description: Academic survey about opinions from the U.S. public about popular societal issues.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
4m

Reactions: themildone

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I've done it a few times with no quals but it takes seriously grinding and motivation. When I did it, I was taking everything off HF. 5 cents, 10, 15, whatever. I did everything I could. I did the big surveys, and I did the small ones. Anything that came my way, I took.
i definitely do better when I'm not being picky and just do whatever i qual for.

JCGrey

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes! Before and after care is outrageously expensive. I get the 7 year old neighbor a few times a week and the parents pay me a little bit for that. It works out great for me because I have some extra cash and my daughter has someone to play with and they know their daughter is right here well cared for and pay much much less than they would paying for a program.
I think they make the before and and after care just as expensive as full time childcare since they know most mothers want to go back to work after the kids are in school.

Yeah, don't forget to factor in all that you're doing at home instead of paying someone else to do it. We're actually saving money by me being at home with the baby and finishing up some certifications while doing mturk, rather than stay at my hideous old job and putting her in daycare.
That is a great point that I know I don't give myself enough credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.