04/10 - Supertastic Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So much this. Our oldest is 16 and set to take his competency exams within the next year. He's a great kid, and super smart, and husband and I determined long ago that he (and the rest of the younglings) can continue living at home for as long as he likes as long as he continues to pitch in (which he already does in the form of chores, but he wants to do more). My mom's husband wants to start teaching him welding and the kid is super into the idea, so we're all for it. If he's got a trade under his belt before he even turns 18, what's the harm in that?

/rambling
he could weld his eyes shut, go on a murderous rampage known as 'The Welder', and become a real life horror villain that will be the basis for a movie in 30 years

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It was such a sweet moment that I stopped commenting because I knew I wouldn't be able to help myself and want to ruin it.
Just like my husband. :cautious:

Reactions: Pleco

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
So much this. Our oldest is 16 and set to take his competency exams within the next year. He's a great kid, and super smart, and husband and I determined long ago that he (and the rest of the younglings) can continue living at home for as long as he likes as long as he continues to pitch in (which he already does in the form of chores, but he wants to do more). My mom's husband wants to start teaching him welding and the kid is super into the idea, so we're all for it. If he's got a trade under his belt before he even turns 18, what's the harm in that?

/rambling
Well done and you have every right to be proud of him for having a goal in mind. By the way welding is a great field to be in. There will always be work and it's something that can be used in just about anywhere. Plumbing is another one. Those guys make pretty good money too.

Reactions: Vanyanka

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm really getting into it these days. My dad is obsessed with it and he always wants me to watch it with him when I'm at my parents' house.
i remember watching it with my dad. we had a bunch of em on VHS

Reactions: Vanyanka

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
he could weld his eyes shut, go on a murderous rampage known as 'The Welder', and become a real life horror villain that will be the basis for a movie in 30 years
That is going to give me nightmares.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
godfuckingdamnit, Bode.

Well done and you have every right to be proud of him for having a goal in mind. By the way welding is a great field to be in. There will always be work and it's something that can be used in just about anywhere. Plumbing is another one. Those guys make pretty good money too.
Exactly. And if he wants to do other things, that's GREAT. But he'll have something he can fall back on (if this whole archery thing doesn't pan out).

Status
Not open for further replies.