04/08 - SmAshing Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfortuNate

Closed Qual Whore
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate saying this, but I think mturk is dying. Amazon has to change their ways to get the momentum they once had.
There are 1000s of requesters. Everyone has been doing just fine since Zoltar left. When the people making 1k weekly on mturk start making $100 weekly, then you should panic, and possibly make make me a mcchicken. But we are all good in the hood until then.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Emailed by a requester asking for fake AngiesList reviews for a business.. cool. For every one of us that turns him down, I'm sure someone else will do it for $10.
:redpandano:

SliceofLife

Contributor
Reaction score
Emailed by a requester asking for fake AngiesList reviews for a business.. cool. For every one of us that turns him down, I'm sure someone else will do it for $10.
Yeah I got the same email.

Reactions: Sondi

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
There are 1000s of requesters. Everyone has been doing just fine since Zoltar left. When the people making 1k weekly on mturk start making $100 weekly, then you should panic, and possibly make make me a mcchicken. But we are all good in the hood until then.
I think that's kinda backwards. I'd be more worried if full time but lower earners are having problems (which maybe they are but it hasn't been nearly long enough a period of time to start worrying). People making what you're talking about are probably relying on specific closed quals, so they're subject to huge swings if one or two requesters leave.

Edit: And it might even be more accurate to say "the person you're talking about" at that level. :kryssyy:

Last edited:

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score
I think that's kinda backwards. I'd be more worried if full time but lower earners are having problems (which maybe they are but it hasn't been nearly long enough a period of time to start worrying). People making what you're talking about are probably relying on specific closed quals, so they're subject to huge swings if one or two requesters leave.

Edit: And it might even be more accurate to say "the person you're talking about" at that level. :kryssyy:
I'm very part time, but have had a harder time making my minimum goals. Most days I shoot for $25, but some days I have a hard time making it to $15. I also have 2 toddlers that are with me all day every day though.

cassius

Reaction score

It's spring break. Things won't pick up again until after Easter and whatever days are out there. There has been plenty of good paying hits and seems to be plenty of work.

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score

I will say that I used to be able to turn OW on and let my alerts tell me when work was up. I have to search now, and have been doing WAY more surveys than I ever have before. I used to be able to make my $25 a day soley on batches.

unfortuNate

Closed Qual Whore
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i got that one too.

Reactions: Sondi

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm very part time, but have had a harder time making my minimum goals. Most days I shoot for $25, but some days I have a hard time making it to $15. I also have 2 toddlers that are with me all day every day though.
I will say that I used to be able to turn OW on and let my alerts tell me when work was up. I have to search now, and have been doing WAY more surveys than I ever have before. I used to be able to make my $25 a day soley on batches.
That's sort of been my experience, not much random stuff to work on for the last few months. But it seems like people have been able to grind (crowd?) out enough to get what they need until the last week or two, where the complaints have peaked. Not much to indicate the platform is dying, just another slowdown, and that's happened plenty of times before.

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
Sorry to seem nosy but is the OW you are talking about overwatch? What exactly is that? is it like Turkmaster? I am not very tech savy or up to date on all the cool gadgets and doodads people use to turk better/more efficiently but i know alot of people say turkmaster sucks and i swear someone told me yesterday to use something called overwatch i think? I was just wondering if you could give me your opinion on it? Thanks for any advice or help you (or anyone else reading this that wants to chime in) can give me! I am a sponge ready to soak up some knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.