04/08 - Magical Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alk69

Reaction score
78% eclipse - taken through light clouds

Very nice. Unfortunately our clouds were not light, but thick(Houston area).....and so were the mosquitos. I finally had to duck back inside and look out the window. I have seen other sun events. The memory of one that always comes to mind was when I was at UT-Austin. I forgot all about the eclipse and when I stepped out of the Art building heading to the car park, it hit. The birds set up a complaint heading to the trees, a circular wind whipped around me, and the temperature dropped. Not full total darkness, but late evening for a moment. It still takes my breath away. All alone with a cold breath of vanishing light. Just for that moment.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Very nice. Unfortunately our clouds were not light, but thick(Houston area).....and so were the mosquitos. I finally had to duck back inside and look out the window. I have seen other sun events. The memory of one that always comes to mind was when I was at UT-Austin. I forgot all about the eclipse and when I stepped out of the Art building heading to the car park, it hit. The birds set up a complaint heading to the trees, a circular wind whipped around me, and the temperature dropped. Not full total darkness, but late evening for a moment. It still takes my breath away. All alone with a cold breath of vanishing light. Just for that moment.
We had no clouds in Reno but very little sun coverage. I remember one when I was a kid my mother kept us inside with the drapes drawn (that was pre-eclipse glasses times)

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Individual Differences in News Media ReactionAccept
Requester: SGMH Lab--Baruch College [A1XLY5ZE45KM4K] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.65][Pay=Fair][Approval=Unrated][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00][Fast=0.00][Comm=0.00][Fair=0.00][Reviews=2][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 02:00:00
Available: 1
Description: This research study is set to better understand how individual differences impact our reaction and attitudes towards different kinds of written news media. This survey will take about 10-15 minutes to complete. Participants may take this survey one time.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 3; Location EqualTo US

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Survey for American Adults(~ 10 minutes)Accept
Requester: Research Surveys [A222VVYJV3HVD8] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.75][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00][Fast=5.00][Comm=0.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=2][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 45
Description: This anonymous survey for U.S. adults includes questions about various social, political, and personal issues, including personal and workplace harassment. Please only take the survey if you are comfortable with these topics.
This study will take approximately 8-10 minutes to complete. You will be paid $1 for completion.
Qualifications: Exc: [14224948-443960] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; islfvr8491 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
We had no clouds in Reno but very little sun coverage. I remember one when I was a kid my mother kept us inside with the drapes drawn (that was pre-eclipse glasses times)
you are on the clock for August 12, 2045.

January 2028 I get a 20% solar eclipse.

Status
Not open for further replies.