04/05 - Shih Tzu Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't arrc kinda notorious for being dodgy ?
I honestly don't know. I just edited the screenshot as I didn't notice their email was in there originally. Should be good now

But seriously, are they dodgy? The content is actually relevant and useful, but I really don't think they are gonna pay out in the end so it's worrisome

Well fuck. Ok then guessing since people think that then I'll stop doing this work. Damn, I honestly had no idea though, the thing was set up professionally and the people seemed nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: TobyF

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Academic Survey: Environmental Conditions and Human Behaviour ( ~10-15 min)(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Maastricht University - Social Psychology Research [A11IPVVGXI78IK] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $6.87/hr] [Pen: 0.04 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
This HIT asks you to fill out a survey for a social psychology study
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Exc: [1261381-38989] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; TP Panel: -6606337 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; SurveyGroup [327] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.20.18

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I honestly don't know. I just edited the screenshot as I didn't notice their email was in there originally. Should be good now

But seriously, are they dodgy? The content is actually relevant and useful, but I really don't think they are gonna pay out in the end so it's worrisome
I don't have specifics. I haven't worked for em. But I've never heard a nice thing.

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have specifics. I haven't worked for em. But I've never heard a nice thing.
Sucks but thank you! I'll stop the work now. Kinda disappointing but I should have figured

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Sucks but thank you! I'll stop the work now. Kinda disappointing but I should have figured
Sorry man. I'd hold off maybe a little bit? See if somebody else offers an opinion.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Remember, other people's experience isn't your experience. If you are close to finishing, I would complete it and hope for the best. They have returned your email and discussed the anticipated bonus. What do you have to lose at this point?

Reactions: TylerS

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry man. I'd hold off maybe a little bit? See if somebody else offers an opinion.
Well they literally just sent this back. Nah it's shady as hell I was hoping for a reason to stay at this point.

This makes no sense lol
Hello,

We can confirm that your profile is working correctly. As we mentioned, if you haven't received reward notifications then you haven't received bonuses associated with notifications. However, you will still receive some amount for logging in every day and participating in the study that is in addition to those bonuses. We can tell you that you have already made some amount even though you haven't received any notifications yet. We are sorry we cannot give more information about this. We will send out a debriefing email after the study that will make things clearer.

Reactions: TobyF

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Remember, other people's experience isn't your experience. If you are close to finishing, I would complete it and hope for the best. They have returned your email and discussed the anticipated bonus. What do you have to lose at this point?

Another six days. Read the post above I guess. I'm not trying to be melodramatic, sorry, just spent a lot of time on this and actually liked it. But it's just too damn vague. I might just login once every day and just see how it works out. But I've never encountered anything this odd on mturk

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
They are really iffy these days.
They will just kind of "forget" to pay bonuses out on things.

As for this current experiment they have going, I know it paid shit the first time they ran it but better the second time.

Reactions: TobyF and TylerS

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: lisa monahan [A1EFTCCEWGP9W7] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.41] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 4.50] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 25] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $8.00/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
Give us your opinion about our brand
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.20.18

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
This is not survey content but I'm getting really annoyed and need some advice. There was a hit on mturk a while back about taking a 10-12 day, 30 minute task off of mturk for around a 50 dollar bonus. The original hit paid, it's the follow up that's the issue

I don't want to be too specific because of rules and what not, but has anyone heard back from them? We were supposed to be notified of bonuses coming through whenever we did a module but I've honestly heard nothing yet. I emailed them and they are responding very vaguely

I actually like the courses as it's beneficial honestly, but it's free labor at this point.

Screenshot of vague as fuck conversations on email:

This is like my fourth response and it's the only one that even acknowledges potential bonuses. It's kinda a sensitive hit so feel free to pm me if you are having issues too

And I'm too lat
I'm in that, too.
No activities I've done within it seem to have 'triggered' any type of bonus
it doesn't feel like a social media site, as they tell you
it feels like a mix between some type of open world mmo and a weekly AA meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.