04/04 - Wax On Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
PE: $3.45

Ugh. Just downloaded an episode of My Favorite Murder podcast. I'm gonna go tan and listen to that and hopefully come back to lots of good paying hits up.

I can't believe I'm saying this..but I am kind of missing Brian Z.
I haven't hit goal since brian z left us lol

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Complete a 10 minute study for $1(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $15.35] [Pay: 4.18] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: 4.50] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.80] [Fast: 4.58] [Comm: 4.05] [Fair: 4.64] [Reviews: 436] [ToS: 2]
TO2: [Hrly: $4.83] [Pen: 2.43 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 82% of 11] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Complete a 10 minute survey for $1. You will be asked to do some short paragraph writing.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.2
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
3.5 minutes small open ended writing

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Converse with a medical bot though a chat service | Accept
Requester: Bottybuilder [A3E32OGQJBVIUB] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $17.46] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 0.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $13.33] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00
Description: In this task, you'll converse with a medical bot through a chat window on a website . You'll talk about a recent condition you had and answer questions the bot has.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Converse with a medical bot though a chat service | Accept
Requester: Bottybuilder [A3E32OGQJBVIUB] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $17.46] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 0.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $13.33] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00
Description: In this task, you'll converse with a medical bot through a chat window on a website . You'll talk about a recent condition you had and answer questions the bot has.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Love that requester name :giggle:

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/3/7/14637626/implicit-association-test-racism

It only vaguely works on aggregate. Any individual taking the test, the results are about as scientific as flipping a coin.
These are valid points. My concern is that the way the test is set up (the position of the first round) creates the bias they seek, based solely on mental processing/problem solving and muscle memory. The pattern is predictable and oversimplified, and that's what I find degrading and annoying.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Learn about human memory | Accept
Requester: Learnlab [ARYNCELGUJ3WQ] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $3.00
Description: Learn about human memory and answer a few questions about it.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Shadowmoo

Contributor
Reaction score
These are valid points. My concern is that the way the test is set up (the position of the first round) creates the bias they seek, based solely on mental processing/problem solving and muscle memory. The pattern is predictable and oversimplified, and that's what I find degrading and annoying.
Exactly, you would get just as scientific a result by reading tea leaves.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I don't know.
A usual batch at this time of day would go down about 2k an hour.
This is on pace to go down by about 10k an hour and it's not even a good batch.

So we're talking 5 times the speed of normal on a not so good batch

It really activates my almonds.

Shadowmoo

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually got a response from the requestor.

The IAT is very sensitive due to implicit associations being easily affected by context. Implicit associations is, in essence, just associations, and as such they change depending on our mood, our immediate surroundings and our experiences. I might, for instance, categorize something as threatening more readily if it's dark outside (as studies have shown). Some researchers have likened it to temperament or traits: if someone measures my agreeableness (a personality trait) by seeing how I react to a specific situation, at a specific time, it is likely a very poor predictor of my general agreeableness.

As such, a single IAT for a single person is indeed a very poor predictor of a persons implicit prejudice. However, this is not true for 1) aggregated measurements over time, 2) group differences in implicit attitudes, and 3) experimental manipulations of implicit prejudice. If you have any more questions as to how the IAT is designed, or some of the methodological challenges associated with the IAT, feel free to send me an email. Have a nice day!

With regards,
Institute for Future Studies
Stockholm

Shadowmoo

Contributor
Reaction score
Now I feel the intense need to go wash myself for taking another IAT. Personally I feel like asking them why they are using a test that is so extremely unreliable.

My personal favorite is one requester saying 'think happy thoughts' as if it could avert any kind of 'implied racism'.

Last edited:

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Actually got a response from the requestor.
At least the requester seems to be aware of some of the shortcomings. We don't know what they're really studying. Could be how frustrated we get :p And I will say at least that particular one wasn't timed. Those are way worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.