04/01 - Sudden Takeover Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: A survey on how we perceive non-heterosexual individuals(~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: University of Kansas - Adrian Villicana [AQZ378OSIIXQY] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.15] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 13] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: A survey on how we form impressions of and perceive non-heterosexual individuals.
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Exc: [38849-38260] has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.20.14

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The CSS needed to make sure that nothing gets cut off when resizing since I had to change the default padding. Was a tad harder than just lowering the left/right padding.

Code:
@media (min-width: 576px) and (max-width: 991px) {
  .col-sm-3 {
    padding-right: 2px;
    padding-left: 2px;
  }
  .col-sm-3:nth-child(4n + 1) {
    padding-left: 15px;
  }
  .col-sm-3:nth-child(4n) {
    padding-right: 15px;
  }
}

@media (min-width: 992px) {
  .col-lg-2 {
    padding-right: 2px;
    padding-left: 2px;
  }
  .col-lg-2:nth-child(6n+ 1) {
    padding-left: 15px;
  }
  .col-lg-2:nth-child(6n) {
    padding-right: 15px;
  }
}

Reactions: Magnolia-Fan

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I think maybe I shouldn't have gotten excited and bought two pairs of glasses from someplace I Hadn't ever ordered glasses from before. >.>

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
One of the many reasons to be a PC gamer, PCs never sell out, and Steam never runs out copies of games.
Well, Funny Story (not really):
I have a 8 month old Black Lab.
He thought my PC was thirsty and wanted to dump a whole soda in it.
Brand NEW gaming Lap Top.
Ruined.
So....
I am dying to play ARK, but not gonna happen anytime soon

Reactions: LegitApe

KYLaura

Reaction score
I think maybe I shouldn't have gotten excited and bought two pairs of glasses from someplace I Hadn't ever ordered glasses from before. >.>
I only need magnifiers for reading and close work, so I get them at the dollar store.

Reactions: KYKITTY

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Ruined.
So....
That's just your puppy letting you know that gaming laptops are inherently bad, and you should go with a tower. Good dog.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I only need magnifiers for reading and close work, so I get them at the dollar store.
I wish I could do that. My eyes are garbage. ;-;

I don't know if it's because these are new or not but I feel like I can't look at things out of the corner of my eye anymore. I have to turn my head or it's warped. It's weird. Maybe it's just cause they are new and I"m not used to them yet. Also they feel gigantic on my face. I asked MIL if thye look okay and she said "They look like what you ordered."

Pretty sure that means no.

/ramble

Reactions: It's Gamera!

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
New keyboard came, woot. Guess I'll keep back to working for realsies...tomorrow.

KYLaura

Reaction score
Ruined.
So....
Well it's a little too late to tell you about this now, but my friend has an inlay that you put over the keyboard and liquids can't get inside - I guess there are good and bad aspects to getting one of these. I tell you this because you're the second person in a week who has said this.
What are you doing next? Do you have warranty protection? If you don't I would shut it off, briefly rinse it in clear, cool water to get all the soda's acid out of it, turn it over onto a damp towel for an hour or so, and then stuff it in rice for at least a week. All of the above advice is from my collection of old-wives-tales, dr. mom experience - I have only fixed keyboards (3 of them - I have kids) after coke spillage, and without the rice - just the water, draining it, and letting it dry for a long time before trying it out.

Reactions: ThatsNotMyName

ctraltDel

Contributor
Reaction score
That's just your puppy letting you know that gaming laptops are inherently bad, and you should go with a tower. Good dog.
I want to agree with you because screw laptops like Alienware, but I was able to play the new Deus Ex on high settings on my Surface Book, so I'm pretty okay with only having a laptop for now. :thumbup:

KYLaura

Reaction score
I asked MIL if thye look okay and she said "They look like what you ordered."

Pretty sure that means no.
Can you return them? If you're not comfortable, they're not worth the money are they?

Reactions: Jaded

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Starslip and Kliq

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
Well it's a little too late to tell you about this now, but my friend has an inlay that you put over the keyboard and liquids can't get inside - I guess there are good and bad aspects to getting one of these. I tell you this because you're the second person in a week who has said this.
What are you doing next? Do you have warranty protection? If you don't I would shut it off, briefly rinse it in clear, cool water to get all the soda's acid out of it, turn it over onto a damp towel for an hour or so, and then stuff it in rice for at least a week. All of the above advice is from my collection of old-wives-tales, dr. mom experience - I have only fixed keyboards (3 of them - I have kids) after coke spillage, and without the rice - just the water, draining it, and letting it dry for a long time before trying it out.
I have a warranty. I sent it out for service on Monday. It will be back in 2-3 weeks. Granted that they can fix it. When I discovered what happened I cleaned it up. The screen was soaked and most of the liquid went into the battery on the back.
I am hoping they will replace the screen and battery and I can be back to taming dinos on the ARK, but wont be for a few weeks. Worst case, I will have a Switch by then.

Reactions: KYLaura

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I have figured out that the go ham function is built in to hit catcher Beta, or am I wrong about that ?

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Can you return them? If you're not comfortable, they're not worth the money are they?
I can, I'm waiting a few days to see if I get used to them first, it might just be a little wonky cause they are new.

Status
Not open for further replies.