Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
We can play with those numbers... let's do 478 at $5 each... and then another 478 at $50 each to account for the loss of the lowest tier.

$2390 + $23,900 = $26,290.
But you're not getting that I don't buy brand new AAA games. :p
Well...at most 4 a year.

So what is the best time for turking? I usually log in after school/work and all I see is low-pay surveys.
If you can't log in until later in the day then it would probably be best to search around through the last 10 or 20 pages of the thread and try to panda all the better paying surveys you see.

Reactions: Blue

Leon Powalski

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Medical Decisions | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Vandy JDM Lab [A3F2YSBKIALMT8] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 3.67] [Reviews: 8] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Make medical decisions about whether an image is a cancer cell or not (approx. 45 min)
Time: 3 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.20.11

This one right here is a lesson in not to trust the TO ratings blindly. It actually took an hour, and it is tedious. Just a heads up if anyone has this in their queue and wondering whether or not they should take it on. Why did I do it? I was was holding out for a comment box I suppose.

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Let's average that out to $45 a piece to allow for cheaper game... that's $43,020.
only silly people buy full price these days. Unless you realllllllly want it. games drop faast. unless it's nintendo. then you're screwed and you get no deals.

Reactions: TehMicah and Blue

SWMcCaig

Reaction score

heeheehahaha

In and Out
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Legitimacy of a state court survey | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Claire Lee [A2X2HVRTJN7SV8] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: View or hear a short segment of state supreme court oral arguments before answering questions about the clip you experienced and how you view the court.
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Location is US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.20.11
Stay away from this one, it wants you to listen to a 14:55 long audio, before even beginning the survey, and it's booooring

Yungskell

Mturk Hustler
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Stay away from this one, it wants you to listen to a 14:55 long audio, before even beginning the survey, and it's booooring

no thanks have to listne to 14 mins and still do a survey not worth a dollar

charlie

Reaction score
There's no best time. Its all opportunity. Just do your best with the time you have available. I can only do hits in the morning before work or evening after work. I still make solid extra cash around $20 or more
Agreed. I set myself a goal of $20 in projected earnings daily and I generally either make it or come close every day. Some days, like today, I blow it out of the water. The timing doesn't really matter. I've hit goal before noon. I've started well after noon and hit goal in a few hours. Other days it has taken me quite literally from sun up to sun down to reach the goal. A lot of the bigger totals you see posted here are coming from those who have closed qualifications for some batches and others just work their butts off. Someone earlier this week, yesterday perhaps(?), got over $100 in projected earnings and the grand majority of hits completed were surveys. You really just never know.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed. I set myself a goal of $20 in projected earnings daily and I generally either make it or come close every day. Some days, like today, I blow it out of the water. The timing doesn't really matter. I've hit goal before noon. I've started well after noon and hit goal in a few hours. Other days it has taken me quite literally from sun up to sun down to reach the goal. A lot of the bigger totals you see posted here are coming from those who have closed qualifications for some batches and others just work their butts off. Someone earlier this week, yesterday perhaps(?), got over $100 in projected earnings and the grand majority of hits completed were surveys. You really just never know.
Yeah I would say most days I don't grind to get to my goal I usually try to do it with mindless work since I'm already tired from my regular job. Days like today even out the days I don't do as much so it works out in the end

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
But you're not getting that I don't buy brand new AAA games. :p
Well...at most 4 a year.
Well I gotta make some assumptions somewhere... I'm used to you talking about newer games (from my memory which is certainly not the most reliable witness) so I adjusted my high tier to assume that a majority of games are purchased at the MSRP of $60. We can obviously adjust the high tier to reflect where you think it really is, I'm just playing around with the numbers because im bored.

Let's assume the average game is purchased for around $20... and most game sales stay around that level. We will adjust our high tier to $18 to allow for some lower cost games. We are still missing the cost of consoles and peripherals... so we don't have a true cost for the hobby... but this is close enough for a late night fun with numbers session.

That gives us $2,390 + $8,604 = $10,994

charlie

Reaction score
Did Pinterest change it's format recently? Does it still let you do as much work until it run out or is it a cap on them now.
they grade you still. there was a batch earlier today that I managed to get through 6 before I got failed out of that particular batch. Overall you will run into "we're sorry but there are no more tasks available" but you may bomb out of the batch before then.

Yungskell

Mturk Hustler
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score

yep thats how i roll too i make a goal for atleast 20-30 every day since im self employed but somedays i kill it in like 20 mins and some days takes forever but by the end of the night i usually am way past it plus i get distracted very easy. But every week i get close to 300 about after bonuses

Reactions: Drwho10 and charlie

ZileWrath

Reaction score

I did that one. Fortunately I have a video speed upper and the survey didnt end up requiring that much specific information anyways. Turned out to be really easy for a 1.50

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I gotta make some assumptions somewhere... I'm used to you talking about newer games (from my memory which is certainly not the most reliable witness) so I adjusted my high tier to assume that a majority of games are purchased at the MSRP of $60. We can obviously adjust the high tier to reflect where you think it really is, I'm just playing around with the numbers because im bored.

Let's assume the average game is purchased for around $20... and most game sales stay around that level. We will adjust our high tier to $18 to allow for some lower cost games. We are still missing the cost of consoles and peripherals... so we don't have a true cost for the hobby... but this is close enough for a late night fun with numbers session.

Not 60 anymore. If you have prime you get like 20 percent of. Best buy's gcu can get new games for 46, 47 dollars. Then the prices drop happen and gcu stacks on every price drop. Most people should have prime or best buy and not pay 65 for games.

Reactions: Yungskell and Blue

Leon Powalski

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A short survey about product | PANDA
Requester: Rong Huang [A3EJV93XYEE3SA] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.29 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.90 Generosity
★★★★ 4.55 Fairness
★★★★ 4.73 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 71 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: A short survey about product
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98;Location is US

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Yea I would say this is pretty close to the right number. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Which may seem like a lot but not really when it's spread out over 8 years.

Reactions: Kerek

ZileWrath

Reaction score
Blue @Blue Your definitely speaking my language with data.
Ill have to work off what I hitfind and hitscrape during the day since my computer is so loud it would keep me up at night.
Either way ill be gathering some data with what I do

Reactions: Yungskell and Blue

Leon Powalski

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Visual Estimation & Sociality(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Erica Boothby [A2ZIPQ34U9TXZF] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 2.33 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.66 Generosity
★★★★ 4.69 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.71 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 49 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: <10 min.
Time: 25 minutes
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Exc: [1227860-38297] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is one of: US

8 minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.