03/28 - Woolite Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I got over my fear of letting my baby cry a bit before going to see her and she's napping 1000% better this week. How about you?
My nephew by marriage posted on FB saying this was lazy parenting. That they don't wanna do anything and get up to handle their kid. I unfollowed him after that. He was just being so rude and ignorant. Letting my son cry it out a little was ten times harder and draining on me. Would of been so much easier to go get him.

okay end rant. sorry.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thank you! It's really dumb, but I kept having this fear that she would somehow remember and not like me as much or feel like she could depend on me.

I know it's ridiculous, I'm not a Scientologist or anything.
Hahahaha oh don't worry ... you will have plenty of time for her not to like you as much once she's a teen :wink: Right, jan @jan (but really, she will always puffy heart you!)

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My nephew by marriage posted on FB saying this was lazy parenting. That they don't wanna do anything and get up to handle their kid. I unfollowed him after that. He was just being so rude and ignorant. Letting my son cry it out a little was ten times harder and draining on me. Would of been so much easier to go get him.

okay end rant. sorry.
does he have kids? because that definitely sounds like something a childless person would say. or a parent who's really really tired and trying to make everything seem perfect

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
does he have kids? because that definitely sounds like something a childless person would say. or a parent who's really really tired and trying to make everything seem perfect
He just had a kid. One of those new parents who thinks they know everything.
I'm glad I knew I was dumb from the get go after having my kid lol.

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score

okay end rant. sorry.
People like that have an unrealistic view of what we mean by 'cry it out'. I think they're envisioning a kid screaming bloody murder for an hour before passing out.

Stacy B

Contributor
Reaction score
He just had a kid. One of those new parents who thinks they know everything.
I'm glad I knew I was dumb from the get go after having my kid lol.
Oh nevermind. He'll get knocked down a peg or few pretty soon then. I have a friend who's DATING a man with partial custody and she's one of those all the sudden too. So annoying.

jan

Reaction score
Hahahaha oh don't worry ... you will have plenty of time for her not to like you as much once she's a teen :wink: Right, jan @jan (but really, she will always puffy heart you!)
There was a time when I never wanted her to leave me (I mean, leave? My only lovely daughter??)

I think the teen years makes that whole leaving home thing possible.............

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The thing is, running to your kid to baby them everytime they cry honestly teaches them to expect to be coddled from very early in life.

I still deal with teens who want to be coddled, anyone who does that can expect a kid who thinks they should always get what they want.

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This is me...though. I'm a huge helicopter mom. Probably because my kid is autistic and nonverbal. lol
Well in your case, your kid needs a lot of care. But in general, children are pretty damn resilient, and I wouldn't know how I would have ended up if I didn't do a lot of stupid stuff, only to learn first hand not to do it again how to do it correctly the next time.

Stacy B

Contributor
Reaction score
There was a time when I never wanted her to leave me (I mean, leave? My only lovely daughter??)

I think the teen years makes that whole leaving home thing possible.............
I have a 12 year old too. She's pretty pleasant so far, but I know she's a ticking time bomb.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The thing is, running to your kid to baby them everytime they cry honestly teaches them to expect to be coddled from very early in life.

I still deal with teens who want to be coddled, anyone who does that can expect a kid who thinks they should always get what they want.
Well in your case, your kid needs a lot of care. But in general, children are pretty damn resilient, and I wouldn't know how I would have ended up if I didn't do a lot of stupid stuff, only to learn first hand not to do it again how to do it correctly the next time.

So true! If my kid hurts himself, I just yell SAFE like they do in baseball and go about our day. He's fine.
That's only came back and got me once, though. Around Christmas he was crying and I'm like 'you're okay'. He comes back to me crying and I looked and saw blood running down his leg. He busted above his knee open. Had to get stiches.
lol.

Last edited:

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Bottom line really ... don't get caught up in the parenting Olympics :) You do what you feel comfortable with and what you feel is best for your child(ren). This is your circus and those are your lil monkeys :ROFL:

Yeah, this!

(Also, do not leave your child Home Alone like this lady)

Status
Not open for further replies.