At what point will mturk break, today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
So... I am in a dilemma right now and need some advice maybe.

There is this requester that puts out questions that are being asked from customers. It has been on going now that I have noticed around this time of night a rather influx of questions and about 90% will be the same repetitive question asking the same thing over and over.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it is one of the workers that are going to the website and just mass producing the question to increase the work load... (obviously I have no way of knowing if this is true.) While I work and make money off these questions its obviously not ethical. Soo... Should I tell the requester about it or should I just say fuck it as its not my problem and keep on doing the work as is??

Cerianna

Reaction score
Hi everyone...been lurking for a while, but just signed up when I saw everyone talking about San Jose...I'm 37 and in Pacifica.

I was only scrolling through while insomnia hit, and now I'm tired again, so I will see yall later in the morning:)

Hank-Scorpio

My butt's for sitting, not for kissing.
Reaction score
Hi everyone...been lurking for a while, but just signed up when I saw everyone talking about San Jose...I'm 37 and in Pacifica.

I was only scrolling through while insomnia hit, and now I'm tired again, so I will see yall later in the morning:)

Since it seems none of the regulars are here to do it:

jan

Reaction score

There is this requester that puts out questions that are being asked from customers. It has been on going now that I have noticed around this time of night a rather influx of questions and about 90% will be the same repetitive question asking the same thing over and over.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it is one of the workers that are going to the website and just mass producing the question to increase the work load... (obviously I have no way of knowing if this is true.) While I work and make money off these questions its obviously not ethical. Soo... Should I tell the requester about it or should I just say fuck it as its not my problem and keep on doing the work as is??
I don't think I'd say to the requester that it's an mturk worker - but I might say that you've been noticing some unusual patterns and were wondering about it. Maybe they could put answers on their page to 'common' questions? (I don't know the HIT, so I'm not quite sure about the sequence).
But that would be a 'solution' for them, too :wink:.
To answer your question, though, why not ask them about the pattern? I don't think it's a bad thing - I would.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Check pm when you get a second. Good morning all.

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That was painful, trying to edit a misquoted post using my phone. I'll not be doing that again.

jan

Reaction score

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score

Hey windows 10. Thanks for that 4am hour update that i cant physcially see anything youve done,and then making me wait 5 minutes to assure me my files "are safe"

Sergey love is like being married, you're gonna get it once a month whether you want it or not.
Somepeople are into that..

Last edited:
Reactions: Pleco and jan

jan

Reaction score

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
Since nothings going on, can someone point me in the direction of Venues quals. I wanna try that damn one about the p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ street addresses again. I keep fucking up. i was so close last time, was only 10 off. Id normally just click the link and find what qual i need but he doesnt have any up at the moment

EDIT: Nevermind. One just popped up

Last edited:
Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Well, that was a sad article on Slate this morning. I was reading about spring break, from the perspective of underpaid maids in Miami. I was kind of looking at all of those kids and wondering if dd wouldn't want to 'be one' of them when she's older...........and then thinking about it from the maids perspective. I hope she doesn't grow up to be so entitled - really, the mess they leave is so bad it's - I don't know -- almost abusive.

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
Boom i think i made it this time on the venue qual. Now i gotta figure out who has that graphic picture qual and attempt that one again

Reactions: jan

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed Qualtrics becoming more of a pain in the butt lately? I'm finding I have to wipe cookies out daily from them or else I have problems whereas I could usually let it go for weeks before I'd have to delete them.

catnapped

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
2. Please only answer this is you are a woman

Guess they don't proofread either...

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score

catnapped

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Pleco

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I put the ads in first then go from there. I managed to get in three hits, which was the max atthe time before the timer stopped. Pinterests are popping off slowly.
Yeah I missed a few pinterests because of a captcha, As always captchas appear at the most inconvenient time possible.

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I missed a few pinterests because of a captcha, As always captchas appear at the most inconvenient time possible.
Oh look, i went to the dashboard and there was one waiting for me

Status
Not open for further replies.