03/21 - Toast Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

420TurkItNerd

Reaction score
Surprisingly enough I actually got a 1099 from Amazon this year.

Never have in the past though despite going over $20,000
So now they want you to report it? Thanks for responding i'm not going to worry about it till they tell me to report it

420TurkItNerd

Reaction score
My standford bonus was 9 bucks not 12 I did all the rounds though :/

420TurkItNerd

Reaction score
Stanford HCI has been terrible. At this point I'll be happy with $9. I am sure everyone on here is tired of hearing me say "55 minutes of work and no pay."
Hmm weird they gave me the bonus like 2 minutes after the submit!

420TurkItNerd

Reaction score
ok. just hope you don't get audited.
Ooo i thought that only happens to businesses, I've ran a few ebay stores never reported it because i thought u had to make 20k and they each were barely half of that

Oh never really reported any jobs i had either and probably missed out on tax refunds, I really just never tried to learn how to do it or really made the kind of money to worry about it.

Still going to be lazy about it thanks for the advice tho, hope the iRS doesnt read this one day :)

Last edited:

GTR

Reaction score
yet Netflix, Amazon, GM don't pay one cent in taxes and get refunds
life is too fair

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Ooo i thought that only happens to businesses, I've ran a few ebay stores never reported it because i thought u had to make 20k and they each were barely half of that
afaik any amount needs to be reported. that's what people here have said and H&R Block

Reactions: aveline

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Alexandria for work related to 38RHULDV9YDAWQL2GRTDV6HD4YIWIY.
The value of your bonus is: $0.10 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thanks very much for working on our task. You did a very good job and all the annotations are excellent. We will keep publishing more batches under Alexandria and XLab Research accounts and hope you can do more HITs!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Oh never really reported any jobs i had either and probably missed out on tax refunds, I really just never tried to learn how to do it or really made the kind of money to worry about it.

Still going to be lazy about it thanks for the advice tho, hope the iRS doesnt read this one day :)
lol wow you've never filed taxes? That's almost definitely going to bite you in the ass one day. You do you though.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
afaik any amount needs to be reported. that's what people here have said and H&R Block
I'm not sure of the reasons why, but pretty much everything I've ever read about taxes has stated that anything that qualifies as self-employment income (which would be mturk money) always needs to be reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.