03/18 - Silly Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesumyn

Reaction score
Anybody familiar with rodeo competition stuff? Would they consider calf roping to be an example of steer roping?

I know that a steer is a full-grown male that has been gelded, so I would tend to say no, but I wonder if I am wrong here.
however, I'm not an expert, so don't go just by my opinion. :p

Reactions: <Gucci>

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody familiar with rodeo competition stuff? Would they consider calf roping to be an example of steer roping?

I know that a steer is a full-grown male that has been gelded, so I would tend to say no, but I wonder if I am wrong here.
I watch a lot of rodeo, plus I spent a summer in Texas so I'm basically an expert. I'd say no, because the rodeo considers them different events.

Reactions: <Gucci>

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
At the last place that I lived, I had left my car parked in the driveway for like maybe 2 weeks without moving it. The owner of the house got a letter from the HOA about them threatening to tow my car because there were cobwebs on one of the wheels.
At this other HOA we manage in, the washer and dryers are in the garages. The tenant was doing laundry and had her garage door cracked up about four inches just to provide ventilation. We got a letter of an HOA violation for "leaving the garage door open."

Another HOA sent a potential fine violation because a tenant had cable installed, and the cable was neatly run up along side the corner of the house (to the second story), tacked down, professional job, but it was NOT painted the same color as the house. We had to have it painted the same color as the house. It was white cable against a moss green colored house.

hyp3rdriv3

Reaction score
Title: 10 min experiment. Listen, type, and label sounds. Requirements - HEADPHONES and NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER | Accept
Requester: HLP Lab [A29979FPDJ98R8] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $7.58] [Pay: 2.50] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.95] [Fast: 4.45] [Comm: 3.68] [Fair: 4.58] [Reviews: 135] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $5.33] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 31
Description: Listen to audio clips and type or label the sounds you hear. Please only participate if you are a native speaker of English, and at most speak a few words of another language.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; tongue-twister-done DoesNotExist; Location EqualTo US; LL_Causal DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.16
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

They want you to transcribe drunk people. I'm bad enough with transcription as it is lol

Last edited:

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I would make a point to call the police any time there is excessive noise after whatever time the law in your area is written for. In my area that is 10-7 sunday to thursday and 11-8 friday and saturday. Hopefully should only take a few visits from the cops for him to cut it out.
Heh. That would be funny. This guy and the local police and police chief don't like each other because of the events he promotes. I have to say I think my neighbor is on the right side of that confrontation, though. I think they make it nearly impossible for him to get permits for events (that a lot of people attend and like coming to and bring a lot of business to our town) because they don't like him. He's not a total jerk, really. It's possible he's just really defensive about what he does for a living due to the hassles he gets from a certain faction in this town who don't "like" public events that involve alcohol. I've attended several of his events and they are generally very well run and quite fun.

Reactions: jan and ecko

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Anyways, hello everyone! I'm new here. After dinking around for a year I decided to finally get my 1,000 HIT's and start working full time with MTurk. I normally lurk over at #mturk on Snoonet, but I figure I should use every last resource I can get.
Welcome! :wave:

cassius

Reaction score
Title: Robot learning task (10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: merel [A1F0HV4NKOGY1R] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: teach a robot how to recognise faces
Time: 3600
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications: Location In AU,CA,GB,IS,NZ,US;Masters Exists

About ten minutes and it ought to pay more for what they ask you to do.

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
Live with a hoa. The main lady makes cop like patrols over the entire neighborhood atleast a hundred times a day. She will stop and scream at you about fines from her car. It's sad.

gloves

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Mar 17, 2018.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 1,848

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 1,827
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $1.65
- HIT reward earned: $106.37
- Total Amount earned this week: $108.02

This is the best week I have ever had on Mturk, I'm stoked I made over $100! :celebrate2:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Mar 17, 2018.

- Number of HITs submitted: 1,848

- Number of HITs approved: 1,827
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $1.65
- HIT reward earned: $106.37
- Total Amount earned this week: $108.02

This is the best week I have ever had on Mturk, I'm stoked I made over $100! :celebrate2:
Yay, congratulations!

Reactions: gloves

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Anyways, hello everyone! I'm new here. After dinking around for a year I decided to finally get my 1,000 HIT's and start working full time with MTurk. I normally lurk over at #mturk on Snoonet, but I figure I should use every last resource I can get.
Hi, welcome! :wave2:

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
Didn't work on Monday or Saturday so I am a little bummed at the missed money, trying to Turk full time. Also I got a 29 day old rejection overturned! :yesyes::yesyes:

- Number of HITs submitted: 1,528

- Number of HITs approved: 1,362
- Number of HITs rejected: -1
- Bonus reward earned: $8.30
- HIT reward earned: $477.95
- Total Amount earned this week: $486.25

:matrix:

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
This is really sad. I need to go run some errands today and I'm planning my time out of the house around when Zoltars will post. I was just thinking of leaving until I realized I won't be back when they start their afternoon drop, so now I've decided to wait until that batch is over before I leave the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.