03/16 - The Madness of Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
So I bought a new Dell XPS PC off of Ebay.. I got Windows 10 Pro. Turns out it is not activated because my Windows key is only valid for home edition. I harassed the seller but I doubt they are going to shell out 200 bucks to avoid the negative feedback I am going to submit. Does anybody know how to downgrade without me losing all the games and crap I loaded onto the PC before I realized it was not activated? I can get the ISO but I am not sure if it will wipe all my data I spent hours downloading. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Look for some activators online :wink:

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Title: Group perception | PANDA
Requester: Academic Study [A28ZKJB21ZU23N] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.52] [Fair: 4.79] [Comm: 4.33] [Fast: 4.60]
Description:
Group perception
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 120
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Previousx DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Well, it's March 16th
Time to celebrate (really, it's an official thing :)
My husband and I used to work at a dorm school in the middle of nowhere. It was awful - completely cut off from everything, incompetent administration, bratty kids... But the school mascot was a panda. They had a giant panda costume that some unlucky student would put on for basketball games. There were giant cartoon pandas everywhere. Surreal and amazing.

National panda day is making me all nostalgic...

Turkster

Reaction score
Look for some activators online :wink:
Yeah. But the problem will likely happen again unless I do not ever update Windows. Such bad luck My new Surveillance system is missing the power cord and my new monitor is missing the power cord also. I got all the packages yesterday and have been screwed over on them all so far. Not happy at all.

Reactions: It's Gamera!

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Title: Behavioral task and personality questionnaires (Approx. 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Raghabendra KC [A1BR6MHUJQ7N41] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.50] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Perform identical task under time limit and answer some questions about your personality. The study should last fifteen minutes or less.
Time: 40 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Location NotEqualTo US-AZ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 75; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: It's Gamera!

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Study about social attitudes | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: MCL [A2YWHWQFLGT2WO] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 2.17] [Fair: 4.00] [Comm: 1.50] [Fast: 2.93] [Reviews: 37] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Complete a short survey about social attitudes
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.14.9

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
So I bought a new Dell XPS PC off of Ebay.. I got Windows 10 Pro. Turns out it is not activated because my Windows key is only valid for home edition. I harassed the seller but I doubt they are going to shell out 200 bucks to avoid the negative feedback I am going to submit. Does anybody know how to downgrade without me losing all the games and crap I loaded onto the PC before I realized it was not activated? I can get the ISO but I am not sure if it will wipe all my data I spent hours downloading. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
I was in this boat (similar) a while back. Bought a refurb Win 7 PC from newegg. Came preinstalled with 7 home, and a refurb tag / key for ultimate. The only solutions offered were to return the PC for the fix, or shell out money for the proper copy of windows to match the key. I was fine with running home, if they would have given me a key for it...but they would not.

After some digging, I found a way to access the no longer available links on the Microsoft, to download the ISO that matched my key, and was able to install it that way. Microsoft stopped allowing access to pre-Windows 10 versions ISO downloads, even for those who have valid credentials. So after finding a workaround, I did a backup of everything, reinstalled the correct ISO and had no issues keeping all of my data. If you have questions, feel free to PM me.

Edit* WooHoo, I got my free bonus like from It's Gamera! @It's Gamera!

Last edited:

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
.....:ducks: I have real work tomorrow so I need to make $100 between today and Saturday ( with 3 soccer games)......let the fighting begin

Business Cat

Catipalist
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah. But the problem will likely happen again unless I do not ever update Windows. Such bad luck My new Surveillance system is missing the power cord and my new monitor is missing the power cord also. I got all the packages yesterday and have been screwed over on them all so far. Not happy at all.
nah, the last time I used one updates worked fine, just get a good activator

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
If it happens you can activate it again using the same thing (yearly let's say).

Turkster

Reaction score
I was in this boat (similar) a while back. Bought a refurb Win 7 PC from newegg. Came preinstalled with 7 home, and a refurb tag / key for ultimate. The only solutions offered were to return the PC for the fix, or shell out money for the proper copy of windows to match the key. I was fine with running home, if they would have given me a key for it...but they would not.

After some digging, I found a way to access the no longer available links on the Microsoft, to download the ISO that matched my key, and was able to install it that way. Microsoft stopped allowing access to pre-Windows 10 versions ISO downloads, even for those who have valid credentials. So after finding a workaround, I did a backup of everything, reinstalled the correct ISO and had no issues keeping all of my data. If you have questions, feel free to PM me.
Thanks!

"nah, the last time I used one updates worked fine, just get a good activator"

I will look into this further. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.