03/13 - The Secret of NIMH Tuesday

Have you seen The Secret of NIMH?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowmoo

Contributor
Reaction score
The Roots, Tribe Called Quest, plenty of others I can't think of until I wake up more.
I prefer social commentary hip-hop the most. Usually it has interesting things to say.

JCGrey

Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning fellow humans. When I was a kid, my uncle gave me an Outkast tape and I wore that mothafucker out. I re-bought it again on CD years later and eventually on iTunes as well.

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik is the best Outkast album, and the title track is one of their top 5 songs. Nobody can convince me otherwise. I miss 90's hip hop, so I must be getting old.

Atliens!
My 10 year old son's favorite song...

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
crap, i love this thread.

also, not having internet is very stressful. at work today but should be mostly doing work. Internet issues should be resolved between 8-10am tomorrow. Hopefully.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Good morning, besties in my computer :) I'm so glad you're here :love:

When life gets crazy ... this place is a calming spot for me.

Glad I'm not the only one. Moving and having no internet has made me miss this crazy place.

Reactions: SweetiePuff

anglzgirl

Contributor
Reaction score
Halfway to my goal already, yesterday was crap.

Of course I have to leave for work when I'm having a great morning :banghead:

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

mitchinator

Reaction score
Title: Consumer Study on Fast-Food Restaurant (~10 minutes)(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: hoa nguyen [A74OCNJLKKLNO] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $11.29] [Pay: 3.67] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.50] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 25] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 50
Description: Read information about a fast-food restaurant and answer questions related to it.
Requirements: SurveyGroup [604] DoesNotExist; Exc: [-1121902545-77430] DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.17
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: anglzgirl

RancidYetti

[redacted]
Reaction score
Got any tips for uplifitng hip-hop that doesn't rely on the same tired guns, drugs, misogyny?
I don't really know how to answer that. It's hard to separate guns and/or drugs from a lot of my favorite hip hop artists because they had a pretty big impact on their lives. Tupac has a lot of really uplifting music, listen to "Changes", but he still references problems in the community. "Git Up, Git Out" on Southernplayalistic is uplifting too, it puts an emphasis on ambition over addiction.

It's out there, but I don't really have a ready list of rappers who don't reference those things.

Reactions: ecko

JCGrey

Contributor
Reaction score
This is one of my absolute favorite uplifting ones.
(last one, I promise)

Shadowmoo

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really know how to answer that. It's hard to separate guns and/or drugs from a lot of my favorite hip hop artists because they had a pretty big impact on their lives. Tupac has a lot of really uplifting music, listen to "Changes", but he still references problems in the community. "Git Up, Git Out" on Southernplayalistic is uplifting too, it puts an emphasis on ambition over addiction.

It's out there, but I don't really have a ready list of rappers who don't reference those things.
I don't mind it but when the entire song is about 'I have tons of money' or 'guns guns fuck tha police hoes' with no commentary about life it is really trite. I remember one of my friends playing a lot of DMX and Tupac.

Last edited:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Voting Game 2006 | Accept
Requester: AMT Surveys [A2AKA780E0K7FS] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $18.77] [Pay: 4.57] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.21] [Fast: 4.91] [Comm: 4.80] [Fair: 4.97] [Reviews: 91] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$3.00
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: You will receive up to $5 including bonus for less than 20min, payable immediately! You will play with other Turkers to coordinate in a Voting Game
Requirements: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.15
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Timuks

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from AMT Surveys for work related to 3M47JKRKCXJLAXOP3STG6V74ZHT686.
The value of your bonus is: $0.40 USD

/me throws his team off a ledge

RancidYetti

[redacted]
Reaction score
I don't mind it but when the entire song is about 'I have tons of money' or 'guns guns fuck tha police hoes' with no commentary about life it is really trite. I remember one of my friends playing a lot of DMX and Tupac.
Tupac had a lot of powerful music though. I still can't listen to "Dear Mama" without damn near crying. I guess it really depends on your own personal experiences in life.

Reactions: JCGrey and ecko
Status
Not open for further replies.