Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Does melatonin really work? Everyone talks about it. Does it make you sleep all night?
How every person metabolizes and is affected by medication, whether prescribed or OTC, is different. Our bodies naturally produce melationin, but sometimes it may not be enough. Taking 1-10mg (they come in 1mg, 3mg, 5gm and 10mg doses) to help the sleep process can be beneficial for some. It won't "keep you asleep" though.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Does melatonin really work? Everyone talks about it. Does it make you sleep all night?
It can help people adjust to a schedule, especially if they're out of whack. Blue light from our computers inhibits our brain from producing melatonin and causes issues with sleep :)

Your body makes melatonin on its own, so you're basically just forcing your brain to get tired earlier than usual. Any pill with melatonin that I've taken has worked perfectly, but it's also left me feeling like shit the following day.
or you're helping the brain readjust from abnormal light input :)

savvy

Reaction score
lack of sleep and abusing our bodies with energy drinks and computers was my senior thesis in school...many years ago lol

edit:

CrazyCatLady @CrazyCatLady

I supplement with magnesium. Research it - helps me relax and go to sleep. helps with headaches, anxiety and depression as well.

Last edited:

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies!

Some nights I have trouble falling asleep, so I've thought about it. I also don't want to stay asleep all night because I like checking on my son every couple hours..lol. Anxiety sucks.

Reactions: savvy

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It can help people adjust to a schedule, especially if they're out of whack. Blue light from our computers inhibits our brain from producing melatonin and causes issues with sleep :)
That's an EXCELLENT point :) We use f.lux here on our comps to adjust the light output as the evening progresses :)

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

Regarding the blue light issue, I found F.lux to be of GREAT help with that!

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Literally every time I take Aleve PM, 5s drop.
That used to happen to me when I would stay up for barcodes every night. Then they would post and it would become a race to try to get through them before the pills knocked me out.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Zoltars? More like Slowtars am I right folks?

Try the veal and don't forget to tip the waitress. Don't switch those around though.

savvy

Reaction score

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I guess zoltars don't have a set time they drop anymore, huh.

Reactions: Pleco

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I would just use preexisting banners as templates. And I already have one test banner that I can base others off of. But when I make banners, especially ones that use image overlays like mine or SweetiePuff @SweetiePuff's, there's a lot of adjustment involved and it's just quicker making those adjustments through an addon than doing it by editing code. And once I get it right, I have to repeat the process for each of the other 5 themes.
Hmmmn, I see. I wish I knew more info to help but I don't :( think someone with more expertise has gotta weigh in. Plus melatonin kicking in so...I'm probably gonna pass out soon xD goodnight Aveline & thank you for chatting with me :)

(And goodnight everyone else too! Make lots of $$$ tonight)

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hmmmn, I see. I wish I knew more info to help but I don't :( think someone with more expertise has gotta weigh in. Plus melatonin kicking in so...I'm probably gonna pass out soon xD goodnight Aveline & thank you for chatting with me :)

(And goodnight everyone else too! Make lots of $$$ tonight)
Oh course! Nighty night.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Complete a visual literacy test | Accept
Requester: William Dallinger [AUYKYIHQXG6XR] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $14.71] [Pay: 4.28] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.62] [Fast: 4.77] [Comm: 4.50] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 56] [ToS: 1]
TO2: [Hrly: $5.71] [Pen: 0.04 days] [Res: 0% of 1] [Rec: 17% of 6] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 3]
Reward:
$2.00
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 1
Description: Answer questions about plots and figures
Requirements: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.16
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: savvy

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess zoltars don't have a set time they drop anymore, huh.
Right after you started working a super intense 30 minute survey if the batch this afternoon was any indication! :banghead:

I was panicking because it's the first time I've filled my PC queue like that under pressure, but I finished the survey and then all the Zs just fine. :cigar:

Reactions: SherryNotShirley
Status
Not open for further replies.