03/02 - Maine Coon Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone else happen to catch a rejection from Maximilian Teitscheid over the weekend?

• Sad
Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Thank you; I'm trying not to go off the deep end!
How to make hand sanitizer at home

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/coronavirus-prevention-how-to-make-hand-sanitizer-at-
"Here’s what you need:
2/3 cup Isopropyl alcohol 91% (rubbing alcohol)
1/3 cup aloe vera gel
Essential oil in your choice of fragrance (optional)
A small or medium mixing bowl
A spoon
An empty container, such as a 3-ounce container from a travel toiletries kit
A small piece of masking tape for labeling
Here’s how to make it:
In a mixing bowl, stir Isopropyl alcohol and aloe vera gel together until well blended.

Add 8-10 drops of scented essential oil (optional, but nice!). Stir to incorporate.

Pour the homemade hand sanitizer into an empty container and seal. Write “hand sanitizer” on a piece of masking tape and affix to the bottle.

Note: This recipe creates hand sanitizer that contains 65% alcohol, above the 60% alcohol content that the CDC recommends."

PandaThief

Reaction score
10 min

Title: Read 200 short English commands out loud | PANDA
Requester: Login Fluent [AM17MP4TZD7FP] (Req TV): $10.91/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Read short & simple phrases out loud carefully and record them with our web interface
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.80
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; completed full utterances phase2 DoesNotExist ; Location In CAUS; Completed Task DoesNotExist ;

jijab

Reaction score
How to make hand sanitizer at home

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/coronavirus-prevention-how-to-make-hand-sanitizer-at-
"Here’s what you need:
2/3 cup Isopropyl alcohol 91% (rubbing alcohol)
1/3 cup aloe vera gel
Essential oil in your choice of fragrance (optional)
A small or medium mixing bowl
A spoon
An empty container, such as a 3-ounce container from a travel toiletries kit
A small piece of masking tape for labeling
Here’s how to make it:
In a mixing bowl, stir Isopropyl alcohol and aloe vera gel together until well blended.

Add 8-10 drops of scented essential oil (optional, but nice!). Stir to incorporate.

Pour the homemade hand sanitizer into an empty container and seal. Write “hand sanitizer” on a piece of masking tape and affix to the bottle.

Note: This recipe creates hand sanitizer that contains 65% alcohol, above the 60% alcohol content that the CDC recommends."
My daughter was supposed to be going on a school trip to Greece in April. At this point they're going ahead with the trip, but I decided not to take the chance of letting her go, but because I'm cancelling so close to the leave date they're only giving me half my money back which kind of irritates me because it was super expensive and I think this virus is a legitimate reason for cancelling a trip to Europe. I figure my money is replaceable, but my daughter is not, so whatever the financial loss might be I'd rather she stays put.

• Sad
Reactions: HelloHello and jan

jan

Reaction score
My daughter was supposed to be going on a school trip to Greece in April. At this point they're going ahead with the trip, but I decided not to take the chance of letting her go, but because I'm cancelling so close to the leave date they're only giving me half my money back which kind of irritates me because it was super expensive and I think this virus is a legitimate reason for cancelling a trip to Europe. I figure my money is replaceable, but my daughter is not, so whatever the financial loss might be I'd rather she stays put.
Mine is supposed to go to Mexico next month - I have no idea what is about to happen. I read that the US is considering closing the border.

edit: not because the risk is great at this point, but considering it anyway :wink:

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Every new worker should avoid new requesters i agree but i've made tons of money off of new requesters. I say go for it if you have the numbers to back you up
... or if it looks like a new requester but has a college consent page that probably makes it safer money than expected.

Reactions: Mikey Chlanda

PandaThief

Reaction score
Anyone know what these blue colors questions are in the surveys ? Is it some sort of new attention checks ?

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Mine is supposed to go to Mexico next month - I have no idea what is about to happen. I read that the US is considering closing the border.

edit: not because the risk is great at this point, but considering it anyway :wink:
rewrite the parent consent, iteniary and plane tickets with a "New" in front of "Mexico".

April is nice, there have been no confirmed coronavirus cases yet, and no passport is needed. :)

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

JanetW

working and turking
Contributor
Survey Slayer
Reaction score
Age requirement
HIT Time: 2 minutes
Title: (Survey For Ages 56-74) Workplace Interactions With Younger Co-Workers | Accept
Requester: Tate Handy [A2PUIUHNZ3HYU7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.97] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.32] [Fast=4.36] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=53] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=2.12] [Pen=3.00] [Res=null] [Rec=29] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.26
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: This survey is only intended for full-time workers between the age of 56 to 74.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Doom Kitten

Reaction score
random question, would it be a problem if i travel and work on mturk ? (travel in the US) would mturk change my location from my home state to another state if i travel?
I used to travel a lot between WI and MA and worked in both places without any problems. That being said, these days I don't work away from home because I know working from different IP addresses may cause problems. It may be okay to travel and work, I'm not sure of the rules here, but now I only work from home because I don't want to risk getting banned.

Reactions: SergiuH and savvy

dw33b

Wallaby
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Survey(~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: BCFG-collaborators [A3AEAP0P5NTAEC] (Contact)
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 66
Description: Survey about judgments and decisions (~6 minute)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Exc: [199638732-200480] DoesNotExist; Location In US

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
HIT Time: 58 sec

Title: How would you feel in this situation?(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Benedikt Schnurr [A1IS9R06USPB5N]
TurkerView: [ $14.18 / hour ]
Description: Read a scenario and tell us how you would feel in a given situation
Duration: 10 Min
Available: 11
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [-1665343874-201032] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[3LV0310AAZ697YXUJVKJGGDK6D9KDK]

Last edited:

PandaThief

Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Regan Mandryk for work related to 3CVBMEMMXBRA8BHOGW5KRQR6P9EH7B.
The value of your bonus is: $5.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
We believe in compensating workers for their time invested, and our time estimate in this preliminary test may have been a little low. Thanks for helping us test this HIT to ensure that our request is accurate before we move forward to a larger number of available HITs.

jan

Reaction score
rewrite the parent consent, iteniary and plane tickets with a "New" in front of "Mexico".

April is nice, there have been no confirmed coronavirus cases yet, and no passport is needed. :)
she and I are supposed to go to Arizona for a few days - but even that I'm worried about. I mean, the virus is hardly widespread - but buying the tickets is an investment (what if all heck breaks loose?)

I'm not an alarmist, and I'm not particularly worried - but I'd hate to lose all that $ :(

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
she and I are supposed to go to Arizona for a few days - but even that I'm worried about. I mean, the virus is hardly widespread - but buying the tickets is an investment (what if all heck breaks loose?)

I'm not an alarmist, and I'm not particularly worried - but I'd hate to lose all that $ :(
travel insurance. just make sure outbreaks are covered in the policy.

if you don't feel safe in traveling, some airlines and hotels may even let you cancel your ticket or reservation and give you account credit for future travel.

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello

jan

Reaction score
Title: Demographic survey(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.24] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.65] [Fast=4.53] [Comm=3.96] [Fair=4.58] [Reviews=494] [ToS=2]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 39
Description: You will complete a customized demographic survey with a surveyor
Qualifications: SurveyGroup [3258] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [199560422-201034] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

PandaThief

Reaction score
Limesurveys are the absolute worst

• Sad
Reactions: jan
Status
Not open for further replies.