How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We had a few mice but after putting traps and poison out they are gone :) We had a drop down ceiling and that was the main place we put the poison to keep it away from the kids and dogs....luckily we are also remodeling the ceiling :)
Yea I can't really do the poison thing because of the cats....Also I tried the live traps to be humane and all yet the mice won't ever go in those but you put out a kill trap and it gets one in hours.

Reactions: Minx2121

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
But to add to my point, how the hell are there mice in my house..I have 3 cats.
I have 4 cats and I have caught more mice than they have. I scoop them up in tupperware and release them behind my neighbor's house down the street.

Only one of my cats is a murderer and she's kind of fat to move very fast.

Reactions: barny

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have 4 cats and I have caught more mice than they have. I scoop them up in tupperware and release them behind my neighbor's house down the street.

The times my cats catch them, they just want to play with them....it's like that is not helpful.

Reactions: sofaslug

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I guess the part that is weird is the live traps don't seem to ever work yet the kill traps constantly catch them...wonder why.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I usually just stare at them wondering if I should wear them, but always end up wearing the easy slip on boots.
and lol at the sneakers for being fancy. That's so true! I also bought a new pair just for working out in and another pair just for walking around neighborhood in.

Edit:I'm always a bargain shopper for shoes. I usually hit the seasonal clearance at Factory Connection and buy my shoes from there. My favorite are a pair of tan heels with a thick heel. Love them.
That's hilarious. You do you, I'm not really poking fun. I'm not keen on shoes b/c I have a very high instep and only WANT to wear ones that I can't wear b/c they hurt my feet/back. Everyone collects something. I collect typewriters, far less useful.

Minx2121

Reaction score

barny

(╯>.<)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I'll never forget the day my cat came up from the basement with a dead bird in his mouth (bird likely flew down the chimney). I've been giving him the side-eye ever since, and that was 8 years ago.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about products and their packaging | Accept
Requester: Lukas Maier [ANXJL26II00CQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.51] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.60] [Pen=0.04] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 50:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about the presented product and its packaging (duration approx. 3 minutes, external link)
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Time: 01:25 Hourly: $16.84[/td][/tr]

BamagedDrain

Reaction score
Yea I can't really do the poison thing because of the cats....Also I tried the live traps to be humane and all yet the mice won't ever go in those but you put out a kill trap and it gets one in hours.
I have had a mouse issue twice in the last 3 years and also have a cat. Fortunately for me it was confined to my pantry which is always closed. They found their way into my cupboards but had no way to get out of the cupboards. I put a poison bait trap in there and it got the mice both times.

Now for your situation, they do sell some poison bait traps that are covered so the cat can't get at the poison (the kind I used was covered). But you would have to be very vigilant to watch that the cat didn't find the mouse after it ate the poison and then eat the poisoned mouse.

They also sell some traps that are like a poison bait trap where the mouse enters, eats the poison and can't leave the trap. Well, theoretically it can't leave after entering, I'm not sure how well that works in practice. I would still be very careful that the mouse didn't find a way out and get eaten by the cat.

Finally, if you google "Bucket mouse trap", you can find instructions on how to make a live mouse catcher (add a half foot or more of water to the bottom of the bucket to make it a kill trap). Which should be fine with your cat but requires just a little work on your end. Good luck with your mouse hunting!

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
$1.50 off A Star is Born, Bohemian Rhapsody, Black Panther or The Wife today at any Red Box location (today only)

code: 24GQUGMS
(i don’t think this is a private code, but if so have at it)

Tell me somethin’, girl
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there something else you’re searching for?

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I guess the part that is weird is the live traps don't seem to ever work yet the kill traps constantly catch them...wonder why.
A rather passive approach is to buy a box of fabric softener sheets and leave the sheets randomly around the house, focusing on areas where you have noticed mouse activity. I do this at my cottage and, despite being vacant for half the year the smell does keep the mice away.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A rather passive approach is to buy a box of fabric softener sheets and leave the sheets randomly around the house, focusing on areas where you have noticed mouse activity. I do this at my cottage and, despite being vacant for half the year the smell does keep the mice away.
I tried that lol, they just shit all over the dryer sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.