02/23 - Frankly Friday

Who is your favorite Always Sunny Character?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
4 minutes

Title: Record number several times | Accept
Requester: YuzhiX [AOKPXA2UMPTET] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $0.80
Duration: 10 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Record number several times
Requirements: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Turkoneup

Reaction score
Title: Write a brief comment about a product or service | Accept
Requester: MAD Labs [AH3L9684FUCS6] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $23.81] [Pay: 4.75] [Fast: 3.40] [Comm: 4.25] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.10] [Fast: 4.33] [Comm: 3.23] [Fair: 4.27] [Reviews: 50] [ToS: 3]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.50
Duration: 5 hours
Description: You will write five brief comments about your perception of how well 5 products or services solve a given problem. Your comments will be used in a non-commercial website prototype.
Requirements: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

SergiuH

Reaction score
Title: Personality and Interpersonal Relationships | Accept
Requester: Neil Meyer [AYXPNB67XA5GY] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 1.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00
Duration: 4 hours
Description: The purpose of this study is to learn how personality traits and interpersonal preferences may contribute to relationship difficulties. In total, about 200 people will take part in this study on MTurk.
Requirements: Masters Exists
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

This one has no end or so it seems. I was working on it forever before I realized I needed to return it. It's not worth two bucks. It's at least a seven dollar survey.
i was stupid and gave it a try.
Time Elapsed 40:12 of 240 Min
i got the hit from hit notifier
was wondering why did someone post this garbage hit.
this requester needs to be taken down, i was 20 minutes in and the red bar jumped close to the end, so i said 2 more minutes and i`m done. pure garbage.

Reactions: cassius and Kliq

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
this requester needs to be taken down, i was 20 minutes in and the red bar jumped close to the end, so i said 2 more minutes and i`m done. pure garbage.
you might be upset right now, but the best thing to do is leave a rating on TO that you feel is appropriate, be professional, and walk away.
putting down a requester might feel 'right' at the moment, and you might feel a need to vent, but if you're professional and calm about it, you can help others.

and, asking who would post a garbage hit is kind of an insult to the person who put it up

Reactions: theturkscribe

cassius

Reaction score
It's deceptive. I don't know what the point was. They must be getting lots of returns. Once you do all of that you get to the point where you realize they are going to find something wrong and reject anyway.

SergiuH

Reaction score
you might be upset right now, but the best thing to do is leave a rating on TO that you feel is appropriate, be professional, and walk away.
putting down a requester might feel 'right' at the moment, and you might feel a need to vent, but if you're professional and calm about it, you can help others.

and, asking who would post a garbage hit is kind of an insult to the person who put it up
sorry if i offended the person who posted the hit. i was not attacking the person, i have nothing against the person.
i was not professional sending email telling the requester that he/she should be ashamed, maybe i`ll get a rejection, but at this point i don`t care. next time i will just return and leave a TO, but it`s hard after 20 minutes and the red bar close to the end to return a 2$ hit.

Reactions: jan

SergiuH

Reaction score
It's deceptive. I don't know what the point was. They must be getting lots of returns. Once you do all of that you get to the point where you realize they are going to find something wrong and reject anyway.
sorry if i offended you, that was not my intention. it was my mistake for not returning the hit or reading what you said, i took the hit from hit notifier and i can`t read comments there. sorry again hope everything is cool

cassius

Reaction score
sorry if i offended you, that was not my intention. it was my mistake for not returning the hit or reading what you said, i took the hit from hit notifier and i can`t read comments there. sorry again hope everything is cool
Huh? I posted it with a strong warning at the bottom. It takes a lot more than that to offend me. It's not a mistake to continue doing a hit that you think is unfair. If it pays out then your time was somewhat worth it. I had gone so far that I wanted to finish it until that bar wouldn't move and I realized I was being used. That does offend me so I returned it.

Reactions: jan

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
I must have REALLY sucked on those 3 physics tests I took , they are still pending.... They must be debating whether or not, I'm lazy or just an idiot. LMAO!

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
sorry if i offended the person who posted the hit. i was not attacking the person, i have nothing against the person.
i was not professional sending email telling the requester that he/she should be ashamed, maybe i`ll get a rejection, but at this point i don`t care. next time i will just return and leave a TO, but it`s hard after 20 minutes and the red bar close to the end to return a 2$ hit.
you can't rely on the incentive of the hit; you need to think about whether something is worth your time.
you can potentially catch a $50 hit, but if it takes 12 hours and some of your other resources (creating an excel file for someone, for example) and you think the hourly isn't worth it, you should return it.

getting mad about your time being wasted is natural. but mouthing off at them does you no good; amazon is going to side with a paying requester, rather than a person who wrote an angry email that can be replaced by any other worker on the site.

and that's where TO comes in

it is somewhat unreliable, the scale is not standardized... but people are far more likely to avoid an ALL RED requester than an orange requester.

and writing the TO review to be short, exact, and to the point, without emotion, makes people more likely to heed your advice and avoid the requester.

This makes it difficult for the requester to get the work completed.

Last edited:

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
the show isn't bad, to be honest

trust me; I saw three episodes once
The commercials looked funny, I just never got around to watching it. I bet one day I'll burn a long weekend, and then I could answer this poll... but for now... nope they are all unknown fuckers to me.

Today's word of the day: fuckers.

Reactions: Peachy

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
The commercials looked funny, I just never got around to watching it. I bet one day I'll burn a long weekend, and then I could answer this poll... but for now... nope they are all unknown fuckers to me.

well, like the one day, the one fella, mac, is dating a girl who is actively protesting abortion
so he's at the rally, throwing eggs at people who want abortions, right?
and suddenly she smiles at him and says "I'm pregnant" and he's like "you need to get an abortion"
and she gets angry and says it was just a test, but obviously he's lying about his enthusiasm for pro-life

Reactions: Sondi

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score

oh, and another episode, .. the bar is doing bad for business lately, but one of the guys makes a friend, who invites people to the bar
and the bar is packed, frequently
the guys are excited, thinking they are going to get laid by hot, drunk chicks
but
the guy has been inviting his gay friends
so.. they turn it into a gay bar - business, right? it's about money.
I think the one guy blacked out and accidentally had sex with a guy, but isn't sure? I forget

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
well, like the one day, the one fella, mac, is dating a girl who is actively protesting abortion
so he's at the rally, throwing eggs at people who want abortions, right?
and suddenly she smiles at him and says "I'm pregnant" and he's like "you need to get an abortion"
and she gets angry and says it was just a test, but obviously he's lying about his enthusiasm for pro-life
Wow this brings me back to pre-internet days when people explained things instead of just looking it up on IMDB
(this is not sarcasm - seriously nostalgia inducing :LOL:)

Status
Not open for further replies.