02/18 - Mycelial Monday

What is your average daily goal on mturk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
~2.5 mins.

Title: Answer a survey about product brands | PANDA
Requester: MastersLab [A3EU56C24U83GE] (Req TV): $22.09/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 4.20] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
To understand perceptions about varied brand names, expect about 6 minutes
Time: 15 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: GRR

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
Those Hannah's were nice but I only caught 5.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
Why do I get this message more often than not? I use updated Chrome.

There was an error loading the image for the task
This task was created incorrectly and cannot be completed at this time. Please return/stop this task.

pleeseno

boop do booping
Reaction score
I actually haven't tried to make any shapes yet, lol. I was too busy making page layouts and whatnot. I was talking to my mentor(code partner) about that. I literally have almost no idea. I can layout a page and make it responsive as all get out but, I just haven't had the chance to spend any time just making shapes and whatnot. In my brain, I can visualize the parts but I don't know the syntax yet. I'm only 26days in so, you can only focus on so much at a time. I think after my certification, I'll spend a couple of days making pretty pictures with CSS.:)
You should use pseudo elements for some! That way you an easily post them wherever on your page. I tried it for one of my portfolios, but sometimes it gets a little complicated. But you can make shapes with them!

Pseudo element shapes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY7Rj8aZcZk&t=388s

Making text go around shapes/pictures using css: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOB75oTNhw0

A lil more complicated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjIxscGV-Qg

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You should use pseudo elements for some! That way you an easily post them wherever on your page. I tried it for one of my portfolios, but sometimes it gets a little complicated. But you can make shapes with them!

Pseudo element shapes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY7Rj8aZcZk&t=388s

Making text go around shapes/pictures using css: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOB75oTNhw0

A lil more complicated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjIxscGV-Qg
Thanks! I'm sure I will at some point. Just haven't needed them for anything I've made so far. Other fish to fry at the moment, so to speak.:)

Reactions: pleeseno

pleeseno

boop do booping
Reaction score
Title: Behavioral Survey (1-2 minutes)(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Ashley [A2OF1PQLIRJW2T] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.28] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.57] [Fast=3.93] [Comm=2.48] [Fair=4.13] [Reviews=130] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=3.96] [Pen=0.57] [Res=1.00] [Rec=38] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: $0.20
Qualifications: Exc: [130171-129588] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.4
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Gator

pleeseno

boop do booping
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm sure I will at some point. Just haven't needed them for anything I've made so far. Other fish to fry at the moment, so to speak.:)
Hmmm, I wonder what you have created :thinking:

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hmmm, I wonder what you have created :thinking:
Not much. Just my product page. Spent a bit of time mastering Grid and Flexbox. I see way too many pages break on size changes, being only kind of responsive.(Prime example of a passing test that looks great on first glance but, I wouldn't personally be satisfied with submitting is https://codepen.io/EvaldasBu/full/KJboxZ [not mine]) I'm a perfectionist. I try to make mine bulletproof. I could have submitted mine with enough to pass the test after an hour or 2 but, ended up scrapping the first draft in favor of writing it differently and spent a week on it, to get it exactly where I wanted. Actually have a few more touches and it's done. I'm not a fan of moving too far until I know literally everything. I'm about at a point where I could code a responsive layout in less than an hour to any user specs.(just the layout/template] When I move to making pictures with css, I'll master that skill too, no matter how long it takes. I don't like it when I don't know something so I make it a point to learn things exhaustively. Once I learn something, I don't usually forget it, so it makes sense to learn literally everything in each subject before moving on so that I'll only ever have to revisit W3.org when spec changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: DareAngel3

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Not much. Just my product page. Spent a bit of time mastering Grid and Flexbox. I see way too many pages break on size changes, being only kind of responsive.(Prime example of a passing test that looks great on first glance but, I wouldn't personally be satisfied with submitting is https://codepen.io/EvaldasBu/full/KJboxZ [not mine]) I'm a perfectionist. I try to make mine bulletproof. I could have submitted mine with enough to pass the test after an hour or 2 but, ended up scrapping the first draft in favor of writing it differently and spent a week on it, to get it exactly where I wanted. Actually have a few more touches and it's done. I'm not a fan of moving too far until I know literally everything. I'm about at a point where I could code a responsive layout in less than an hour to any user specs.(just the layout/template] When I move to making pictures with css, I'll master that skill too, no matter how long it takes. I don't like it when I don't know something so I make it a point to learn things exhaustively. Once I learn something, I don't usually forget it, so it makes sense to learn literally everything in each subject before moving on so that I'll only ever have to revisit W3.org when spec changes.
Also spent some time getting super comfortable with the command line, git(hub), VSCode, etc. So, there's been lots of progress, not as much product.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Today has been a "I'm only working on things that pay $25/hr+" day for me.

Which means I've made $7.
I turned in about $4500 worth of invoices today for the flooring company.
I was all "Pfffttt I'm not gonna work for pennies today"
And then I was like just kidding, wonder if any good batches are up...

Reactions: TSolo315

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Random question, but could anyone tell me if you have received any email at all from the forum in the last 4 days or so?

Reactions: thedorchannel
Status
Not open for further replies.