02/18 - Mycelial Monday

What is your average daily goal on mturk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_AvocadoMan

Reaction score
theres also water buffalo milk cheese that they carry at whole foods! its a mozarella cheese. but im not sure how similar it would be in enzymes to regular cows milk.
I've heard about buffalo mozzarella before. Not sure if it's the same thing

Reactions: Jerami

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
These are up. I think it's the new qual that they're using.

Title: Please help us find vehicle paths and foot paths in satellite imagery | PANDA
Requester: GeoHIVE Administrator [A2RAGWQ0G2TWAT] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $13.19] [Pay: 3.69] [Fast: 4.82] [Comm: 4.33] [Rej: 1] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.45] [Fast: 3.80] [Comm: 2.00] [Fair: 3.00] [Reviews: 12] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Duration: 20 minutes
Available: 462
Reward: $0.23
Description:
We're looking for vehicle paths and foot paths and the level of activity in each of those categories.
Requirements: GeoHIVE Standard Qual In 0, 1; Location EqualTo US
I didn't even know I passed the qual until I could do these.

Reactions: aveline and Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Well, my new pomodoro timer says that I've actually turked(not counting flubbing off) for 10 tomatoes(4hr5min) and my PE is a hair over $40, not counting bonuses. Not bad, I guess. I'm ok with it. I'm going to take a little break and then go put in a few tomatoes of coding, then check on UserTesting and see what's up. Really trying to balance work and study, which can be hard if it's all self-directed. I had to let work slip for a bit when I started coding, to get a grip on the basics but, this new pom timer really seems to be helping. I can focus for 25minutes at a time, no problem!:p

This is what I've been using...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wlxd.pomochallenge&hl=en_AU

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Well, my new pomodoro timer says that I've actually turked(not counting flubbing off) for 10 tomatoes(4hr5min) and my PE is a hair over $40, not counting bonuses. Not bad, I guess. I'm ok with it. I'm going to take a little break and then go put in a few tomatoes of coding, then check on UserTesting and see what's up. Really trying to balance work and study, which can be hard if it's all self-directed. I had to let work slip for a bit when I started coding, to get a grip on the basics but, this new pom timer really seems to be helping. I can focus for 25minutes at a time, no problem!:p

This is what I've been using...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wlxd.pomochallenge&hl=en_AU
Just stick with it. After not much time you will be able to code hits better than most requester's.

Reactions: Jerami

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just vacuumed the house...last year when we moved, we moved to a house that's about twice as big as the last one...vaccuuming went from a 25 minute job to an hour...blah!

TabethaC

Reaction score
Okay, I don't know why but I'm no longer seeing the Panda links on hits people are posting. I have the panda page running, but for some reason it's not working I guess? I'm confused.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: wTIMIT107_Sim_Normal_Ref | Accept
Requester: Amazon Requester Inc. - RVD Team [A116XPE56JVGXQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.91] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Acceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.16] [Fast=4.34] [Comm=3.13] [Fair=4.45] [Reviews=91] [ToS=3]
TO2: [Hrly=10.91] [Pen=0.44] [Res=null] [Rec=67] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Your task is to rate a number of whispered speech samples side-by-side in terms of their naturalness.
Imagine you had just whispered to a device, and it whispers back to you. Which one of these versions do you prefer?
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.4
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
l[/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Just stick with it. After not much time you will be able to code hits better than most requester's.
lol. I can code better than about 25%+ so far. I'm lucky in the fact that I'm staring now because CSS Grid is pretty widely supported at this time, and my brain naturally thinks in grids(but 3D) anyway. It gives me a huge advantage over people who a. don't think like I do and, b. have spent a few years fighting to understand the flawed, slightly differing between browsers, box model. Lots of people can't get a grip on it(CSS Grid). I, on the other hand, felt comfortable enough to code a tutorial on it by my 11th day coding. I spent a couple days last weekend working solely in Flexbox, to get to the same level with that. So, I'm in good shape.
A few people who started the same time I did are a couple of projects ahead of me. But, I can see that I'm clearly more skilled than they are, judging from their code. If anyone's read my mturk tutorial, they know I'm all about having a firm grip on the basics because, anyone can be taught a shortcut and use it. To make new and better shortcuts, you must know the route that you're trying to shorten. Someone was asking me yesterday if they should learn Bootstrap or CSS Grid. I said, CSS because if you learn Bootstrap, even though it may be faster to get a product published, if it deprecates for whatever reason, you don't have a fallback. Whereas, if you learn the basics(CSS) first, you can add any framework(shortcut) you'd like. But, if it stops working, you still know how to get to where you were going.
So, I know that I could do my last 2 projects, to get my certification, in about 2 days. That said, I can spend 4-5 days and learn probably double what I would if I just coded "to the test", so to speak. The one I'm working on now, for instance, I had coded enough to pass the requirements in an hour. No problem. But, I've been working on it for a week. Even though it looks the same, at a glance from the user side, the code is waaaay better.
Sorry to nerd out on you. I'll shut up now. But, I'm excited and, I don't really get much encouragement so, even the little bit from you made me perk right up. I'm rambling. I'll shut up now.
Thanks.:embarrased:

Last edited:

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Projected Earnings: Trip to the ER to get stitches in my leg from cutting it open with aluminium siding.

Can i just lay on down and die now?
Ouch

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
Projected Earnings: Trip to the ER to get stitches in my leg from cutting it open with aluminium siding.

Can i just lay on down and die now?
Oh no! How many stitches?

Status
Not open for further replies.