02/15 - Thistle Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
yea, we are already big time travelers so for the next 12 or so months just getting everything set up and ready to go. Might even do a sailboat for a year or so, just depends. Have a lot of stuff to settle first, like some of the kids moving the fuck out first.
My mom had a married friend I remember from when I was little and they sold all their stuff and bought a sailboat to sail around the Caribbean from port to port for years. My mom lost touch with her and I wonder if they still are to this day lol. Sounds amazing.

Last edited:

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Contest | Accept
Requester: Stanford GSB Behavioral Lab [A3OSXTUM1QEXNY] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $18.36] [Pay: 3.30] [Fast: 4.75] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.35] [Fast: 4.23] [Comm: 3.63] [Fair: 4.47] [Reviews: 558] [ToS: 6]
TO2: [Hrly: $7.05] [Pen: 0.52 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 67% of 6] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$0.85
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 99
Description: $.85 for 7 minutes! You will participate in a contest. chance for a bonus.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
My mom had a married friend and they sold all their stuff and bought a sailboat to sail around the Caribbean from port to port for years. My mom lost touch with her and I wonder if they still are to this day lol. Sounds amazing.
We've been on sailboats many times, one of my cousins owns one in Florida, plus all the excursions we do on cruises. but those SOB's are expensive as hell, and I refuse to finance shit anymore, so not sure it's going to work or not

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Cognitive Exercises | Accept
Requester: Amanda Bergold [AY6A2IJMY1BKK] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $30.77] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Spend about 10-12 minutes playing cognitive games
Requirements: Done Work Before DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Motivation and Experience(~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Self-Regulation & Motivation Lab [AYR9TXBLTYJNY] (Contact) (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 2.75] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 4.57]
Description:
This study investigates people's experience of motivation. You will be asked a variety of open and close ended questions about motivation, and your experience of motivation. Participation in this study should take around 45 minutes in total of your time. After you complete the survey, you will receive $5.00 in appreciation of your time and commitment to this study.
Time: 3 hour(s)
HITs Available: 4
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Exc: [75150-74561] DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

14 minutes.

Reactions: Leon Powalski

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
So last night I gained a percy qual and 10 hits in I lost the qual, it gave me a 50 score and took the qual. I emailed and explained kindly that I take my work seriously, that I apologize for the substandard content of my work, and if possible, I would love to know ho to improve my work and the error I was making. Even if I can not regain the qual, because the knowledge would help to improve my future performance. Just saw an email in my inbox that the hit was broken and my qual was replaced, glad I didn't just shrug it off.
This! ^^^

I can't emphasize the effectiveness of contacting requesters more than this. From overturned rejections, re-issues quals, to unexpected bonuses, I've received some great outcomes from spending a couple of minutes carefully writing an email.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your interests and apps you use. About 8-10 minute survey. | Accept
Requester: Max Silverman [A30QVNFVFP8YY4] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $12.60] [Pay: 4.25] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.36] [Fast: 2.33] [Comm: 1.67] [Fair: 2.14] [Reviews: 19] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $10.00] [Pen: 0.08 days] [Res: 0% of 1] [Rec: 0% of 2] [Rej: 1] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about your interests and the apps you use. About 8-10 minute survey.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: coffeeowl

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
you know what maybe they did make a mistake, but then again at least they tried.
Edit: after reading the story, yea they were idiots. I read that story on a sailboat forum and they were ripping pretty hard on them.
I've never known a 'Tanner' that hasn't' failed spectacularly in some form or another. At least they covered their losses through e-begging, I guess.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
you know what maybe they did make a mistake, but then again at least they tried.
Edit: after reading the story, yea they were idiots. I read that story on a sailboat forum and they were ripping pretty hard on them.
they didn't even buy insurance for the boat. idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.