Requester: MML Lab [A22NJ4CCXVQ78B] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 4.33] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Survey on your perceptions/opinions of other people (~10 min, $1.50)
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [74645-74056] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.10
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Time estimate is accurate, hourly $9.00.

Also near-instant approval.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michele and <Gucci>

turkenator

━╤デ╦︻(▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)
Contributor
Reaction score
I've left HF on with the minimum left blank, or at 0.00 / 0.01 for hours though, and the log shows nothing but HITs below 0.45 That makes no sense to me.

I just feel like there should be a way to let HF find all HITs, no minimum, no maximum. That is impossible for me though, and is the biggest reason that I struggle to love HF. It is great, but I want to see all HITs available per my spec (rating 3.0 above usually, non masters, I'm qualified for, and no minimum or maximum reward.) Right now, I have to choose between two reward ranges it seems, option A - 0.00 - 0.45 option b 0.45 - anything above.
I just tried it with the rating at 3 and the reward at 0.00 and got one that was .65 on the first scan, and one that is 2.00 less than 2 minutes later. I dunno.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I've left HF on with the minimum left blank, or at 0.00 / 0.01 for hours though, and the log shows nothing but HITs below 0.45 That makes no sense to me.

I just feel like there should be a way to let HF find all HITs, no minimum, no maximum. That is impossible for me though, and is the biggest reason that I struggle to love HF. It is great, but I want to see all HITs available per my spec (rating 3.0 above usually, non masters, I'm qualified for, and no minimum or maximum reward.) Right now, I have to choose between two reward ranges it seems, option A - 0.00 - 0.45 option b 0.45 - anything above.
it can only catch what it sees when it searches; if those higher paying hits happened to not be available the very moment it searches, they won't show up.

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
I just tried it with the rating at 3 and the reward at 0.00 and got one that was .65 on the first scan, and one that is 2.00 less than 2 minutes later. I dunno.
Okay, that at least tells me it's specific to me, which helps. I don't want to hate on HF if it's not something that HF is supposed to do! I've reinstalled MTS a couple of times, and applied the newest update today, still no luck. Thanks for helping though!

Reactions: turkenator

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
it can only catch what it sees when it searches; if those higher paying hits happened to not be available the very moment it searches, they won't show up.
That's not the problem. I've left HF on with no minimum, or minimum of 0.00 or 0.01 and let it sit for hours, logs plenty of hits, but none above 0.45. I have no max set, it's not an issue of HITs not being available. I understand what you're saying though.

I get that if there aren't HITs available, it cannot show them. I'm talking when I know that there are HITs being posted within my criteria, but they aren't being shown if they pay above 0.45. unless I set a minimum, above 0.45. My minimum is acting as both a minimum and a maximum setting in some instances.

Last edited:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
does anyone drink a pint of moonshine and eat a magic mushroom after taking surveys to get over the depression and forget about all the things you've screwed up in your life that you just revealed for $1.00 and 1 in 2.5 million chance at a $20 Amazon gift card? and not wake up until 2pm most days?
I have heard that magic mushrooms can help ease anxiety (or something)
however, the only drugs I've ever done was .. nicotine (quit smoking may of 2005) alcohol (quit rum 2 days ago) and marijuana ( I partook of a waterbong around 2001,2003 once and didn't like the experience)

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
That's not the problem. I've left HF on with no minimum, or minimum of 0.00 or 0.01 and let it sit for hours, logs plenty of hits, but none above 0.45. I have no max set, it's not an issue of HITs not being available. I understand what you're saying though.
have you considered... that it might be a problem with the operator..?

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
have you considered... that it might be a problem with the operator..?
Yes, but I've deleted MTS, and reinstalled, HF set to defaults, tried different settings, but no matter what, I cannot get it to display HITs above 0.45 when I have no minimum set, or have a minimum below 0.45. I'm asking here what I might be doing wrong, because operator error seems to be the only variable. I RTFM already too lol

Reactions: <Gucci>

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, but I've deleted MTS, and reinstalled, HF set to defaults, tried different settings, but no matter what, I cannot get it to display HITs above 0.45 when I have no minimum set, or have a minimum below 0.45. I'm asking here what I might be doing wrong, because operator error seems to be the only variable. I RTFM already too lol
it's entirely possible there aren't too many high paying hits available to you
and any that ARE available are snatched up before HF scans it

maybe today is just an unlucky day? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Attitudes towards animal welfare (~ 20 minutes) | AcceptA
Requester: Emma Thomas [A2QP2IRFUFAI2R] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 8
Description: This project will investigate attitudes and beliefs about animal welfare and the perceived effectiveness of actions to reduce animal suffering.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [74253-73664] DoesNotExist; Location In US-CT, US-MA, US-ME, US-NH, US-NJ, US-NY, US-PA, US-RI, US-VT; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Title: 25-minute Survey about Your Posts and Friends in Facebook | Accept
Requester: Yoshinori Hijikata [ARS0EDWOMKLLQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $13.38] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO:
No Reviews
Reward: $4.00
Description: Give us your opinion about friends you imagine when you post messages in Facebook
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 25-minute Survey about Your Posts and Friends in Facebook | Accept
Requester: Yoshinori Hijikata [ARS0EDWOMKLLQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $13.38] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO:
No Reviews
Reward: $4.00
Description: Give us your opinion about friends you imagine when you post messages in Facebook
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
ughh... you posted my throwaway...

Reactions: basketcasey

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
it's entirely possible there aren't too many high paying hits available to you
and any that ARE available are snatched up before HF scans it

maybe today is just an unlucky day? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No, you're not getting what I'm saying, I don't think. I've even test with two computers both running HF, and the one set with a minimum above 0.45 will log all HITs above 0.45, and the other pc, set to no minimum, or minimum below 0.45 logs only hits below 0.45

Ever since first using HF, a couple of weeks ago, this has been an issue. There are HITs paying above 0.45 that I can see being available when I run HF on one computer, with minimum set to above 0.45 but if I set HF minimum to below 0.45 on another computer, the one with minimum set below 0.45 logs no hits above 0.45.

How could one computers HF see HITs that the other doesn't? I can leave HF set with no minimum, or 0.00 / 0.01 minimum, for hours on end, and see HITs on mturk and the forum paying 0.46 and up, and even catch them raw, but HF won't see / log them at all unless I set the minimum to something above 0.45 this makes no sense.

Last edited:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
No, you're not getting what I'm saying, I don't think. I've even test with two computers both running HF, and the one set with a minimum above 0.45 will log all HITs above 0.45, and the other pc, set to no minimum, or minimum below 0.45 logs only hits below 0.45

Ever since first using HF, a couple of weeks ago, this has been an issue. There are HITs paying above 0.45 that I can see being available when I run HF on one computer, with minimum set to above 0.45 but if I set HF minimum to below 0.45 on another computer, the one with minimum set below 0.45 logs no hits above 0.45.
if you're logged into two computers running HF, you're causing yourself to get a lot of PREs

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
if you're logged into two computers, you're causing yourself to get a lot of PREs
That's not the point. and by the way, I wasn't getting pres. I only used two to prove this point. That my HF won't find hits above 0.45 it I have no minimum/ 0.45 and below set.

Reactions: <Gucci>
Status
Not open for further replies.